BTS#26 - Solo Dungeoneering

Auror

Yes, taking a path full of GDs, mages, rangers, necros and whatever else on your own as far as you can before having to gate is so much easier in a 5:5 than it is in a 1:1. The fact I earn one or two deaths, and the XP penalty, for doing so is proof of that, obviously. We have such an easy time! Coordinating the actions and locations of five people is also clearly more manageable than simply having to look after yourself and you alone all dungeon.

If that's really the rationale for increasing solo XP then... I'm speechless, I really am. Floors are quicker, they're not easier.

Looking forward to it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

He's soloing 4 meds an hour? I have trouble doing that many smalls sometimes. I are not pro. lol

Looking forward to this. Since I'm going to hit 92 Smith in the next few days and wanted to move on to something else for a while, the timing is perfect. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Max is around 6 meds/hour, easily done if you are good. Almost 7 if nothing stupid happens in your meds or you get easy floors. That is 600k-700k xp/h if he isn't exaggerating, which is around 5:5 s/l rates if you leech with 4s. Incredible.

I wish 5:5 also increased though.

He did say 'if you can't do 2 5:5's an hour, it's probably better to solo med's, if you're a good dungeoner' so I'm guessing this won't compel any hardcore dungeoners to switch to solo, but it's a nice alternative to struggling through 30+ minute larges with uncooperative teams.

Nice, nice, NICE :)

I am not even close to doing 4 meds an hour though. Perhaps the half. But then I also kill every single monster in those dungeons :P Combat xp ftw.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Hoping the take-all and equip-all options for gravestones also get turned into right-click options. I can't imagine the interface staying open if you're currently under attack, which can make looting difficult in areas with aggressive NPCs.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hoping the take-all and equip-all options for gravestones also get turned into right-click options. I can't imagine the interface staying open if you're currently under attack, which can make looting difficult in areas with aggressive NPCs.

Knowing jagex they won't be

Knowing jagex they won't be

Then this defeats the purpose of this update, doesn't it? :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So with the new gravestones, it almost seems like it will be impossible to loot it during combat.

rewatch the video, that is why there are take and re equip all buttons

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

So with the new gravestones, it almost seems like it will be impossible to loot it during combat.

But the window will close if you get attacked... so you won't be able to open and take the items if the npc attacking you has a fast attack.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

But the window will close if you get attacked... so you won't be able to open and take the items if the npc attacking you has a fast attack.

I'm hoping this isn't the case - a right-click option will sort this out.

As for DG'ing, I can see where Jagex are coming from with this update - many players just don't do well in a group. However bringing the two xp rates closer together is not really the answer, IMO.

Still no extra binds?! Bugger.

I am surprised by their stance towards essentially saying that big teams arnt that hard. However after getting level 115 solo, I dont care, I just want a more reasonable solo xp/hr. They should definitely try to keep the focus on better xp for teams which seems like a lower priority for them if this vid is anything to go by.. It was just a matter of making it more reasonable xp/hr to solo, that was all that was necessary. So I am a bit surprised by their attitude.

Now just give me more freaking xp that seems reasonable. My auto-pilot gameplay (Where I probably watching a film/forums/wtf) tends to manage 4-5 meds an hour depending on type floor/boss. Thats the only way I tend to dung nowadays. Sometimes its fun and im watching my character, other times I forget im playing and dont know how one moment im starting a new dung and the next moment im somehow fighting the boss. (Dont remember much inbetween lol)

Hopefully this update will spice it up to be enjoyable more often than not.

I don't mind increasing the solo xp, but 400k xp/hr doing 4 medium warps per hour just isn't right. That's simply way too much.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Well, if soloing does finally become a viable option I might dunge again. Assuming they don't nerf it in two weeks in response to all the counter outrage (the solo xp rates are the original).

I'd really like this to stick because I would like to get another chaotic for EoC.

• Like 2

finally! ive put off dunging basically since it came out because my scheduel does not allow for spending an hour finding a team and then spending another hour getting a large done.....

anyways cant wait to get my first chaotic now :)

and how often did they have to show the dung emote..... didnt have any other footage of dung bosses or something????

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

finally! ive put off dunging basically since it came out because my scheduel does not allow for spending an hour finding a team and then spending another hour getting a large done.....

anyways cant wait to get my first chaotic now :)

and how often did they have to show the dung emote..... didnt have any other footage of dung bosses or something????

To taunt people who hate team-dunging with the subliminal message of "now you can get 99+ without relying on others any more." Yeah kind of sounds douchy, but coming from someone who can swing both ways (not in sexual context) I am having a ball with watching the whining on both sides.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Does the day you dislike an update give me free reign to call you a whiner, short-sighted, jagex-bashing, etc? Let me know, I'll be ready with party poppers and streamers for that day. It will probably coincide on the same day that floor selling prices fall below 5mil/hr (aka QBD/kilning/etc). You in "Hex Dungers" or something like that, right?

Honestly if DG was done where everyone was clustered around the GT, moving it from room-to-room, it's a lot easier than solo'ing. People don't do that though because it results in 40min+ floors and honestly...

tumblr_mcmlpkyu6B1rn66qq.gif

I'd love to know how they got experienced enough to do an upwards of 4 med solos per hr yet haven't had the ability to reach that conclusion in regards to team floors. Maybe all they do is solo. >_>'

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Does the day you dislike an update give me free reign to call you a whiner, short-sighted, jagex-bashing, etc? Let me know, I'll be ready with party poppers and streamers for that day. It will probably coincide on the same day that floor selling prices fall below 5mil/hr (aka QBD/kilning/etc). You in "Hex Dungers" or something like that, right?

Honestly if DG was done where everyone was clustered around the GT, moving it from room-to-room, it's a lot easier than solo'ing. People don't do that though because it results in 40min+ floors and honestly...

I'd love to know how they got experienced enough to do an upwards of 4 med solos per hr yet haven't had the ability to reach that conclusion in regards to team floors. Maybe all they do is solo. >_>'

Maybe they are being forced at gunpoint to play the way their companies conceptualizes it? lmfao... Anyways yeah I'm one of the leaders now in Hex Keyers. Truthfully selling floors ain't as bad as others see it because as far as I'm concerned I try to take things from a complete business perspective. That means trying to offer good customer service while doing what I can to protect both the keyers and leeches investments. Such as we adamantly enforce a one floor per payment rule and breaking it risks losign rank and possibly deposites. A lot of other friend chats make their keyers pay immense amounts of cash. We only take a fraction after being ranked and it is returned a month later to protect keyer loyalty and prevent people coming in and out to scam.

On another note if you catch me saying I dislike an update i'll give you some fire crackers and balloons :P. I've been riding this train so long and nothing short of crazy skill endurance races like fight caves and kiln will anger me, but wont make me say its a crap update... I am also the type of person to ride the fence on everything that I don't find strongly appealing.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

One of the reasons I despised getting 120 is mostly every team I was in had a leech. DG became a greedy business after free trade. And while I support free trade, I do not support the greed that came from it. Meanwhile, random teams were trash, and most teams I was with that weren't random people were just full of angry people.

Does the day you dislike an update give me free reign to call you a whiner, short-sighted, jagex-bashing, etc? [removed superfluous writing]

[Removed spam]

1) I believe I missed something but who are you talking to?

2) DG isn't hard. I didn't get experienced through teams so much as I did soloing. It's very easy to learn how to pathfind on your own if you actually want to go faster. And I'm sure a lot of people hate the way team DG has become and just choose to solo to cut the BS.