20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Void Magic gives a 10% damage boost. Overcharge gives a +15% boost, Augury +20% and Torment +25%.

Where's this from?

From me.

:wink:

And no, Divine Storm isn't better than Surge spells. They fixed that a while ago. Storm of Armadyl with the ABS does the most damage now.

Just incase no-one noticed, the Veteran hood (10 year) gives a 1.5% crit bonus to all styles, it doesnt have very good defense bonuses, but i would imagine for a magic slayer task or something where you'll be farcasting and not taking much damage that you'll be ok with it.

You would be wearing a Slayer helm if you're on a task :P

Just incase no-one noticed, the Veteran hood (10 year) gives a 1.5% crit bonus to all styles, it doesnt have very good defense bonuses, but i would imagine for a magic slayer task or something where you'll be farcasting and not taking much damage that you'll be ok with it.

You would be wearing a Slayer helm if you're on a task :P

yeah, that's true, but in just about everything else where you won't be wearing a slayer helm, it may be useful over additional armour bonuses.

They should change potions so that it doesn't increase your levels anymore, and instead gives you a simple damage increase for five minutes. 5% for normal potions, 10% for super potions and 15% for extreme/overload potions.

• Like 2

Void Magic gives a 10% damage boost. Overcharge gives a +15% boost, Augury +20% and Torment +25%.

Where's this from?

From me.

:wink:

And no, Divine Storm isn't better than Surge spells. They fixed that a while ago. Storm of Armadyl with the ABS does the most damage now.

Got data to back it up? ;) if those are the actual boosts they're pretty significant!

ah cool, thanks for the confirm.

so: surge spells are indeed better than divine storm? bah humbug, didnt know :P

it's only a level 60 spell. Air Wave does more damage too.

Also, keep in mind that any spell that's level 80 and higher all deal the same damage. At least, until they release higher levelled weapons into the game.

well, jagex way of finding the balance seems worse than blind man playing golf.

We started with ridiculously easy DG (both mobs and bosses) and at the moment C2 mobs seem on par or slower than C6 mobs pre EoC.

Two/three days ago frozen bosses on C2 was lvl 24, yesterday they were 104 and slower than C2 pre EoC

Today I fought unholy cursebearer on C2, floor 16 or 17 and it was lvl 150 and impossible to kill. I have 99 str/att 98 ranged/def prom 2h, gravecreeper bow+prom arrows. Tried both melee and ranged with abilities. Used multiple thresholds and multiple ultimates. It took quite a lot of time, all my prayer was depleeted I died and got him to somewhere half health. (having to use the fountain does not help but that is the nature of this fight)

Have anyone fought him on C6 recently/today?

I am starting to believe they have no idea what they are doing and that there is no one there with a visoin of what is should be.

Yk'Lagor the Thunderous is supposed to give a warning before he grabs everybody and heals himself, but on the dungeon I just did he wasn't, so he was about impossible to kill. I'm going to wait a few days before I go dunging again while they fix shit like this.

Sergio_Romo.png

DG bosses are a mess right now. I didn't encounter too many problems with cursebearer on C6 yesterday though, as long as I kept ability spamming.

But I also experienced Thunderous grabbing you without the time to hide. Worst of the crowd: Blink. He's lethal. Downright crazy, which is in keeping with the character they created for him, I guess. He hits for nearly max life points very regularly (here it comes - kapow). He's also glitched: if I tele out while he's stuck at a pillar, he remains there for the rest of the fight, spamming his kapow effect. Only way to get him down is a routine of tele - hit - tele -hit.

As for the usual DG monsters, they hit a bit harder, but are still very easy to take down. They're nowhere near their pre-EOC difficulty.

• Like 1

Wow if the bosses are that hard I feel bad for my floor sellers. I mean thunderous might just be a delay lag, but cursebearer ad blink especially sound horrendous.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well, I tried QBD yesterday, they have fixed her up also. So now she hits 2x1000 per fire wall, which with a triple firewall and some tormented souls will easily KO you if you lagg or something.

Also I died a few times on her last form when somehow i got hit even more. Not sure what is up with that but following the different YT guides, I couldn't get to put her to rest because she was hitting so much more than before.

purekilljoy.png

Well, I tried QBD yesterday, they have fixed her up also. So now she hits 2x1000 per fire wall, which with a triple firewall and some tormented souls will easily KO you if you lagg or something.

Also I died a few times on her last form when somehow i got hit even more. Not sure what is up with that but following the different YT guides, I couldn't get to put her to rest because she was hitting so much more than before.

I just got home and did a run with her to see if what you said was accurate. I still got hit 750's from walking through the fire wave. the 2x thing I think is just an issue with the code on how you walk. This means if you walk directly through it, not horizontal, you should only suffer 1000 damage. If the systems pathfinding code makes you walk horizontally Through the flames you'll suffer the damage twice. Also I think 1000 damage is from your antifire potion running out.

Also I want to note I did the trip accidentally forgetting to bring prayer potions so I went in just using torment and soulsplit at critical points. Mind you also I was maging and this is by far the best method to attempt her with. With bloodfire blitz and soulsplit active you are effectively healing 25% of your damage back to you. I used overload, prayer renewal, super antifire, unicorn + scrolls, dreadnips and rocktail when needed. I think I used about 7 rocktail becuase I let the souls get to me, but a few I managed ot trick.

Here is my set-up.

qbdsetup1.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They changed the DG bosses again and C2 ones are lvl 24 again as they were 2 days ago.

It is near impossible to track the changes as they are jumping like yo-yo on daily basis or less.

The thing with the sara sword going crush and than back slash again ...

But I also experienced Thunderous grabbing you without the time to hide. Worst of the crowd: Blink. He's lethal. Downright crazy, which is in keeping with the character they created for him, I guess. He hits for nearly max life points very regularly (here it comes - kapow). He's also glitched: if I tele out while he's stuck at a pillar, he remains there for the rest of the fight, spamming his kapow effect. Only way to get him down is a routine of tele - hit - tele -hit.

Best way I've found of dealing with Blink is to use resonance when he does his run around routine. Also when he does his kapow thing you can raise a pillar between him and you to block all damage.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

In case anyone's interested, here's by how much prayers boost your damage. Tested with abilities only.

Ultimate Strength: 11,25%

Overpowering Force: 11,25%

Overcharge: 15%

Chivalry: 13%

Piety: 15%

Rigour: 15%

Augury: 20%

Turmoil: 18,75%

Anguish: 18,75%

Torment: 25%

In case anyone's interested, here's by how much prayers boost your damage. Tested with abilities only.

I just tested turm, hit a 1294 with just a rapier at 99 strength. That would indicate a 20% boost, at least.

Momentum appears to be +15%, will see how it stacks with turm in a bit.

I just tested turm, hit a 1294 with just a rapier at 99 strength. That would indicate a 20% boost, at least.

Was that with a normal attack, or with an ability?

I'll do another test, only had ~50 data points in the last one.

Edit:

Another 100 data points. Max of 1347.

So that's either 1.25*(99+980) or 3.7*99 + 980. The former is more likely, but it was the latter in the beta, so I'm going to test it with overloads. My max would be either 1370 or 1409, respectively.

So, uh, I'ma just gonna post here in like 2 months when the EoC update is (hopefully) complete and then ask what the hell happened to RS. Sound like a plan?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.