Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
hdis

99 Herblore

How much does 99 herblore cost (relatively) after you sell all the potions back that you made?

howdoiskill.png

howdoiskill.png

howdoiskill.png

Eh, the most efficient way to get 99 herblore is to make ~3.6k of each extreme when you can, then make 3.6k overloads to get 99.

However, for example saradomin brews are ~195m from level 81 (The level when you can start making them) after selling the pots.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Hmm fair enough, just wondering how much money I will lose or if I will break even. I definitely want 99 in the long run :/

howdoiskill.png

howdoiskill.png

howdoiskill.png

It's hard to work out prices at the moment, since prices aren't just crazy, they're insane. The lack sorcerer's garden bots being gone was sending herb prices up significantly, and with bonus weekend they're going up even more. Where they'll end up after bonus xp weekend is anyones guess, but to figure out prices right now you need to check exact prices on the GE, since the prices are fluctuating so much.

That said, right now with prayer potions 13m experience is ~125m using clean ranarr.

Riqualyn.png

that said, in the long term, you will regret doing anything but extremes/overloads after 84.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I personally did 96 Herblore with super str and I don't regret a thing. But I also farm herbs for my exts

tmht-banner-medium-1.png

[spoiler=Rare Drops/Splits (Feb 2013 - ??)]

21m84sy.png

Can't say I'm so sure doing overloads is the way to go unless you don't care about spending the $$. Sure they max your stats, but extremes will do that without taking 500 life points. And unless you like using them (I don't) once they're made it's a waste. you can't sell them, and alching only gets you like $113 gp or something like that. At least Saras and the like you make *some* of your $$ back.

Extremes are acceptable if the only PvM you're doing is Slayer. They are extremely useful, and worth it for most bosses as they can prolong your stay, give faster kills and allow the use of Sara Brews.

The point people who were suggesting making Ovls were making is that in the long run it is more efficient to get 99 Herblore by making Ovls if you ever planning on using/making Ovls in the future. It's both more expensive, and a waste of experience to first get 99 Herblore by doing other potions and then afterwards decide you need some Ovls.

I am personally taking my time getting 99 Herblore and making extremes/Ovls as I need them.

Ovls are useful for:

Nex

Kiln

Glacors

QBD

Dg

Probably a couple less profitable things

Unless you're a huge pvmer, it's not worth making a ton of them. 2k or so will cover most players for a long time. If you need more, you can make more.

Once you have more overloads than you can use, they become very unproductive.