13-Nov-2012 - Dungeoneering XP & Gravestones

muggiwhplar

New pendants on SOF. "Any-pendants" Lets you choose what skill they're designated to. Didn't see any mention of that in patchnotes or the news post.

Prism?

Yeah. It appears they have also removed the black, drained pendants and when you fully drain a pendant, it remains in its colored state (with no XP boost of course). I suppose that's nice.

Nevermind, I suck.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

New pendants on SOF. "Any-pendants" Lets you choose what skill they're designated to. Didn't see any mention of that in patchnotes or the news post.

Prism?

Yeah. It appears they have also removed the black, drained pendants and when you fully drain a pendant, it remains in its colored state (with no XP boost of course). I suppose that's nice.

Nevermind, I suck.

No you don't.

Anyways for next week i would probably recommend to have both 2h for clash and maul for crush on melee rotate binds.

How do you figure? 4 mediums would only be 80k xp/hr at that rate >_>

I derped, I just saw the time you got and that you said 120k/hr, assumed you did 60k in the 30 min floor. Picture was off on my phone. So I just multiplied 120*2

2s0cxth.png

I think the ideal pool would be this:

1. Primal two-hand sword

2. Primal platebody

3. Primal platelegs

4. Hex hunter bow

5. Saggitair leatherbody

6. Saggitair leatherskirt

7. Celestial catalytic staff (T11)

8. Celestial robe top

9. Celestial robe bottom

10. Saggitairian arrows

I think the ideal starting loadout would be primal two-hand sword, primal platebody, hex hunter bow, saggitair body, saggitairian arrows.

You forget hood and blood necklace. Leg armour is relatively minor. In the current combat system, you're looking at bn/hex+arrows/primal plate+2h with a choice of gauntlets or hood for primary set, with Sagittarian only for hexes in case of Necro, and ccs/efs with robes only for csbs in case of Hope etc.

It's stupid you can't bind more than one ammo bind. Personally I don't like the ability to switch within a dungeon as well, it makes it far too easy to switch to tank gear for example, or to go all-out Sagittarian when you find Necro.

Thing with ammo binds is post-eoc its not an issue.

After all post-eoc staves = unlimited of all 4 elemental runes

Surge spells = 5 air (+ 5 of element of spell for non-air)

So staff bind = mage covered

I'm guessing ideal setups for each 5 piece set would work out to:

bn/hood

Best body armour for class

Class weapon

Secondary off-class weapon perhaps

Then 5th I dunno really.

Though I suppose going into post-eoc times the 5th bind might be best served as a further weapon.

Like melee u culd have 2h for slash and maul for crush.

But then mage and range setups u could just have the 3 weapons as bow, stave + a melee wep.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You also didn't do your highest floor which would have given a larger base xp.

Also didn't he do warped floors which means higher prestige and such.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The problem with solo mediums is unless you are a good dger you won't complete it fast enough to out weigh doing smalls. Try doing a small and see what you get. When I get out from class I'll try some smalls.

If you look you only get 7% bonus for doing a medium. Your taking over double the time it should for a standard small. Almost 3 times as long. That 7% isn't worth it.

When I was doing my math for floors if I could do 8 min smalls I'd need to be able to do 10-12 min mediums to make it barely worth it, and it only becomes worth it if you don't like rushes. Because bigger floors= less resets.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

New graves:

- ARE interrupted by combat

- Have no right-click equip all to compensate

So yeah, don't die in hazarduous situations. Tested by yours truly.

Damnit Jagex, I really tried giving you the benefit of a doubt here.

• Like 4

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Anyone confirmed whether gravestone stuff works on properly at aggressive monsters? Does the interface window stay open while you are attacked?

Edit: Nathed!

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I still don't like how there's only one ammo bind. That seems to strongly discourage using mage and range in the same loadout.

• Like 6

I still don't like how there's only one ammo bind. That seems to strongly discourage using mage and range in the same loadout.

Post Eoc Staff=all the runes you need to cast cmb magic so 1 ammo bind isn't really an issue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did this update make rings easier to switch? I feel like I'm not having as much "you need to be out of combat" trouble as before, regardless of the redbar trick.

Post Eoc Staff=all the runes you need to cast cmb magic so 1 ammo bind isn't really an issue.

Until wands are implemented, which will likely have better DPS but lack that elemental perk.

If we're looking at the future here, then this update did not take the future expansion of dg content into consideration well enough.

hzvjpwS.gif

Did this update make rings easier to switch? I feel like I'm not having as much "you need to be out of combat" trouble as before, regardless of the redbar trick.

13:36:01… Sebaz: you can now ring switch in combat

13:36:02… Sebaz: lol

13:36:09… +blauwebeer: yup

I haven't been really up to date on EoC, are you saying that you won't require the surgebox for maging?

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

New graves:

...There are no words. They specifically talked about the new interface in dangerous situations, how on earth could that not come up in beta testing? I'm just glad I almost never do combat anymore.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Actually, pretty sure it only works for Celestial Staff. Celestial Staff holds all runes. Staffs have unlimited runes of that type, so surgebox + staff = unlimited runes. Also, dunno what blastbox does.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I haven't been really up to date on EoC, are you saying that you won't require the surgebox for maging?

[hide=Nvm]Air surge is only 5 air runes if I remember correctly so in order to mage using air spells you can use:

- an air staff

- an empowered air staff

- a celestial surgebox (unlimited air runes)

- a celestial catalytic staff (unlimited elemental runes)[/hide]

E: I'm stupid, nevermind.

hzvjpwS.gif

New graves:

...There are no words. They specifically talked about the new interface in dangerous situations, how on earth could that not come up in beta testing? I'm just glad I almost never do combat anymore.

Some Jmod said on the forums that it should stay open unless you have auto-retaliate enabled.

I really want to see the 4:4 large rates these days. Any chance that will make more sense than doing 5:5?

I also did a floor to see how the rates play out. This was just for fun and I stopped to fish and do other things.

dgsolo.png

160k/hr doing abds is pretty nice if you ask me. I don't get the complaining there.

• Like 1
4e0Vn.png