Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes: Special Edition

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Pinata
I just hope level your weapon isn't too drastic. 13mxp per weapon would be...

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Hopefully it doesn't take over 5-10 hours to max out a weapon, considering they're always adding new and better gear which will also need to be "trained."

I'd rather upgrade a weapon via crafting/smithing/fletching than using it for X hours in combat.

77yLQy8.png

Ulysses
[ Display Name History ]

Ulysses

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • RSN:Candelae
hmm...high level contents, grandmaster quests, new skills, next-gen gameplay... After all the mostly disappointing updates lately, these better be good...

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
i predict it'll be somewhere in between good and bad, and if it isn't, they'll quickly rectify that issue in either direction by any means necessary

and if they don't do it immediately they will do it several years later after which by that time it will be a pointless gesture

8f14270694.jpg

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

And oh, for suggestion for storylines, Jagex (as I posted on the official forums as well): Elves! Prifddinas!

YES. Please. Prifddinas is quickly becoming as elusive as duke nukem forever. Though let's hope it doesn't turn out like duke nukem forever. :-x

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Priffdinas is slated for 2014 :(

Also from the look of it we're only going to get one of those storylines concluded, might have to vote on which we'd prefer.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I think I am fairly pleased with the conclusion of the tzhaar storyline. I am hoping it brings another story line in or splices into another. I got some ideas where jagex could go with this one...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I'm wondering how level my-x will pan out.
If you still need to kinda swap gear for the next tier at various points it will seem kinda pointless until the top end one.
If it levels with you all the way from level 1 to level 99 and matchs things of similar tier it risks making every other weapon/armour/tool entirely redundant especially as they talk of allowing us to put special abilities/effects into these as they level.

I think the most logical balance would be incorporating the systems eg your bronze scimitar gathers special effects etc but reaches a limit and using the same smith req as making an iron scimitar you re-forge it into and iron and so on and so forth though in the upper tiers like dragon and chaotic they'd have to be something a bit more to it.
So kinda like you could just buy a chaotic and be awesome with it OR you could train a weapon to its limits all the way through from bronze to chaotic and thus have the awesome chaotic with a bunch of effects/extras that u just can't get from starting 'cold' as it were at chaotic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sumpta
[ Display Name History ]

Sumpta

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • RSN:Sunta
All of this sounds... awesome. I'm confused.

Two new skills! Man, they just never give me the chance to be maxed.

ms106
[ Display Name History ]

ms106

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
I'm pretty excited for the next year. But yes, continue the Elves storyline!!!
Posted Image[

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
Elves isn't an option, they've stated multiple times that it's a massive project and won't be done in 2013.

Out of the options given, I think I'd have to go with the Vampyre storyline. When Darkmeyer was released they said that the next quest wouldn't be the last so we would hopefully see at least two quests out of it.

I hope they run a guaranteed content poll for it to be honest, I just hope they don't go with the Penguin storyline, I never really got the appeal of it.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
I think Jagex has many different avenues to go down with leveling up items.

As it stands a good amount of the skills, as you level them, increase your proficiency to complete tasks. Good examples of this are hunter, mining, woodcutting and farming. With that said jagex could go an easy route of sticking with basic item style proficiencies much like WoW. Yeah, sure queue the stereotypical semi-WoW sentiments, but proficiency as a skill to level is an actual great idea to diversify training as actually diversify methods of gaining xp.

Jagex could actually go the route of picking the higher proficiency/level in favor of leveling up your hatchet, pickaxe, secateurs, trap-setting, etc. Imagine what we are seeing in dungeoneering with the class rings. We could potentially see something like this attached to our items. Where item proficiency is made into numbers. So far what I've mulled over was something fairly simple.

What about some of the harder things such as weapons? We have so many types, and each one could be assigned something similar to the ring of kinsmanship. Now in my opinion, and most probably don't care for it, this could actually be that little extra niche for those who feel slightly dedicated to one weapon type or another. What about creating buff or abilities that are dependent on item proficiency. Suppose you're using a spear class weapon, which is a two handed item. You could activate a 5 minute buffing ability that gives you a 10% chance to parry an attack and a 5% chance to deal retaliation damage similar to vengeance.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
As someone who doesn't, and never will play WoW, can you explain how weapon proficiencies work in it?

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

Construction Rework (all)

Our plans for user-generated content are just beginning to culminate in a sequence of mind-blowing updates to the Construction skill. Build and hold forts with your friends as you defend the realm! Bring your finely built, graphically updated houses to the main game world! Design dungeons and invite hardy dungeoneers to crack them!

This, this, a thousand times this! But it sounds like its just a graphic rework and changes to the dungeons rather then lots of new content?

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

I think I am fairly pleased with the conclusion of the tzhaar storyline. I am hoping it brings another story line in or splices into another. I got some ideas where jagex could go with this one...

Ya weren't there two other races that the elder gods made to build the world? The tzhaar were made to build the land and another for the water and i'd guess one last one for the sky.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

As someone who doesn't, and never will play WoW, can you explain how weapon proficiencies work in it?

Its been a while for me, but its generally how accurate you hit with the weapon. Honestly I could see Jagex using their basic concepts, but in the end it would be its own entity with its own unique form and fuction.

I mean I could go on... Small net, big net, harpoon, cage, barehanded fishing skilling efficiencies.

In order for jagex to do this kind of concept some justice I feel they might need to look into more than just a novelty. I mean something bigger than just naming an item "Urza285's dragon pickaxe." I really do feel they could get people to train more diversely. Imagine being required to have say 80 fishing for a new product. A cage proficiency of 7 or lower would make fishing this new product not worth obtaining to most. Sure at 40 fishing you could do lobsters, but didn't want to in favor of catching bass. Because of this now you can't fish this new product because, in essence, you don't know how to handle using a cage well. I suppose item proficiency could kind of be like a balancing act between how much "knowledge" you have in fishing and how efficient you are with a certain tool. So, to create a solid concept for the idea, jagex could make fishing unlock new items like usual and increase rates of production. Also, as a bonus, having a proficiency in an item's use could even further this.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Ya weren't there two other races that the elder gods made to build the world? The tzhaar were made to build the land and another for the water and i'd guess one last one for the sky.

I don't think so. Oddly though my conceptualization of runescape and the elder gods seems to be a twist between WoW's use of primal elements and the typical creationist lore of builder gods such as in Tolkiens work. I would fancy to think that the tzhaar, much like the dwarves from tolkiens lotr, which were created by a primal entity, to help form the mountains. This is proven true from our latest quest with the tzhaar. Since we cannot see into the whole of the tzhaar city and are a part of outside world maybe we are dealing with a conflict between the elder gods worldforming creations. Maybe the working forces, created by the elder gods, of the waterways are trying to plow though the core of the volcano heating the tzhaar city. Maybe these being s are a bit heady and aggressive like the flowing, gushing watery counterparts. With that said maybe later we'll see the expansion of lore and meaning behind the lrc. Maybe they too have a city and are one of the lesser world forming entities which, possibly, were created by a different elder god.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

Why they posting this anyway? The world ends in 34 days :roll:

I bet you $500 it won't.

So on the 22nd when we're all dead how do I collect my money...?

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Its been a while for me, but its generally how accurate you hit with the weapon. Honestly I could see Jagex using their basic concepts, but in the end it would be its own entity with its own unique form and fuction.

I mean I could go on... Small net, big net, harpoon, cage, barehanded fishing skilling efficiencies.

In order for jagex to do this kind of concept some justice I feel they might need to look into more than just a novelty. I mean something bigger than just naming an item "Urza285's dragon pickaxe." I really do feel they could get people to train more diversely. Imagine being required to have say 80 fishing for a new product. A cage proficiency of 7 or lower would make fishing this new product not worth obtaining to most. Sure at 40 fishing you could do lobsters, but didn't want to in favor of catching bass. Because of this now you can't fish this new product because, in essence, you don't know how to handle using a cage well. I suppose item proficiency could kind of be like a balancing act between how much "knowledge" you have in fishing and how efficient you are with a certain tool. So, to create a solid concept for the idea, jagex could make fishing unlock new items like usual and increase rates of production. Also, as a bonus, having a proficiency in an item's use could even further this.

I'd just like to point out that blizzard removed that system because it was shitty.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Their game... Their say. It all depends on how you conceptualize and integrate it, really. It would give a bit more depth to skilling.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users