Behind the Scenes: Special Edition

Leik

Hell, even with one-hundred subs, you could pay for 3 months of membership per month by posting biweekly videos with overlayed ads.

Want to share this secret? Someone with 100 subs would get around 70-500ish views per video. Biweekly videos won't get you 3 months of membership with 100 subs.

What? Jagex payed money for people to feature EoC? Why do you think that, for what i know, they are just getting ready for the innevitable change. I know I have, and anyone expecting to still do combat should.

He's referring to the EoC trailer competition. Jagex offered nice prizes, but not direct cash. The cash he's referring to comes from youtube ad revenue, which is permitted by Jagex if you contact ... euuh I forget which department.

hzvjpwS.gif

6/10

Which update is on June 10th?

As a mid-level player, I'm looking forward to a lot of these updates, and also looking forward to someday being a high-level player so I can take part in the rest of them.

It's pretty clear that they put out this BTS to keep high-level players post-EOC, but I don't care. It's nice to know what's coming in the mid-future. Also, it's not like they're making this content in fear of losing people post-EOC, only telling us about it. They said that they were taking their SOF and SGS money and puting it into new content, and it's nice to be able to put a face to the promise.

TzHaar Quest: The Brink of Extinction (very high level)

Most challenging combat ever? Sounds interesting.

Player-Owned Ports (very high level)

OMG eastern lands, and pirates. Want.

Christmas 2012: Stray Dog (all)

Yay we finally get to save them doggies. >.>

God Statues (all)

Sounds fun

Early 2013

Grandmaster Level Quest (very high level)

We'll see...

Kalphite King (very high level)

Blah

Wilderness Warbands (high level)

Just more opportunities for pkers to annoy people. No love.

Ranger/ Slayer Dungeon (high level plus)

Already maxed these skills, don't care...

RuneScape: Next Gen (all)

Meh...

New Skills (all)

We'll see.

Epic Story Conclusions (various)

ELVES DANGIT ELVES

Construction Rework (all)

More money sink? I have 99 cons, didn't bother with making a fancy house, waste of money. If forts are the same not bothering.

World Events (all)

Vague

Level Up my Stuff (all)

Sounds like solomon nightmare waiting to happen.

Bosses Galore and Grouping Systems (all)

?

Nice ideas but I expect disappointment. Also, ELVES

2480+ total

Unfortunately to me EoC ruined my year and probably my future years of gameplay experience... so I am not very interested in any of the upcoming combat updates as I would have been before. So now that is left to me is the quests and hopefully the good skills and not some "minigame skills" like dungeoniiring. Hopefully easy to train skills that doesn't take ages or cash and really useful skills. + ofc the x-mas event and it's nice to see that it is the stray dog the only thing that cheers me up of all these updates :)

Ps. I miss the old times...

• Like 2

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

I was excited reading the "all" in parentheses, thinking it was referring to f2p as well...then when I got to the Construction part I realized it just meant what level you were and I kicked myself.

• Like 4

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I was excited reading the "all" in parentheses, thinking it was referring to f2p as well...then when I got to the Construction part I realized it just meant what level you were and I kicked myself.

It's also noteworthy that many of these things aren't production ready, may not become production ready, or may be launched in the next 6 weeks which will require many patches for the next 18.

I also looked at the list, and was concerned that I may have burned my RS password in haste. Since I didn't see the word "Elven" in their implicit list of quests that they were going to wrap up, I feel vindicated in my decision thus far.

I'll admit though; it's a healthy list of updates. If the next platform of RS takes it away from Java, as was proposed, things would become really interesting, especially for the security of the platform. Now, Java isn't any Fort Knox, but WebGL and WebSockets is largely unproven for primetime.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I am not excited about the tz-haar quest. It's not secret I don't enjoy quest fights, and I just really don't want to go through anything like the last one again for a while. Also, assuming very high to be the scale set by PoP, then I wont have the levels anyway (assuming very high to be 90+, though I figure its more like 85+).

The construction overhaul on the other hand sounds fantastic. I love construction.

I am also a bit more interested in ports now. On the one hand, I am picturing this as a cross between construction and MTK, but on the other this is apparently massive, which now has me imagining playing the Guild II in RuneScape (which would be interesting).

about ports... I am picturing this as a cross between construction and MTK, but on the other this is apparently massive...

I had the same vibe. I think it will be an instance game area like your PoH, only there is a port model and water area there.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I hope for Player Owned Ports they're not going a straight 90+ on all skills. I've always advocated a high level metric where you look at active players with accounts that have active memberships for 6 months or more, and gather what the 70th percentile player has in a skill, and call that skill level the high level mark. The 90th percentile can be the extreme level mark. After all, a level 90 in herblore is not the same as a 90 in fletching and cooking.

Anyway, glad to see this super list of behind the scenes. Hopefully, it doesn't create the conspiracy theory that came about when Jagex released a list like that 8 years ago. Don't be surprised that some ideas get altered or even cancelled. Odds are they won't, but anyone that remembers Wilderness Tag can appreciate being cautious.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I am under the impression that 91 is the starting threshold for using the content, not the level needed to fully exploit it (I've seen both understandings knocking around). My guess would be that it gains benefits at least right up to say 97, if not right to 99.