Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'Unfortunate' Lag ?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Grand Lord Dan
[ Display Name History ]

Grand Lord Dan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:DJ Dan-3

Next week on solomon: access to premium servers!

Shh. Don't give them any ideas. :ohnoes:

Uhh, sorry, but I kind of already did... In a way. ;)

Quick find code: 309-310-854-63983218
How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

n64jive
[ Display Name History ]

n64jive

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,153 posts

Next week on solomon: access to premium servers!

Shh. Don't give them any ideas. :ohnoes:

Uhh, sorry, but I kind of already did... In a way. ;)

Quick find code: 309-310-854-63983218

I actually love this idea. I'm not sure exactly what I would pay, but if I wanted certain game content to myself...it would be nice.
Posted Image

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

I actually love this idea. I'm not sure exactly what I would pay, but if I wanted certain game content to myself...it would be nice.

Play F2P games then, they've got the pay-to-win you're looking for. :P

If RS became like that I wouldn't bother with it anymore. Not paying a subscrition in addition to paying for solomon crap just to have an okay game experience.

2480+ total

awesomem8
[ Display Name History ]

awesomem8

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RSN:Call me mabe
loled, btw does rs lag in f2p also even though some worlds are empty?
Posted Image

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

loled, btw does rs lag in f2p also even though some worlds are empty?

I haven't had a problem at all.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Also more difficult getting in (your account has not logged out). Clearly a conspiracy.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Travis D
[ Display Name History ]

Travis D

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Clan:9gag
Don't know if its been said yet but if you're doing a bankable skill try using a citadel's bank, I had virtually no lag in one

Travis_D.png       k_Lw.png

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
Well, this lag wasnt too bad for me, it was DEFINETLY worse in high pop areas. So, on most worlds, places where there was only me, and not much going on i had little lag, but places like ge i had the two step...
and dg.. oh god.... servers werent displaying properly, so what on timers said was 20 mins was 30-40.... idk how you could floor.... fortunatly buy-sell summoning/smith doesnt require any movement!

also

AMG JAGIX CONSPIRACY PANIC
Posted Image

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Them spook jagex conspiracy theorists.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Game ticks probably stretched out because of the much greater amount of user input, so there was much more stress on the servers which had to calculate player positions/item changes etc. Castle Wars games lasted 30 minutes of real time yesterday, apparently, and most dungeons went on longer in real time than game tick time.

Best part was trying to log in and getting the stupid login bug non-stop, thanks to all the people in their instances (DG/ Dom Tower etc).

Was quite fun in a way, the game almost seemed to become truly turn-based :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

Have Jagex added lag to slow down XP gains - nothing would surprise me!!

Of course it wouldn't surprise you, you're on the lookout for something to complain about and someone to blame.

Actually, If you follow the threads I respond to I very rarely criticise Jagex, given in the main they do a good job in trying circumstances whereby they cannot please everyone. On this occaision I found it very surprising to be working fine up to 1pm & then 'Bang' the infamous 2 step start stop walking routine.

So your first inclination is to say that Jagex is deliberately causing lag as some conspiracy to reduce xp gain? When Jagex originally talked about ending the double exp weekend, one of the moderators (Mark, I believe) said that the reason was half economic and half technical. Maybe running one last bonus exp weekend is their way of solidifying with the community that the event seriously screws up the game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab
Eh, none of the other bxp weekends were as bad as this. Also, I think it'd be better to tell players bxp causes technicaly issues then to cause one.

I was busy saturday, managed to get a few minutes around lunchtime. Got in after a few attempts, was taking the 3 step stop thing. I was on 15 minutes top because I had other things to do. Went on later, late at night and I think I had a little trouble logging int, but eventually got in and I didn't experience any unusual lag. Got all my summon training done. Now I've been trying to like 10 minutes to log on and it keeps saying I'm already logged on. SO glad I stayed up late to do all my summ tranining.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I think it is worse than the other bonus exp weekends because with bonus exp people eventually stopped skilling and such after the bonus ran out

InsaneChef
[ Display Name History ]

InsaneChef

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Pen chef
I've been tucked away at w99 herblore habitat hunting and I'm having absolutely no lag whatsoever. I got one 5 minute huge spike of lag but it passed very quickly. *Shrug*
Runescape player since 6th November, 2003
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Flutterr Shy
[ Display Name History ]

Flutterr Shy

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • RSN:Flutterr Shy

I think it is worse than the other bonus exp weekends because with bonus exp people eventually stopped skilling and such after the bonus ran out

I think that may be the reason behind the horrible lag. Though i imagine people will stop skilling because they will either burn out or run out of materials or both.

However, I'm experiencing virtually no issues on foreign language worlds. Other than everything is en francais and I only know words like fromage and fenêtre and sortie which aren't particularily useful in runescape, but thats a small price to pay for no lag.
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
I think what people are forgetting most is the fact that the boost is available to members...and free to play. That's essentially doubling the potential users cramming in play-time.

hzvjpwS.gif

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I'm proud to report I've had no lag on F2P all weekend :^_^:.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Haven't had any lag, not even in LRC world 77, at full screen and HD graphics. :s Did have a lot of problems to log in.
Gained some levels overall, though I'm sad I forgot you could do citadel for double exp, reached cap already last monday and tomorrow I'm having too much school to play through the next building tick. :s

TheLad1
[ Display Name History ]

TheLad1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • RSN:The Lad 1
  • RSN2:Fork Sake
  • Clan:Max The Experience
The main issue I've had with the lagg is the game tick appears to have been delayed. People have reported both Dung & Castle War games taking far longer that the game timer suggested.

The knock on effect of this is 4 out of 5 of my 2nd run of Fruit Trees still haven't grown - at last count that was 32 hours !!

the_lad_1.png

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd

The main issue I've had with the lagg is the game tick appears to have been delayed. People have reported both Dung & Castle War games taking far longer that the game timer suggested.

The knock on effect of this is 4 out of 5 of my 2nd run of Fruit Trees still haven't grown - at last count that was 32 hours !!

Yew trees took 17% longer to grow at a rate of 472 minutes to grow instead of 400. It was annoying wasting xp to wait for trees.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users