24-Oct-2012 - Halloween 2012: Haunted Houses

Pirkka

Tbf I do like that f2pers get slightly less out of recent events, because holiday items are always a sort of status symbol of 'look I was there' so to me it's nice to be able to have that little bit more to say 'look I was there and actually a paying member' though it is taking it a ridiculous extreme that f2p only get a cape this time.

Deffo agree that I prefer quest-type events; I mean not everyone really cares all that much about community stuff. To me they should aim to be more like Gielinor games were done: The bulk of the content is quest/game-like event with a community element as a non-vital extra. I think what makes these community type events worse is the sheer lack of effort put into them now, I mean a peng hide and seek clone at best is being kinda lazy with it but then the fact they basically already did this EXACT event for easter and just swapped some graphics out to make it halloween. I mean what's next? At Xmas we'll have Santa vs that ice queen lady where you pick a team and every 2 hours theres 5 snowmen to hunt.

You sir have just predicted the 2012 Christmas Holiday Event :P and the ectoplasm item is enough of a bonus reward for being p2p, seeing as it's not cosmetic and gives bonus xp.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

but you'll also earn points to spend on robes to show off your allegiance to Team Heinous or Team Righteous.

I like this reward!

Collect the whole set, and you'll earn the right to buy an ectoplasmator.

Well, to me that sounds like a member's item. Ah well.

Free players and members alike can participate and claim the cape, but you must be on a members' world to claim the full set and the ectoplasmator.

:wall:

I hope I wasn't the only one with those reactions.

Also, I will miss my genie lamps. 20k gp worth of prayer xp was pretty good.

22031_s.gif

I hope I wasn't the only one with those reactions.

No, you summed it up pretty well. Usually I'm a fan of holiday events but this one is pretty weak. Almost as bad as last year's thanksgiving "event". I think I much prefer the quest based events to these so-called community ones.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Someone have a pic of the cape? And can you receive it without having to put it on? I don't really want to lose my RC cape but I haven't missed a holiday event since I started.

2v8n08z.png

You don't have to put it on.

Are those all of the clothing rewards? (I couldn't find anything on Wikia)

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I just noticed that my adventure log is showing 100% completed quests for once. Wasnt like that recently so good to see it only took months to fix. Again.

-

I prefer the concept behind the holiday event being less 'questy' or 'boxed-in' like they have in the past. However their attempt with this update wasnt fun at all. I wouldnt even say it was boring. I just lacked everything besides being a tedius task. I ran around for all 2 ghosts before I realised it wasnt fun and illogical to waste my time not looking them up thereafter, which I was glad for. Without looking them up it would of got boring very quickly. I will say that the idea of looking for stuff was a better idea for the easter event than for halloween though. I understand a easter hunt. Whatever I was doing today I certainly wouldnt class myself as a ghostbuster. (Which would maybe be a better idea. Give me a plasma gun thingy and get into copyright issues.)

Ganna miss the random events too.. but I think more than anything is just a reminder of sof in a indirect sence. I know jagex will just say.. buy spins for the xp. Even though they dont sell xp.. but whatever. Im ganna guess that sooner or later there will be a special themed sof where you can buy special themed random event items and xp. Otherwise I aint that bothered by the removal of the randoms. Just the reminder of the future.

Instead of a hidden item/npc hunt similar to Easter's, it'd probably be much more engaging/easier if they added some sort of global phenomena like a very big NPC/environmental change that occurred in major cities. This would be able to immediately elicit attention, as opposed to 5 ghosts in obscure places that only even appear once you're within like 5 tiles of them. Give a global announcement or something, like, "The Great Pumpkin is making its way through Varrock! Try to tag it as often as possible for a reward!" or something like that.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

is there a friend chat or anything for this?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I know for the easter event rs wiki posted locations for every single event under the easter 2012 page, try searching the wiki for h'ween 2012 maybe?

EDIT: there you go, http://runescape.wik...allowe'en_event look under current locations, states f2p and p2p locations for the five ghosts and time 'til next event.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I know for the easter event rs wiki posted locations for every single event under the easter 2012 page, try searching the wiki for h'ween 2012 maybe?

EDIT: there you go, http://runescape.wik...allowe'en_event look under current locations, states f2p and p2p locations for the five ghosts and time 'til next event.

Also 'ghost find' and 'W2V' are fc that are doing ghost searches (or were yesterday at least.) Tend to be faster than rs wiki too since reports for loads of players means false data gets lost quicker than rs wiki.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Got an Ectoplasmator as a drop from Abby Specs last night, having not even started the event. Might be similar to the Cornucopia in that it's a holiday item you can still get after the event's finished.

Makes sense, since this is like the bonecrusher. They seem ok with giving chunks of exp out for holiday stuff, but permanent exp granting items might be pushing it.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

This halloween was pretty meh in general. Both events were boring. The mask and the robes look average. But of course looks like they had no problems making good-looking solomon stuff.

• Like 2

2480+ total

I think I would rather still have ransoms than this "event".

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Ransoms!?

I don't think kidnap is the answer. XD

Then you haven't been looking at the right people.

Lol. I meant "randoms". Stupid iPhone autocorrect. :lol:

• Like 1

Just got a pumpkin amulet from my free spins. It doubles experience, 68k based on newspost. Also apparently works with the double experience weekend. Not sure if that means 4 times XP or 3 times XP...

They confirmed on forums that all these things work off the base xp value.

So, for example, if you did something normally worth 100xp.

The amulet would give 100xp

The weekend effect would giv 100xp.

So both effects independently doubled the 100xp to 200xp but the grand total is 300xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue