Preparation for EoC live?

guzoliub

Come to think of it, Dragon's stats are, thanks to the sliding tier system, 75% as good as Torva and 85% as good as Barrows. That's not so bad in my books, short of the fact that it's too expensive compared to Barrows gear, and it's definitely better than what it's getting in the live game.

That price is the problem, though. Why buy a set purely for combat when even Bandos is cheaper? If you're 60 defense, you probably don't have the 41m that the GE says the set goes for.

I wanna buy an arcane. See if I can get lucky at glacors before EoC comes out? -shrugs-

Also got Virtus recently, since I figure it'll be better with EoC.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It's still a bit of a drop for dragon. I would consider Dragon to be comparable to Bandos right now, with a slight defensive edge (melee combat), but lacking the offensive power.

After EoC, it will just be worse and expensive (helmet). And don't knock the style. Killing things is always more fun if you can look awesome while doing it.

I don't suppose they ever revised bat armour (cosmetically)?

Robes of Subjugation have no real niche due to Gano above and Ahrim's/Akrisae's at the same level, correct? I only had them for looks to begin with, but even those are messed up and J seems reluctant to address graphical glitches at the moment...

2dgucz6.png

I'm doing nothing. When it comes I'll just change tactics when I need to do combat, which won't be often.

I've played beta a bit, including the tutorial. I'm still a bit upset they didn't offer at least an auto activated ability such as the three second or five second refreshed abilities. That would make the combat less spammy and encourage more tactical use of the 30 sec and threshold abilities.

Still worried about the player reports that many enemies, especially quest bosses, have not been balanced. With a full beta that everyone can play, it makes more sense to postpone a month or two and see what hundreds of thousands of players can find.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Problem is no one plays it. One plausible theory about them releasing it early is that no one is playing the beta, so they're putting into the live game so players are basically forced to play it and give feedback, or quit.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm doing nothing. When it comes I'll just change tactics when I need to do combat, which won't be often.

I've played beta a bit, including the tutorial. I'm still a bit upset they didn't offer at least an auto activated ability such as the three second or five second refreshed abilities. That would make the combat less spammy and encourage more tactical use of the 30 sec and threshold abilities.

Still worried about the player reports that many enemies, especially quest bosses, have not been balanced. With a full beta that everyone can play, it makes more sense to postpone a month or two and see what hundreds of thousands of players can find.

Go look up momentum. That is as close as you'll get.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sara god sword may possibly rise, seeing as how god sword specs may retain passive specials.

Surely the damage increase of AGS or innate defence reduction of BGS would be better?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Problem is no one plays it. One plausible theory about them releasing it early is that no one is playing the beta, so they're putting into the live game so players are basically forced to play it and give feedback, or quit.

When you consider that in other games, Betas are massively oversubscribed on a regular basis, that's probably a talking point in itself. How can Jagex account for the apathy shown towards EoC by the RuneScape community?

The betas I've played more than a couple of hours were probably because they were the only way I could access the game otherwise. I had no reason to keep playing a separate beta, especially given how frustratingly slow any progress or communication trickled out when compared to, say, Minecraft.

hzvjpwS.gif

Since I'm fairly broke and most of my gear is still fairly decent in EoC my 2 steps were

1) Get Bandos boots months ago to replace dragon boots.

2) Get Bandos Warshield as its better def than DFS

My To-do list is:

Complete Bandos (subject to how slayer helm etc. play out)

Complete Armadyl

Get Subjugation

Sort out some off-hand items for dual wield

Sort out a bow and thrown weps (probably crystal bow)

Get rapier asap so I got good stab, slash and crush covered in rapier, whip and ss

After rapier get cmaul for better crush

Then after that I'll judge on CLS or CCB before moving into off-hands.

My one-day over the rainbow in dream land list aka probably get them eventually after I no longer spend most of my income of maxing skills:

Get nex armours.

Get glacor boots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Get Dom tower gloves and glacor boots after all GWD armor. After that you should look into picking up sara murmur and whisper.

Is Ragefire boots better than subjugate boots?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

When you consider that in other games, Betas are massively oversubscribed on a regular basis, that's probably a talking point in itself. How can Jagex account for the apathy shown towards EoC by the RuneScape community?

That's probably because those games have a much lower level cap than Runescape, which takes forever compared to the likes of WoW and such, therefore they would lose out the grinding time by playing uncompensated Betas (IE RS have time to lose, others have nothing better to do).

Also, the other reasons why RS community don't like what it is seeing is:

1. It is an extremely drastic change compared to what the combat was for the past decade, and in such drastic changes, people gets split, and one of them is very anti-change (the conservative bunch). It has changed from an AFK type combat to button smashing combat, I dont think it can get anymore different.

2. People were already discontent with Jagex and/or for a while before EoC, therefore most people just use EoC just as an excuse to quit' (I know I have done with before, with MoP from WoW. I used Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon ripoff as excuse to drive myself away from it, when what really driving me away was the player community and the way Blizzard had changed). If people were more happy with Jagex than they do now, EoC probably wont be as ignored by the player base as they are now.

3. Apart from preparation, game play wise there is nothing really to be gained from playing Beta for extended periods of time, unlike games who releases beta game content, as to give them advantage to get world-first achievements. No such scenario exist for RS, giving the players no real big reason to play beta for any length of time other than get acquainted with the content.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Why are Torva/Pernix/Virtus all falling? Especially in light of JaGEx's refusal to return GWD to tier 75?

For one I thought at least Virtus would rise quite a bit being the cheapest while it'll be equal to the others anyway, like Arcane did (slightly) compared to the other Spirit Shields. I know the prices are dictated by style preference but I figured prices for all three would meet somewhere in the middle. Not to mention the fact that multicombat everywhere means Barrages will be godlier than they are now.

2dgucz6.png

[...] It has changed from an AFK type combat to button smashing combat [...]

I wish people would stop saying this :(. Just because there's the possibility to afk, doesn't mean it's AFK-type. Proper RS combat (I would almost say, non-noob/newb combat) requires managing several different things, mostly to do with health (ss flash, food stops attacking etc.), prayer (potions, prayer drain abilities, switching), stats (boost potions, in the case of overloads and/or Saradomin brews also interplay with health), positioning (looting & lossless inter-monster transfer), familiar (specials, positioning, target), and sometimes also prayer switching/weapon switching etc. In PvP, that's even more obvious, nobody could say that RS has 'AFK-type' PvP combat.

The problem with RS combat, mostly slayer and such, being somewhat monotonous is monster-side. Something in the vincinity of 90% of the monsters doesn't have a single ability, and that's counting dragonfire and poison as abilities (they can be 100% negated by a single potion).

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[...] It has changed from an AFK type combat to button smashing combat [...]

I wish people would stop saying this :(. Just because there's the possibility to afk, doesn't mean it's AFK-type. Proper RS combat (I would almost say, non-noob/newb combat) requires managing several different things, mostly to do with health (ss flash, food stops attacking etc.), prayer (potions, prayer drain abilities, switching), stats (boost potions, in the case of overloads and/or Saradomin brews also interplay with health), positioning (looting & lossless inter-monster transfer), familiar (specials, positioning, target), and sometimes also prayer switching/weapon switching etc. In PvP, that's even more obvious, nobody could say that RS has 'AFK-type' PvP combat.

The problem with RS combat, mostly slayer and such, being somewhat monotonous is monster-side. Something in the vincinity of 90% of the monsters doesn't have a single ability, and that's counting dragonfire and poison as abilities (they can be 100% negated by a single potion).

I completely agree. There are some problems on the player side, but most of the problems are largely monster-based. Overhaul monsters, not the combat system.

While there can be a lot to manage on the old combat system (like you said, potting, fooding, prayer flashing), the Clan I am in have a general consensus that they can't handle that many things at the same time due to advanced player age. On harder enemies, yes, there is plenty to do, but for the slayer targets, most of these can be reduced, or outright ignored, which is what my clan mates are used to, like, and most importantly, capable of. A lot of them will definitely have problems trying to learn even the basics of rotation on EoC.

The reason why I used the words AFK to Button smashing is probably an exaggeration, I admit, but I was trying to point out that, to some, the minimum attention threshold for the old combat styles is lower than the new combat system. (I know many, if not most of my clan members will be using momentum, or just simply not do combat from eoc onwards).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

When I went on the beta earlier today, I tried killing some blue dragons with melee (sword and shield) and did awfully. I got frustrated and realized that blue dragons were weak to range, thus resistant to melee. I went to try killing some hellhounds, which are weak to magic, thus neutral to melee. I found myself performing a lot better even though the hellhounds were about 20 levels higher than the blue dragons.

The combat triangle is a LOT more pronounced in the Evolution of Combat, and I really love it. Melee currently dominates almost everything in the game. Now that range and magic are worth using, I feel like my options have tripled! Add on top of that the newly balanced damage types (crush, arrows, fire etc.) and the new wielding styles (shield, twohand, dual wield) and you get so many more ways to play. I can't wait to actually have a good reason to train my ranged level, as well as make use of my under-appreciated 99 magic!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000