Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has anyone else been hacked after not playing for a while?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Sumpta
[ Display Name History ]

Sumpta

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sunta

This has happened to me. During the fan sitehack wave about a year ago, the email I used with RuneScape was the same email I registered with a specific fan site, was obtained from the database. The passwords were totally different. All of my in-game passwords are a randomly generated string. After my email was obtained, it was only a matter of time until the hacker obtained the rest of the information from either database entries or logs from the fan site.

I've seen quite a few hack attempts pass by during my absence from RS. The worst for me was also the fan sitehack armageddon last year. They'd got into one of my e-mail accounts, which was also the address to which my RS account was linked. Luckily, they didn't get into my RS account. Sadly, they then decided to hack into other accounts linked to that e-mail account, such as yahoo, etsy, twitter,... They changed all my passwords, not sure why though. Boredom? The hacked e-mail account was really more of a spam account and I got control over all my accounts again within minutes, so there was no damage done, but it gave me quite the scare nonetheless. Since then, I'm a lot more careful and use separate e-mail accounts for everything, even if it feels quite silly.

Even before that, I got Jagex e-mails from time to time that evidenced someone trying to get into my account but failing to get the recovery questions right. In my case, Jagex didn't fall for it, to my relief. It was just a weird feeling to see a game that wasn't even on my mind anymore cause such havoc.

Boredom RS
[ Display Name History ]

Boredom RS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • RSN:Boredom
Hey they didnt hack you because of me! hehe (Boredom) but ya I mean.. My friend got a keylogger before and they would get on his messanger and instant chats for some weird reason...
Posted Image

ohmergurd
[ Display Name History ]

ohmergurd

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • RSN:Phxicire
yep mine was hacked when i quit for a year lucky me the hacker did all bandos godwars so when i logged on had 10 sets of bandos 5 d claws and a load of other expensive items sold and made few around 200-300m,dunno why he didnt trade items

Edited by Randox, 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM.
censor

Puccioso
[ Display Name History ]

Puccioso

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

yep mine was hacked when i quit for a year lucky me the hacker did all bandos godwars so when i logged on had 10 sets of bandos 5 d claws and a load of other expensive items sold and made few around 200-300m,dunno why he didnt trade items

Woah, you really were lucky ;) In the end I have been as well, I didn't lose much.
My Runescape Toolkit Client
Core:
Skill data handling: 100% (for now)
Skin system: 80%
Script system for user made addons: 20%
Data (will add methods to retrieve it online, but for the features I want to add, like advanced skill/profit calculations, I need to have it all at hand at anytime):
Item database: 0%
Skill database: 15%
Bestiary: 0%
Features:
Grand Exchange support: 100%
Highscores support: 100%
Calculator support: 100%
Skill support: 80%
(All the stats showed are provvisory, further updates to my client might affect progress on those fields)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users