Castle wars

lwilson100

It's been a while since i posted a topic, but i just wanted to get people's opinions on the state of castle wars and the constant problem of people just sitting idle in games. A few years ago before i took my break from runescape this was my favorite minigame and it wasn't so dominated by 138's or being completely overpopulated like the official world is.

lwilson100.png

A ridiculous amount of CW games as a comp cape requirement means games full of max players just standing there.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Some people just cannot stand people loafing or idling in Castle Wars. Personally doesn't bother me at all, mainly because the fact that on average there should be similar amounts of loafers on each side, considering a fair majority go in the green portal just to get in games. So they balance each other out and they don't overly effect the outcome.

In many ways can blame Jagex for the mechanism of this requirement of games played and not games won, or even the fact that this requirement exists at all. The 5,000 games is very much the rate limiting part of the trimmed comp cape, and hated by many as it is nothing but a time drain. But at this point not sure any change can be made without some outcry in one way or another as so many have loafed the 5,000 games it would be a tad unfair to change it.

As for the tons of 138s there, it is another curse of Jagex that many players of Runescape are more long term players so many high levels flood mini games where it is fun to beat up on lower leveled players for some.

• Like 1
siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Why would you add a requirement that takes half a year no-lifing to obtain. And if you're going to add minigames as a requirement, why only castlewars. Why not spread out the 2000 hours across several different minigames.

Jagex is 100% at fault there. Making a ludicrous requirement like that is a recipe to get loafers. You make a rare cape, people want it, people will do anything. Unless you're some sort of zombie that enjoys doing the same thing over and over for months on end, there's no way anyone would play that game legit all day for 6 months.

• Like 4

2480+ total

Why would you add a requirement that takes half a year no-lifing to obtain. And if you're going to add minigames as a requirement, why only castlewars. Why not spread out the 2000 hours across several different minigames.

Jagex is 100% at fault there. Making a ludicrous requirement like that is a recipe to get loafers. You make a rare cape, people want it, people will do anything. Unless you're some sort of zombie that enjoys doing the same thing over and over for months on end, there's no way anyone would play that game legit all day for 6 months.

To be fair, Castle Wars had some ridiculous requirements for rewards since the very beginning. The highest tier of decorative armour always required months to attain.

22031_s.gif

Why would you add a requirement that takes half a year no-lifing to obtain. And if you're going to add minigames as a requirement, why only castlewars. Why not spread out the 2000 hours across several different minigames

Because then you'd have loafers in every minigame?

Lol I'm loafing CW as I read this topic.

1hjaL.png

• Like 6

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

hate the people who purposely just stay underground and collapse the tunnels on everyone, including teammates and people with enemies flag, more then the loafers. At least the no lifers are good if all of them are on the other team :twisted:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I've been playing a lot of Castle wars. I'm at about 1770 games and 2100 tickets and haven't loafed my games (maybe 10 at the most). I can certainly tell you that there is not equal loafers on each side. I don't mind people loafing because ye it's a stupid requirement. And why only Castle wars? I get it has a cape to unlock, but they could just change the cape to be universal to all minigames.

A lot of loafers don't realize is that it's really frustrating to lower levels because they're losing (and about 90% of the team is idle), Castle wars is stacked just like almost all PvP minigames. Non-stacked games you'd have to do private games, but good luck getting 5000 private games in a reasonable time frame.

The only solution I really have is to give 1 ticket for losing. That way if you do lose you still gain something. Unlike those going for Cct an extra game means almost nothing, however a ticket saves a possible 20 minutes of their lives.

Personally, I would rather see the requirement removed. All it does is attract 100s of the AFK-style players to a minigame which is team based. By joining a team you're "supposed" to be making a commitment to help that team out. Not just stand at the trapdoor. People can blame Jagex for making it a requirement, and I do agree it's a insane requirement. But I don't AFK, 100s of other players didn't AFK their games (the players that got 5k even before Comp capes), so yes there isn't much excuse to AFK games. I look at it as either play or don't go for the Cct, but it's whatever loafing is here to stay unless Jagex changes the game and adds an activity bar (but then that could punish defence players).

• Like 1

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

It's a ridiculous goal that Jagex set on the trimmed comp cape. If they wanted people to spend time (not just money) before they are able to claim it they should have spread it over all the minigames to reduce "loafing". It's only going to get worse as Jagex continues to add massive XP rewards on SoF, quest extensions, daily challenges and generally just for being a member (promissory note). As more people cap their skills all that will be left is loafing in minigames.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I used to be in Kingdad138's "CW" clan. We were not allowed to go to any other worlds, we were only allowed to go to world 24. And we weren't allowed to leave the fc, otherwise he would have taken our ranks away (and that's how w24 has become my homeworld). But those were awesome CW times. Like hundreds of people on both sides, it was simply awesome. Then I decided to go to do skills, and leave CW to the side. After a year or two, I then went back to CW, and almost started crying when I saw how unpopulated the minigame has become. I think it was the Soul Wars update which made CW so unpopular: People did SW instead of CW.

The actual CW community (not CW clans, but cw in themed worlds) sucks donkey ass. All the pidcading that is going on there, all the shit that people keep talking, all the loafing, oh my [bleep]ing god. It's a shame that CW got ruined, with the 2007-2008 community and the CW popularity it would have been a joy to get 5k games, but this way? No thanks.

• Like 2

I'm sorry - I must have missed it, but why doesn't anyone attack the loafers, again? unsure.gif

Maybe they have auto-retaliate on? Or killing 138s is just too difficult. I don't know.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm sorry - I must have missed it, but why doesn't anyone attack the loafers, again? unsure.gif

Maybe they have auto-retaliate on? Or killing 138s is just too difficult. I don't know.

It's a safe mini-game. Why not simply engage them and at least make them participate? At least then they've nothing to complain about, right? :huh:

nyuseg.png

It's a safe mini-game. Why not simply engage them and at least make them participate? At least then they've nothing to complain about, right? :huh:

No one bothers to try anymore, because almost everyone loafing is already Comp'd, meaning a simple cast of Venge Group gets rid of the attacker in one click. Multiply that by the ~10-20 people there that can do it...

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Attacking loafers doesn't make sense.

Why attack them? If you're playing CTF and someone is standing in the corner, engaging them is like picking on the retard in gym class...

w4M8t.png

I thought the loafers just hang out in the 'saferoom'.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12