Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes: Special Edition

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

So on the 22nd when we're all dead how do I collect my money...?

You get to be all smug and say "I told you so" in whatever afterlife you two might find yourselves in.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Their game... Their say. It all depends on how you conceptualize and integrate it, really. It would give a bit more depth to skilling.

I don't know ... I wouldn't like to be forced to go back and repeat low levelled tasks just for the sake of being able to access something at a much higher level. It's like telling players to go fish sardines/herring for 20 hours to get "fishing rod mastery" before they can catch rocktail. And that would just plain suck.
  • Cow likes this

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
Just totally did a major wrong post here. My internet is screwing with me. It seems like RuneShark will be doing a livestream over the special BTS later today for anyone who cares.

I am hoping they release more information about PoP soon.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Kwojiba
[ Display Name History ]

Kwojiba

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Kwojiba
I can't wait for these updates, especially the new skills and player owned ports :)

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

Player-Owned Ports (very high level)

OMG eastern lands, and pirates. Want.

I was surprised they put a mention of eastern lands in the BTS...unless they suddenly changed their minds (which I very much doubt), we won't be seeing any bit of the eastern continent, it's just the lore explanation where the sailors in your POP get their materials from...

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I was surprised they put a mention of eastern lands in the BTS...unless they suddenly changed their minds (which I very much doubt), we won't be seeing any bit of the eastern continent, it's just the lore explanation where the sailors in your POP get their materials from...

...Right, so why would that not warrant mentioning?

hzvjpwS.gif

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I guess he means in terms of mentioning the Eastern Lands at all, players are going to inevitably read too much into it and expect an actual new landmass.

I'd bet my life savings on there being at least one thread on the RSOF complaining that Jagex lied to them about the Eastern Lands when the real problem is they don't know how to read.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

I guess he means in terms of mentioning the Eastern Lands at all, players are going to inevitably read too much into it and expect an actual new landmass.

I'd bet my life savings on there being at least one thread on the RSOF complaining that Jagex lied to them about the Eastern Lands when the real problem is they don't know how to read.

I'm really not sure what you're on about. The Eastern Lands most certainly originally were supposed to be a new landmass. Seeing as how this is the first mention of them in quite a while, it sounds like they've been relegated to be conveniently "tied off" as the backstory for ports, in which case anyone who remembers the original announcement does have cause to be disappointed.

2dgucz6.png

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I'm really not sure what you're on about. The Eastern Lands most certainly originally were supposed to be a new landmass. Seeing as how this is the first mention of them in quite a while, it sounds like they've been relegated to be conveniently "tied off" as the backstory for ports, in which case anyone who remembers the original announcement does have cause to be disappointed.

I guess I'm the only one who watched the live streams then.

They stated in one of them that the actual Eastern Lands are still a project that they want to do in the future but they want to finish fleshing out the main game first.

PoP's making reference to the eastern lands is supposed to be a form of solid backstory as a means to introduce the fact that they do exist and we will visit them eventually.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
The fact they have mentioned eastern lands in the PoP's lore is the first real step to eastern lands becoming a place our characters can eventually visit.
Up until now the only mention to my knowledge of eastern lands was a ghostly sailor or some similar NPC in Port Phas. Jagex linking such a massive project like Player owned ports and the fabled eastern lands, including us bringing back weapons and armour as loot from the eastern lands, is very clear evidence that eventually the eastern landmass will be on our world map to explore.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters
Sorry... I didn't watch the livestreams, but just from the newspost and what you said I assumed the worst - that this was a way to write them off, so to speak, to get them off JaGEx's "to-do" list while still making them (the Eastern Lands) seem significant (which is not to say that POP won't be significant, but that an entire newly-themed landmass would be far moreso). It's hard not to be pessimistic with all of the unfulfilled (I'm reluctant to say failed) promises of future content I've heard about over the various years.

2dgucz6.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Considering that the eastern lands will make an appearance in the games actual in game lore its got a fairly good shot at coming into the game. The wort case is that the players make gross assumptions on what the eastern lands are like. This will most likely be based on general information received from ports that isn't thoroughly explained or delved into.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,005 posts
The Eastern Lands are going to be called Pandaria.

77yLQy8.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The Eastern Lands are going to be called Pandaria.

Take note, doomsayers. This is how you cause a mass exodus.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
The only contacts for the eastern lands so far are the guy on the docks (who isn't a ghost), the guy who runs the loyalty shop, and the assassin who thinks swords make great bows.

you could also try talking to your eastern land hairstyles

8f14270694.jpg

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Quite a bit of Eastern Land material is already in-game, actually. Just that most of it is accessed through that kind of content.

Promotional Items : Ornate Katana, Golden Katana
Loyalty Store : Eastern costumes
SOF : Auspicious Katana
SGS : Quick-fire Crossbow, Animal outfits, probably some of the other weapon reskins

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,005 posts

Quite a bit of Eastern Land material is already in-game, actually. Just that most of it is accessed through that kind of content.

Promotional Items : Ornate Katana, Golden Katana
Loyalty Store : Eastern costumes
SOF : Auspicious Katana
SGS : Quick-fire Crossbow, Animal outfits, probably some of the other weapon reskins

Don't forget Ak-Haranu (or whatever his name is)-- the bolt rack salesman on the Port Phasmatys docks. He was the first reference to the upcoming eastern lands back in the day.

77yLQy8.png

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
Back in 2006 when barrows came out, 6 years later we finally get wind of possible eastern lands.

Popoto.~<3

Lord Slayas
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Slayas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Lord Slayas
  • RSN2:Satan is Sin
  • Clan:Monks Of Shadow

I wish they had been clearer on which of these will available to everyone and which will be members only (although, some are pretty obvious). Will non-mems be able to level up gear? Have access to either of the new skills? Do the God Statues D&D? "All" doesn't tell us much. And they had been so careful about being clear on this kind of thing ever since the Veteran's Cape debacle.

I also wish they'd been a lot more specific.... but the general rule of thumb seems to be, if you have to ask, then it's members only. It is entirely possible that they aren't even sure yet what content will be F2P, and what will not (with the exception of the obvious).

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

MRTF
[ Display Name History ]

MRTF

Unicorn Horn

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 212 posts
  • RSN:hokuspokus
  • Clan:BBinRS
I realized some issues maybe even big issues on these new updates that are coming. Some of the updates are BIG updates like the 2 skills. The thing what i fear is that the game is gona dramatically get increased lagness.

Since the EoC came, my RS playing experience has gone very unpleasant, it got very laggy :wall: ... almost every 10 minutes it freezes and wont try to reconnect to the server, instead I have to go to disconnect or reload the page :( Which is very annoying If I'm in a dangerous zone like wilderness.

So what I fear mostly now is that the skills will definitely wring lot weight to the game running system and it will make my playing even more painful.. And yes I know that I maybe should update my connection to more "modern" one but in the end will it help? Just more massive updates like the EoC and skills will come and in the end I lose so after all I'm not that much interested in the skills.. unless JaGex deletes some things to make the system run more gracefully or finds other ways to run the system for people like me who doesn't have the most modern internet modems. Still I know these aren't 100% sure updates but still I'm being very careful on these lagines issues... :ph34r:

-Hokuspokus-

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users