What's Mine is Yours/Goblin Flashmob [17 October 2012 update]

Kaur

What's Mine is Yours (Free Players and Members)

2m64spz.png

Dwarven master smith Doric has fallen on hard times, and he needs your help to rekindle his client list and keep bankruptcy at bay. You'll travel the length and breadth of Asgarnia, getting to the bottom of an unscrupulous plot to undermine Doric's business, showing off your smithing chops as well as your sword arm.

Succeed, and you'll be rewarded with an amulet that doubles your next 500 XP in Mining and/or Smithing (used up as you earn XP in the two skills). Members can increase this amount by completing post-quest tasks for Doric. These can earn you over 180,000 bonus XP for your amulet, as well as hefty chunks of Mining or Smithing XP per task completed! These tasks have a range of Mining and Smithing skill requirements, however, so train up if you want to lend Doric a helping hand.

To top it all off, this quest is fully voice-acted, so turn up your speakers, fire up the forge and start pumping the bellows of commerce!

Mod Daze

How to start What's Mine is Yours:

Speak to Doric at his home, north of Falador.

Requirements:

• Level 5 Smithing.
  • The post-quest tasks, available only to members, have Mining level requirements up to 60 and Smithing level requirements up to 75.

Goblin Raids & Bosses (Members Only)

If there's one thing that gets goblins to put their sartorial differences aside, it's a good, old-fashioned raid. You'll now see gangs of graphically reworked, green-skinned hoodlums rampaging across Gielinor, and it's up to you to send them packing!

Every half an hour, a chat window announcement will go out, giving the location of the latest goblin incursion, so you'll know exactly where to go to kick some green, warty posterior.

The goblins themselves will drop skilling materials useful to low-level players. Each raid will be led by a goblin chieftain, too, who can drop some unique items: a raider's axe and shield, and some goblin-modded torso armour.

If you want to take the fight to the goblins themselves, head on over to the Goblin Village. Kill 15 goblins there and you'll invoke the ire of one of the village's three goblin bosses - each fighting with a different combat style.

These bosses have the chance to drop a goblin cower shield. This unique item gives a bonus of 25% in Attack, Defence and/or Constitution XP earned while training; up to 1000 bonus XP in total, before it becomes a cosmetic item.

If you've completed the Chosen Commander quest, simply head in and chat to General Bentnoze or General Wartface. They'll be sufficiently cowed to give over the cosmetic version of the shield, with no need to get your hands dirty.

The Goblin Village has also received a full graphical rework, as have all surface-dwelling goblin NPCs, the Chaos Temple near Doric's house and the Burthorpe wall north-west of Falador.

Slip on your best goblin-bothering boots and head out for some flash mob mayhem!

Mod Anthony W

How to find Goblin Raids:

Look out for server-wide announcements in your chat window, warning of upcoming goblin raids. When you get there, speak to the dwarven officer for full details.

Behind the Scenes Video

If you haven't already, take a tour of today's content update with our latest Behind the Scenes Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw8LSb2tF8U

In Other News

We've given the Duel Arena interfaces a bit of a polish, adding a rematch button and a feature for saving your favourite duel options.

Doric's Quest has been replaced by and expanded into today's new quest: What's Mine is Yours. Those who have completed Doric's Quest can still complete What's Mine is Yours and will receive all rewards except the quest points. If you've already completed Doric's Quest, you won't have to complete What's Mine is Yours to keep wearing a Quest Cape. You will, however, have to complete the new quest to wear a Completionist Cape.

We've made the following tweaks to the Challenge System:

• If a Daily Challenge is completed, it will be given a green stamp on the Noticeboard.
  • The log-in message for new Daily Challenges now includes the skill name of the Challenge.
  • The hint arrow that appears directing players to the Challenge Master on Challenge completion no longer appears on Challenges above level 30.
  • The XP rewards for Construction, Summoning, Herblore and Prayer Daily Challenges have been significantly increased.
  • The 'recommended' category for a skill now shows Daily Challenges in that skill, if available.
  • Players can now disable Daily Challenges in certain skills, if they have mastered that skill.

It's double dough to go on Squeal of Fortune this weekend, with all gold coin prizes and cash conversions doubled from Friday the 19th of October to Monday the 22nd of October (GMT), inclusive.

Patch notes:

Graphical:

All staves have had their orbs re-attached.

Players can no longer get stuck behind a certain portal in the Chaos Tunnels.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

Caleb from Family Crest has moved to Gertrude's House.

The Noticeboard hint arrow now points at the correct starting location for the Grim Tales quest.

Skills & Minigames:

The Squeal of Fortune interface will no longer get out of sync and show blank rewards when using the 10x spins function.

The anvils at the Blast Furnace no longer bypass the 60 Smithing level requirement by using the "Smith" option.

Other:

Sweetcorn in a bowl, chopped ugthanki, ash potion (unf), and a variant of cooked chompy have been removed from the game, being replaced with cooked sweetcorn, ugthanki kebabs, tarromin potions (unf) and cooked chompy.

The Sizzling Summer popup no longer appears on login.

Female saradomin knights no longer sound masculine.

Selecting a fate card no longer shows the player the text information for that card after it has been claimed.

Players will no longer get "stuck" by being given the Abyss random event.

A tooltip in the achievements menu now appears correctly.

Midgets, possibly the coolest thing ever.

• Like 2

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Its on the official channel now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WkX4QUDyE&feature=plcp

Edited by Leik
Removed 2nd video

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'd gotten the impression that the Goblin Village update was going to be available to non-members as well. But, obviously, that's not the case.

The reworked Doric's quest looks interesting. I can't wait to get home and give it a try. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My god. no Solomon adverts or items. ohmy.gif

Nope. It's just posted in "Other News":

It's double dough to go on Squeal of Fortune this weekend, with all gold coin prizes and cash conversions doubled from Friday the 19th of October to Monday the 22nd of October (GMT), inclusive.

Jagex will never stop advertising MT. But it will get somewhat less noticeable. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

So excited about the max skill toggle option! Hopefully I can get some dg challenges now!

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

anyone els notice the forgotten katagon warrior in the crowd at the end cutscene? or was it just someone in mith? didnt get a screen shot.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

When F2P gets 500 xp and P2P gets 180,000, I think we're getting the short end of the stick. The very, very short end.

• Like 5

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

dg-1.png

This could be nice..

Yessssss. This makes my day.

15ckrrb.png

Oh man, I was worried about a nerf and first thought this post was the nerf. Argh. I'm so glad they made this call. I would have loved Daily Challenges just as much when I was still maxing my other skills back in the day (slayer! rc before runespan! prayer! construction!), so I'm really happy they're giving us the liberty to use the system as we see fit now. Good one, Jagex :thumbup:.

600 days eh? I CAN LIVE WITH THAT.

Got comp back. God, these tasks were so damn annoying. Luckily I for some reason already had 30 coal stored in that cart, so I technically skipped that task. :P Also for the mining guild task, definitely bring lava titan/golem/other mining familiar. Very easily beat other people who had dragon pickaxe with my rune pickaxe + titan. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid