Castle wars

lwilson100

Reducing the game time from 20 minutes to 10 minutes won't make it better. That will hurt the legit CWers.

Are there many CW strategies that truly take nearly the full 20 minutes to deploy? That's one of the only cases I can really think of where it would hurt legit CW fans.

hzvjpwS.gif

Reducing the game time from 20 minutes to 10 minutes won't make it better. That will hurt the legit CWers.

Are there many CW strategies that truly take nearly the full 20 minutes to deploy? That's one of the only cases I can really think of where it would hurt legit CW fans.

If there's an even match, where the end result after 20 minutes are like 1-0, 1-1, or other low numbers, then the chance of 0-0 games becomes bigger with a shorter match. I'd say 20 minutes are a good time.

Would changing the requirement to 5k wins, and accepting all played games so far as wins or something work as a solution. that way they'd need to play to win unless they just count on statistics to win half their matches.

It's a shame. CW used to be a lot more fun. With the loafers, they're never distributed evenly. Hopefully Jagex realizes they killed one of their best minigames and will remove the requirement.

That would be harsh towards the people who loaf'd several months to get that requirement.

And also, CW got unpopular/ruined when SW came around, the 5k Req just brought more (loafing) players to the game.

Hardly. CW was long destroyed with the introduction of Nex and GWD Armour, coupled with Ancients and Curses (Basically, rich arse players with pockets deeper then a moon crater). Unless you were maxed combat with all of these, you WILL die, you WILL NOT kill them, all the meanwhile they just dominate the battlefield, destroying it for the majority of players. I played CW for a (sadly) solid 4 years on and off, solo'ing without a clan and only managed to get to 750 tickets @ a combat level of around 120. I would NEVER be able to kill others because of the absurd overpowered difference between me, and someone with so much money. It went from a balanced mini game to another "Whoever is rich, wins".

With that said, CW does need fixing to bring it up to date with today's content.

Popoto.~<3

I have not played CWs in a long time, but skill and tactics can easily over power brute force killing in many other situations. So I assume the same works here? Yes I agree it is annoying to be killed time after time and not be able to kill other people. But, you would think with skill and tactics even a solo player can hurt another team at least some of the time.

orlyn.png

youry.png

Delete the 5k games req and the loafers are gone. Make the cape cost 5k tickets rather than being unlocked at 5k games so you can still show off your castle wars games if you want to.

theres already castle wars bots, I dont think that would change that.

Its kind of like there being an achievement for 1 million CoD kills. You will get some people who get totally addicted to the achievement that they will start paying their friends to leave their xboxes on and keep dying, or lend their account to killfarmers in china, or possibly work on some way to automate as much as possible

Even though FPS matchmaking is fun ridiculous time commitment achievements drive completionist oriented people to extreme measures

This is completely unrelated to bots

It's a shame. CW used to be a lot more fun. With the loafers, they're never distributed evenly. Hopefully Jagex realizes they killed one of their best minigames and will remove the requirement.

That would be harsh towards the people who loaf'd several months to get that requirement.

And also, CW got unpopular/ruined when SW came around, the 5k Req just brought more (loafing) players to the game.

That would assume Jagex actually cared about passed achievements. Hint: They don't.

I don't think you can make an accusation like that, since you have no idea what goes on in their studio. They may be on the verge of nerfing the requirement, but haven't because of prior achievements. You don't know.

Of course we can, we can read their commitment and priorities based on their record of word and deed. And they have a pretty poor record on things such as these, they have often neglected poorly designed minigames to a criminal intent. Trouble Brewing? Trawler? Livid Farm? Need I go on? All rather deserted minigames, because of poor design and lack of will-power to do anything about them. You can say, "Well how do you know they aren't planning to do something about?", but that's a smokescreen. How do you know they aren't not-planning to do something about it? We can only pass judgement based on the information available to us, not speculation based on what they might or might not be thinking behind closed doors.

Delete the 5k games req and the loafers are gone. Make the cape cost 5k tickets rather than being unlocked at 5k games so you can still show off your castle wars games if you want to.

theres already castle wars bots, I dont think that would change that.

Its kind of like there being an achievement for 1 million CoD kills. You will get some people who get totally addicted to the achievement that they will start paying their friends to leave their xboxes on and keep dying, or lend their account to killfarmers in china, or possibly work on some way to automate as much as possible

Even though FPS matchmaking is fun ridiculous time commitment achievements drive completionist oriented people to extreme measures

This is completely unrelated to bots

bots are a symptom of the overall problem, which is unreasonable time commitments to a goal which players feel compelled to complete. Whether its sitting in a corner clicking once a minute or having a bot to do the heavy lifting it happens for that reason

Hardly. CW was long destroyed with the introduction of Nex and GWD Armour, coupled with Ancients and Curses (Basically, rich arse players with pockets deeper then a moon crater). Unless you were maxed combat with all of these, you WILL die, you WILL NOT kill them, all the meanwhile they just dominate the battlefield, destroying it for the majority of players. I played CW for a (sadly) solid 4 years on and off, solo'ing without a clan and only managed to get to 750 tickets @ a combat level of around 120. I would NEVER be able to kill others because of the absurd overpowered difference between me, and someone with so much money. It went from a balanced mini game to another "Whoever is rich, wins".

With that said, CW does need fixing to bring it up to date with today's content.

CW with GWD armour and Ancients were not overpowered. Those were actually awesome CW times. And SW was the update (February 2009) which made CW unpopular. Dragon Claws (November 2008) were an overpowered weapon to use in CW, but it wasn't that bad, but it for sure brought some unbalance to the minigame. Ancient Curses (December 2009) and Chaotics (April 2010) unbalanced the game a bit more, but with the release of Nex Armour (January 2011) + SoA (September 2011) this Minigame got [bleep]ed up.

This minigame needs an update, that is for sure. And I hope that it comes ASAP.

CW with GWD armour and Ancients were not overpowered. Those were actually awesome CW times. And SW was the update (February 2009) which made CW unpopular. Dragon Claws (November 2008) were an overpowered weapon to use in CW, but it wasn't that bad, but it for sure brought some unbalance to the minigame. Ancient Curses (December 2009) and Chaotics (April 2010) unbalanced the game a bit more, but with the release of Nex Armour (January 2011) + SoA (September 2011) this Minigame got [bleep]ed up.

This minigame needs an update, that is for sure. And I hope that it comes ASAP.

That's not just a problem with Cwars, it's basically the problem with team combat events, or PVP as well. There was a time in this game when with a little bit of hard work, you could afford the best gear(barrows) and even special weapons(DDS/Mace/D Long) were dirt cheap. I recall being a level 80 in Castle Wars back in 2005 and even though all I had was Veracs, I could run around and have some fun; sure, strong people would kill me but I would give them a decent run for their money. Now, there's an elite tier of stuff(Nex Armour/Divine etc.) that only a few can buy, and ironically enough it can only really be earned by a select few and parasitic/luck based activities: merching/staking/dicing etc. So yeah the game's a mess, and it really shows in places like Cwars and even Soul Wars, where a few rich cats come in with the best gear and absolutely dominate. The same applies to, say Fight Pits or Soul Wars. It simply isn't fun anymore. It use to be that the best gear was perfectly affordable to anyone who was willing to do a little bit of the work, and those who had too much money could toy around with rares; which to be sure we all wanted, but were not practical/functional items. What they have done now is basically introduced a Rare's tier of combat gear/skills/abilities. And it has adversely affected places like Cwar. I could probably open up a thread on that somewhere else, so I won't go any further.

• Like 3