Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
646 replies to this topic

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
Anyone else getting longer loading lag waits? mine are very bad, as of today... 30s-1mins of waiting
Posted Image

old_timer
[ Display Name History ]

old_timer

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Thalamus
  • RSN2:Amygdala
What is this garbage? Why can't I use equipment now that I could use before? It says I need 55 att to use my gravite gear now. Wtf am I supposed to do with my maxed gravite pure now?

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd

What is this garbage? Why can't I use equipment now that I could use before? It says I need 55 att to use my gravite gear now. Wtf am I supposed to do with my maxed gravite pure now?

If you are maxed (99 strength) getting those attack levels won't effect your combat level.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
of course

it still means that you have almost no defensive value whatsoever which will pretty much doom you the moment somebody stuns you

8f14270694.jpg

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
Right. Just tried dks trio.... what I can tell you
Rex:weak to fire spells
supreme:weak to stab
prime:weak to arrows

dks are WAY harder now, far worse than gwd.... The agro range is (bleeped) up, as you can now be attacked anywhere in the arena by any of them, and they do not focus on anyone, so you cant lure rex off other people. The mechanics of dks, each using one diffferent style makes tribriding very hard, as you will be weak to whatever you arn't attacking

They have TONS of hp, and take at least 1 min to kill trio with optimum styles... all 3 can hit into the thousands, making double tanking very rape.

Most dangerous combo=killing supreme, as youll be tanking prime and most likely rex doing it.

the ONLY way you might last well here is using the pushing mechanics for each person to solo one of them...
poison hits very very low, about 20 damage/hit
Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

dks are WAY harder now, far worse than gwd.... The agro range is (bleeped) up, as you can now be attacked anywhere in the arena by any of them, and they do not focus on anyone, so you cant lure rex off other people.

I stopped reading your semi-rant at this point because this assumption is wrong.

There is a constitution ability specifically designed to draw monster attention to its user to allow a specific player in a monster hunting team to act as the tank.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

There is a constitution ability specifically designed to draw monster attention to its user to allow a specific player in a monster hunting team to act as the tank.

Except that's not at all what he's talking about. He even had an answer to your point in there- they hit hard enough that the tank wouldn't stand a chance. It's not even an assumption, that's actual testing right there.

Please read the entire post before trying to prove it wrong. It's for the best :razz:

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
Glacors are really fun, its actually better to kill the Sappnig Glacyte last now, since you don't really prayer there.

They have, however, nerfed their drop rates to hell and beyond. I levelled from 89 to 94 and only got 35 shards and no boots whatsoever, It was somewhere in betwee 300 and 500 Glacors and nothing to show for it but enough drops to offset (and profit a bit i guess) the cost of runes. I hope i can get 100 shards before 99.

And get a Master Wand, they are soo good. Non degradeable, as accurate as Ahrims practicly and that 2% crit bonus is such a difference its ridiculous.

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
Is damage on combat dummies capped? Because I couldn't do any more than 4510 damage to them with dh. That one threshold ability would do 4510-4510-4510 but both ultimate abilities would do a single 4510 splat. If so that's a little disappointing; I thought they would be useful for maxing.

Speaking of dh, I spent about an hour this morning demolishing abyssal demons. I one hit them about 60% of the time with the initial autoattack. The remaining 40% either got a normal ability to the face, or got demolished along with passers by with whirlwind or quake.

Dh may be a little broken at the moment :lol:

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy

Glacors are really fun, its actually better to kill the Sappnig Glacyte last now, since you don't really prayer there.

They have, however, nerfed their drop rates to hell and beyond. I levelled from 89 to 94 and only got 35 shards and no boots whatsoever, It was somewhere in betwee 300 and 500 Glacors and nothing to show for it but enough drops to offset (and profit a bit i guess) the cost of runes. I hope i can get 100 shards before 99.

And get a Master Wand, they are soo good. Non degradeable, as accurate as Ahrims practicly and that 2% crit bonus is such a difference its ridiculous.

That's quite a normal amount of drops to be honest, boots drop rate is ~330 so you just got a bit unlucky :(

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

That's quite a normal amount of drops to be honest, boots drop rate is ~330 so you just got a bit unlucky :(

If they have nerfed the drop rates I don't like my chances. I have 1.5k recorded kills and 0 boot drops.

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT

You, sir, are a noob of the utmost degree. My evidence is as follows:

2% crit bonus equates to ~1% DPS increase. While that is a difference, it isn't "ridiculous". I assume you're only blowing that out of proportion, as you tend to do, seeing as you think killing 300-500 Glacors without a boots drop is "nerfed to hell and beyond".

When you claim it's best to kill the sapping last, because you "don't really use prayer there" it furthers my suspicion that you are a noob as only a noob could ignore the massive DPS boost prayer gives them, while, in the same post lauding a 1% boost as "ridiculous".

Studies show Ahrim's wand does not degrade. Perhaps I sense a bit of buyers remorse over a foolish purchase of an overpriced wand? A likely motive for such a destructively noobish post.

Furthermore, YOU SPELLED "PRACTICALLY" WRONG.

The prosecution rests.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,008 posts

You levelled so much in so few kills because you get way more magic xp/hr there now. And like Cheefoo said, 300-500 glacor kills is barely anything. I had 82 shards (~820 kills) before I got my first pair of boots.

77yLQy8.png

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
2k dry between boots, and 1k dry on both accs now.
IN SUMMATION, (BLEEP) GLAKKERS

also bandos is easier than before eoc, and almost as fast... doesnt stop the troll mind
Posted Image
Posted Image

old_vuz
[ Display Name History ]

old_vuz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Eat at Arbys
  • RSN2:Old Vuz
Do you still have to be 96 herb to drink overloads or did they change it back?

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,008 posts
changed it back

77yLQy8.png

Stakerer
[ Display Name History ]

Stakerer

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RSN:Pyg7
Could someone be so kind and answer some questions I have ?

First of all, I played back in 06 and before that, I have logged in a few times later, but not much.
  • How are the combat and constitution levels now calculated ?
  • I am F2P currently and my staker stats are 70 att 64 str and 56 def - in the past I could kill lesser demons easily, but now it is pretty hard and it takes a lot of time, why ?
  • The combats of monsters has changed also. Did they get more HP or what ?
That's about it now.
Thank you!
Posted Image

wormy
[ Display Name History ]

wormy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
#2: Lessers are currently weak to bolts; when you attack/target one if you look at the "combat" tab you can see weaknesses. What this means in a board sense is anything but range will have a hard time killing it. Also they are now level 100ish, so they became stronger.

#3: Lots more hp, it is not uncommon for a scimitar to hit in the 400's which is ~2x previous hits.

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts

dks are WAY harder now, far worse than gwd.... The agro range is (bleeped) up, as you can now be attacked anywhere in the arena by any of them, and they do not focus on anyone, so you cant lure rex off other people.

I stopped reading your semi-rant at this point because this assumption is wrong.

The purpose of my post was not to rant(well maybe, they've butchered my favorite boss, however inefficient it used to be), but to tell people what to expect. The aim was to help people out in preparing for these bosses. There are no guides/tips that I have seen for the reworked bosses, so I wanted to shed some light on dks.
Posted Image

Squakus
[ Display Name History ]

Squakus

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • RSN:Flere Imsaho
  • Clan:Dgs

Except that's not at all what he's talking about. He even had an answer to your point in there- they hit hard enough that the tank wouldn't stand a chance. It's not even an assumption, that's actual testing right there.

It might be possible to trio, with one person dedicated to killing each DK. Then each would use incite on the king he is strong against, while relying on the others to keep the other two off him.

It would mean DKs would have to be trioed, unless there is some hybrid/all class armor with enough defense to reduce the damage taken to normal levels.

(I personally feel it is wrong that people can camp at a boss for hours on end without having to resupply, so when I say reasonable levels of damage I mean resupplying every 15-30 kill cycles [in this case 3 kings per cycle]. Of course, I may be wrong, seeing as I have never DKed, so if I'm wrong please disregard this opinion about trip length.)
flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users