20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Jagex? Fix Non game breaking issues within a month?

Heresy.

On a serious note, akrisae is (bleeping) op, I may have.... died.... twice... to him in void.

needless to say, i skip him now

also, revs are so easy now, they are not weak to anything, but Melee is the best imo

meamzed.png

I was more meaning does anyone know if dual-wielding is working correctly, or if it is an actual issue? Seems stupid to me to spend this much effort to balance the weapons in the game across their tiers and then make one of the news systems highly anticipated features fairly redundant for anything other than use with Momentum.

Does the slayer helm still give it's 7/6 boost?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Jagex? Fix Non game breaking issues within a month?

Heresy.

On a serious note, akrisae is (bleeping) op, I may have.... died.... twice... to him in void.

needless to say, i skip him now

also, revs are so easy now, they are not weak to anything, but Melee is the best imo

Was like that in the Beta aswell. Akrisae harder than nex!

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Assuming if you actually let him hit you. All 3 classes have bind abilities that I have seldom seen other people utilising.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Magic and Melee binds only do so for 3 seconds.

At least the magic version also bind for 20 seconds, you can try it yourself. They only stun for 3 seconds yes, but they also bind (I was surprised myself too). I have not tried the Melee if it binds because frankly, I seldom require it

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

The binds option against Akrisae is idd. overlooked too often, and it is one of those abilities that ought be used as a starting point (course you may disagree due to the minimal damage taken in EoC) in many situations. I often use it maging in dg. If you use against Akrisae, I've obtained the best result by opening with Binding shot instead of Impact. I use Impact as a starting ability against every melee brother, it allows me to use the correct mage style, minimizing the time required to kill them (unconfirmed, by my feeling tells me Ice Barrage is a tad worse than elemental spells, haven't tried polypore yet).

PS: binding abilities don't seem to have any effects against DG bosses, Dreadnaut keeps walking.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

So, want to get Ahrims wand. Doing barrows. Know what I noticed in beta? Akrisae is OP as [bleep] because of his protection prayers. Know what i noticed like a month later in the real game? Akrisae is OP as [bleep] because of his protection prayers.

Oh and fyi I did report that to Jagex during the barrows beta. I can complain about it because there's no way they didn't know about it.

did you try using ranged Bind ability on him? Ranging/Maging him would benefit from the bind greatly, as he only attacks at melee range

Yes but that's the problem. I need to hybrid to kill him, in a system that heavily discourages hybriding. Frankly, I ignore him, because he's a pain, I only need to kill 6 barrow brothers and I only really want Ahrims stuff anyways. And as other people have said, he also hits WAY harder then the other brothers. Could I kill him if I tried? Yes. Will I try? Probably not.

And I can [bleep] up every other barrow brother with magic easily enough. Should I switch from magic to melee for karil? Yes. Will I? Probably not.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

So, want to get Ahrims wand. Doing barrows. Know what I noticed in beta? Akrisae is OP as [bleep] because of his protection prayers. Know what i noticed like a month later in the real game? Akrisae is OP as [bleep] because of his protection prayers.

Oh and fyi I did report that to Jagex during the barrows beta. I can complain about it because there's no way they didn't know about it.

did you try using ranged Bind ability on him? Ranging/Maging him would benefit from the bind greatly, as he only attacks at melee range

Yes but that's the problem. I need to hybrid to kill him, in a system that heavily discourages hybriding. Frankly, I ignore him, because he's a pain, I only need to kill 6 barrow brothers and I only really want Ahrims stuff anyways. And as other people have said, he also hits WAY harder then the other brothers. Could I kill him if I tried? Yes. Will I try? Probably not.

And I can [bleep] up every other barrow brother with magic easily enough. Should I switch from magic to melee for karil? Yes. Will I? Probably not.

Click > shift > # will switch your weapon and action bar which is really all you need to kill him. I don't have many problems with him other than him hitting like a train.

For killing 6 brothers, sure, For killing just Ahrim and Karil though, Switching is almost compulsary, otherwise it slows you down proportionally far too much.

I also switch to Melee anyway against karil, thanks to mage armor's lack of ranged def. And since I switched armor, I thought I may as well switch weapons. I have not yet tried killing Karil with magic, but with ZS he usually dies once I fire my Threshold from empty bar. I doubt I'd be able to kill him anywhere near that fast with magic, with or without melee armor

tim_chenw2.png

Switching to melee for Karil is exactly what I'm talking about. I do barrows in void, and from just switching the weapons and helmets I can kill all 7 brothers with relative ease.

That attack speed is, I think, its melee attack speed, not casting speed. My casting speed tests with the Ankh shows the same result as Virtus:

You cast like a .50 caliber Browning

But I THINK the stats on the ankh was unintentionally set far too high, especially if you compare it to the weapons we got after Diamonds in the Rough quest, they all have accuracy around 100

tim_chenw2.png

I thought it was 80 Agility? (I am pretty sure it's from the cliff up behind Monkey's Desert Colony)

tim_chenw2.png

Sunfreet is also alot easier now. Just a pretty long fight. I beat her using a crystal bow and an invy full of sharks. although i couldnt hit above 500 even using abilities and crits.

Similarly, pretty much all of the Recipe for Disaster bosses are (still) broken. Agrith Na-Na pretty much always does close to 2000 damage per attack, total (In the form of both a magic and ranged attack that will do ~988 each when they hit), the cake one I can't remember the name of has a max hit in the mid-2000s (if not higher), and so on.

Void Magic gives a 10% damage boost. Overcharge gives a +15% boost, Augury +20% and Torment +25%.

Prayers for Melee and Ranged are still a mystery to me. So are potions.

And they need to fix spell damage with auto-attacks. And spell damage with abilities.