BTS#26 - Solo Dungeoneering

Auror

Not sure how that sounds, and he said the interface is at the smuggler, so it might be possible to change what's in sets during the dungeon, but I agree balanced would only be to swap between sets.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Celestial catalytic staffs provide infinite of all elemental runes now (apparently), so no need for a mage ammo bind.

Except it's members only. What about us poor non mems? :(

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Feathers bind plz jagex

Why feathers?

Law binds for C1s. :).

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Celestial catalytic staffs provide infinite of all elemental runes now (apparently), so no need for a mage ammo bind.

I *think* you can use a normal catalytic staff for the same effect.

Not true, sadly. I just checked :(

BTW is the only reason for having a celestial surgebox for the unlimited air runes? No spells use blood runes and it doesn't hold death runes.

Looks like you can only make plain catalytic staves (spinebeam or higher) or empowered catalytic staffs (gravecreeper). What's the reasoning behind this? I recall them mentioning it in an update somewhere, but don't know where to find it.

77yLQy8.png

I *think* you can use a normal catalytic staff for the same effect.

Not true, sadly. I just checked :(

BTW is the only reason for having a celestial surgebox for the unlimited air runes? No spells use blood runes and it doesn't hold death runes.

Looks like you can only make plain catalytic staves (spinebeam or higher) or empowered catalytic staffs (gravecreeper). What's the reasoning behind this? I recall them mentioning it in an update somewhere, but don't know where to find it.

They changed the staves because they are supposed to all be unlimited runes of all 4 elements to aid with the whole needing 4 diff element spells for max effectiveness thing.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Feathers bind plz jagex

Why feathers?

Law binds for C1s. :).

Does GT still work in c1s?

Ahh, right.. I heard something about that not working anymore. Maybe cosmics then? :P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Makes you wonder if 3:3 will be the best for EoC as you won't have to run back to swap set-ups on various guardian doors. Reports on beta or the actual release will reveal this. What's great is now any size team, even a 1:1, has a reason to try out DG. No more having to settle for melee and hoping you have enough to make the right mage or range should the wrong boss pop up.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

With EOC having a much more lax combat triangle the ideal setup for binds should be covering all three; two armor and one weapon each with an ammo bind. Keep in mind from here on out I'm discussing post-EOC combat.

One thing I feel people haven't adequately addressed is the overall difference between your typical dung setup and a suicide. With that said I think the only difference between the two might be the starting loadout.

In my opinion an ideal 120 dung loadout on start would be:

Primal two hand, primal platebody, primal platelegs, hex hunter bow (with arrows), saggitair leathertop.

My reasoning would be that this loadout would cover two parts of the triangle leaving the third open for switching. I suppose maybe each loadout could be made to not play specifically to each combat role. Maybe you could have this:

Melee/range hybrid:

Primal two hand, primal platebody, primal legs, hex hunter bow, saggitair leathertop.

Melee/mage hybrid:

Primal two hand, primal platebody, primal legs, celestial robe top, celestial catalytic staff.

Range/mage hybrid:

Hex hunter bow, saggitair leathertop, saggitair chaps, celestial robe top, celestial catalytic staff.

But what would differentiate when a suicider comes along? These are all just suggestions... With so much more play with binds the argument if what has the best effectiveness is kind of moot as long as you are using the highest tier pieces. Things like blood necklace and hex hunter bow are obviously choices made to increase damage output therefor might be forced in.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why the platelegs and not another defensive bind such as the SSH?

Personally, I can't see the setups being utilised all that much unless EoC makes it absolutely essential that they have to be. Because it's only accessible via the Smuggler at HT, you either have to waste all that time doing the HT spell, or one person has to keep their gate at HT so they can MGT to the Smuggler every time someone needs to swap around. So that's one less person gating a path. If you did that everytime you met something you're not quite setup for perfectly (every GD, ramo, clear emo) you'd add goodness knows how much time to each floor. Meaning the XP gained from not dying or killing things a bit faster would have to provide more than the XP currently gained from dying a few times but doing floors considerably faster--I can't see that happening.

On the other hand, I can see them being used for certain bosses which take longer to kill. But with the combat triangle, as you say, becoming less pronounced in EoC, I think the effectiveness of even that is disputable.

That's why I suggested that purely melee, range or mage set ups might not actually be viable. But instead maybe hybrids would be a more viable option because ht every time you want to switch up is a bit of a time waste.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think swapping works at beginning if you know no one on your party has the setup to do something. For example quickly swap to mage early so that someone can mage stuff. But not as useful post EoC since triangle isn't as horrible against certain bosses.

It *is* nice to be able to bind stuff you can't equip yet and keep it in a future section...

I'm mostly annoyed that i can't bind arrows and then cosmics/laws for c1/c2...

Serena_Sedai.png

I think hybriding two styles is likely going to come out on top, perhaps with a re-shuffle at the start of floors to ensure a good spread of binds.

But Class wep/2nd class wep/Class body/2nd class body + hood/bn/something else looks like it'll be the way to go.

Its probably manageable to get away with just plate as armour perhaps.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Platinum_Myr, i think most people are agreed two ammo binds is even more needed now... lets hope Jagex hear us!

All those people are wrong, though. A second ammo bind is mostly pointless, since most staves give infinite elemental runes in the EoC.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

The second ammo bind is not for magic combat. It's for switching to cosmics or laws for floors which don't need the arrows!!! (C1/C2 etc)

Serena_Sedai.png

If I can, I will stick with my current setup of melee armour, melee weapon, and I guess SB gets replaced with a staff. I found the high level warriors had way to much def to be practical to go toe to toe with, and maging that way is faster for me. The real problem will be armour, since protect prayers can no longer cover all situations (I was set for melee and range, pray against mage). I think I am going to regret giving up my primal rapier afterall, as that, a staff, and a shield might be the way to go, so that I have access to the defensive abilities to compensate for the lack of prayer immunity.