Preparation for EoC live?

guzoliub

When I went on the beta earlier today, I tried killing some blue dragons with melee (sword and shield) and did awfully. I got frustrated and realized that blue dragons were weak to range, thus resistant to melee. I went to try killing some hellhounds, which are weak to magic, thus neutral to melee. I found myself performing a lot better even though the hellhounds were about 20 levels higher than the blue dragons.

The combat triangle is a LOT more pronounced in the Evolution of Combat, and I really love it. Melee currently dominates almost everything in the game. Now that range and magic are worth using, I feel like my options have tripled! Add on top of that the newly balanced damage types (crush, arrows, fire etc.) and the new wielding styles (shield, twohand, dual wield) and you get so many more ways to play. I can't wait to actually have a good reason to train my ranged level, as well as make use of my under-appreciated 99 magic!

The latter is where I have problems with. Why can't we use our preferred style of X skill. Like if I want to range why does it have to be specifically say throwaxes to be the weakest while I want to shoot with bolts?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The latter is where I have problems with. Why can't we use our preferred style of X skill. Like if I want to range why does it have to be specifically say throwaxes to be the weakest while I want to shoot with bolts?

That's not as pronounced. You can still use bolts and they should work ok. Thrown stuff should be the most powerful though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

it's the same reason why small to medium caliber bullets arent effective on kevlar, but a knife will go right through it

as it is now easier to train any particular combat skill on a target that is weak against it, being required to pick a particular strategy is not as heinous a requirement as it was back when our choices on the matter were limited (crush weapons below chaotic maul/goliaths are pretty much a joke right now) and pointless when anything taken to the extreme worked regardless of the context

8f14270694.jpg

it's the same reason why small to medium caliber bullets arent effective on kevlar, but a knife will go right through it

as it is now easier to train any particular combat skill on a target that is weak against it, being required to pick a particular strategy is not as heinous a requirement as it was back when our choices on the matter were limited and pointless when anything taken to the extreme worked regardless of the context

Which means that particular areas of skilling will recieve more attention when training. People will now have more reason to smith those javelins and thrown axes. Mind you they might be more inclined to use bolts all the time, but all options are much more viable than they ever were.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Which means that particular areas of skilling will recieve more attention when training. People will now have more reason to smith those javelins and thrown axes. Mind you they might be more inclined to use bolts all the time, but all options are much more viable than they ever were.

Except that there are only two thrown weapons above level 50 (dragon, blisterwood), so you'd probably be better off bringing your level 70 or 80 bow/crossbow either way. :razz:

Except that there are only two thrown weapons above level 50 (dragon, blisterwood), so you'd probably be better off bringing your level 70 or 80 bow/crossbow either way. :razz:

There is one more, level 72 option: Sagaies. I've already stockpiled 5k of the, and i ight do more in the future, I really hope they make a offhand sagaie next, they are brutal.

So far I have:

Rapier for Stab

Torags Hammer or Goliaths if they keep it as a weapon

Whip + EEE for slash

Torags and Veracs

CCB for bolts

Sagaies for Thrown

Crystal bow for arrows

Karils and Royal DHide

Staff of light+ 200k of every elemental rune.

Gano+Ahrim

To get:

Off Hand:

Rapier

CLS

CSB

Sagaies if they make them

Ahrim's book

Main weapons:

CLS

Maul

Forge my Royal Xbow

Arma Bstaff

Armour

Get Kiln Cape

Get Dung shields

Get decent Gloves and Boots, stuck to infinity, snakeskin, bandos and culinaro 10

Get arma Buckler

Get a non-dg Magic shield

(bleeping) sons of (bleep).... typical jagex, i didnt jump on the band wagon for zaryte buyout x.x......

in other news, is arcane better than farseer? is it worth having over farseer kite? sniped one on day of release for 66.5, debating selling.

meamzed.png

Farseer gives slightly better defence (+100) and life (+75) when compared to the arcane, but the arcane gets the 30% damage reduction. To be honest I don't think there's much between them... for general use you'll want the farseer, but arcane might be better in some boss situations.