Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
646 replies to this topic

r2winn
[ Display Name History ]

r2winn

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
Yk'Lagor the Thunderous is supposed to give a warning before he grabs everybody and heals himself, but on the dungeon I just did he wasn't, so he was about impossible to kill. I'm going to wait a few days before I go dunging again while they fix shit like this.
Posted Image

Sumpta
[ Display Name History ]

Sumpta

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sunta
DG bosses are a mess right now. I didn't encounter too many problems with cursebearer on C6 yesterday though, as long as I kept ability spamming.

But I also experienced Thunderous grabbing you without the time to hide. Worst of the crowd: Blink. He's lethal. Downright crazy, which is in keeping with the character they created for him, I guess. He hits for nearly max life points very regularly (here it comes - kapow). He's also glitched: if I tele out while he's stuck at a pillar, he remains there for the rest of the fight, spamming his kapow effect. Only way to get him down is a routine of tele - hit - tele -hit.

As for the usual DG monsters, they hit a bit harder, but are still very easy to take down. They're nowhere near their pre-EOC difficulty.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Wow if the bosses are that hard I feel bad for my floor sellers. I mean thunderous might just be a delay lag, but cursebearer ad blink especially sound horrendous.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Barney.S
[ Display Name History ]

Barney.S

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 133 posts
Well, I tried QBD yesterday, they have fixed her up also. So now she hits 2x1000 per fire wall, which with a triple firewall and some tormented souls will easily KO you if you lagg or something.

Also I died a few times on her last form when somehow i got hit even more. Not sure what is up with that but following the different YT guides, I couldn't get to put her to rest because she was hitting so much more than before.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Well, I tried QBD yesterday, they have fixed her up also. So now she hits 2x1000 per fire wall, which with a triple firewall and some tormented souls will easily KO you if you lagg or something.

Also I died a few times on her last form when somehow i got hit even more. Not sure what is up with that but following the different YT guides, I couldn't get to put her to rest because she was hitting so much more than before.

I just got home and did a run with her to see if what you said was accurate. I still got hit 750's from walking through the fire wave. the 2x thing I think is just an issue with the code on how you walk. This means if you walk directly through it, not horizontal, you should only suffer 1000 damage. If the systems pathfinding code makes you walk horizontally Through the flames you'll suffer the damage twice. Also I think 1000 damage is from your antifire potion running out.

Also I want to note I did the trip accidentally forgetting to bring prayer potions so I went in just using torment and soulsplit at critical points. Mind you also I was maging and this is by far the best method to attempt her with. With bloodfire blitz and soulsplit active you are effectively healing 25% of your damage back to you. I used overload, prayer renewal, super antifire, unicorn + scrolls, dreadnips and rocktail when needed. I think I used about 7 rocktail becuase I let the souls get to me, but a few I managed ot trick.

Here is my set-up.

Posted Image

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

guzoliub
[ Display Name History ]

guzoliub

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 165 posts
They changed the DG bosses again and C2 ones are lvl 24 again as they were 2 days ago.

It is near impossible to track the changes as they are jumping like yo-yo on daily basis or less.

The thing with the sara sword going crush and than back slash again ...

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

But I also experienced Thunderous grabbing you without the time to hide. Worst of the crowd: Blink. He's lethal. Downright crazy, which is in keeping with the character they created for him, I guess. He hits for nearly max life points very regularly (here it comes - kapow). He's also glitched: if I tele out while he's stuck at a pillar, he remains there for the rest of the fight, spamming his kapow effect. Only way to get him down is a routine of tele - hit - tele -hit.

Best way I've found of dealing with Blink is to use resonance when he does his run around routine. Also when he does his kapow thing you can raise a pillar between him and you to block all damage.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin
In case anyone's interested, here's by how much prayers boost your damage. Tested with abilities only.

Ultimate Strength: 11,25%
Overpowering Force: 11,25%
Overcharge: 15%

Chivalry: 13%

Piety: 15%
Rigour: 15%
Augury: 20%

Turmoil: 18,75%
Anguish: 18,75%
Torment: 25%

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

In case anyone's interested, here's by how much prayers boost your damage. Tested with abilities only.

I just tested turm, hit a 1294 with just a rapier at 99 strength. That would indicate a 20% boost, at least.

Momentum appears to be +15%, will see how it stacks with turm in a bit.

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts

I just tested turm, hit a 1294 with just a rapier at 99 strength. That would indicate a 20% boost, at least.

Was that with a normal attack, or with an ability?

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts
Normal

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Turmoil and Anguish give a 25% boost for normal attacks, and 18,75% for abilities.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts
I'll do another test, only had ~50 data points in the last one.

Edit:

Another 100 data points. Max of 1347.

So that's either 1.25*(99+980) or 3.7*99 + 980. The former is more likely, but it was the latter in the beta, so I'm going to test it with overloads. My max would be either 1370 or 1409, respectively.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts
>.>

I hit a 1478.

Oh, I see my mistake. Overloads were buffed, so it's not just 116/99.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab
So, uh, I'ma just gonna post here in like 2 months when the EoC update is (hopefully) complete and then ask what the hell happened to RS. Sound like a plan?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
Overloads do 14,25% more damage with Melee and Ranged, and 17,75% - 18% with Magic. With abilities, at least.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
Yay, magic damage data!

Posted Image

Raw Data

Tests were all done on dummies, casting fire spells, not carrying the required runes, no potions, no prayers, no weaknesses. All recorded max hits are critical hits. Multiplier equals the recorded critical hit, divided by the damage shown in the equipment interface minus 99 (magic level).

As you can see, abilities which are supposed to have multipliers close to the bottom three lines, actually have much higher multipliers, up to 2.5 times as high as shown in-game for Fire Strike.

With a sample of 3 hits with 3 different abilities using fire strike, Metamorphosis seems to grant 125% damage, not 150%.

tl;dr fire wave > fire surge

Edit: if someone with 80 magic could test the critical hits of air surge for the five abilities above, that'd be real nice :).
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox
Well EoC has been out for about 10 days now. I just have a few thoughts/opinions about it. What i am about to say will most likely come off as a rant (probably because some of it is, in a way), but i guess i just wanted to get it out.

First of all, the past 10 days of playing RS has been some of the most fun i can remember having on this game. I started playing late 2007 (i think that was just before free trade was removed) so i never got to play RS in it's glory days (which i assume was anything from when it was first released to probably late 2006). So for me, the EoC has been great fun. I admit that the first 2 or 3 days getting used to the new abilities was a bit frustrating, and even now i'm still getting used to them and figuring out things. So far i've learned that actually spamming abilities can do more harm than good, and playing defensive can be very good in the right circumstances. It was a bit frustrating having to raise my Defense in order to wear armour i used to be able to wear, and even more frustrating knowing there's armour i would not be able to wear anymore. But those are all small sacrifices i was willing to make. PKing has changed a lot, which is the main reason i started making a Zerker (which is now a Rune Pure). But I kind of lost my appeal to PKing for a while now, and i've found a few bosses that are pretty fun to kill, even with 50 Defense. I think it's pretty cool that a Rune Pure can also enjoy some of the funner things in RS (and by this i mean PvM in the form of Bosses) without having to do so in large groups.
I like the fact that every NPC now has it's own weakness and that we are, in a way, forced to use a certain combat style to kill them efficiently. I've always been someone that likes using Range, Mage, and Melee for PvM but i always suffered a great loss in exp rates when i chose to do so. Now i know i can do this and still maintain top exp gains. I think that was a really good thing. I admit that some things might seem a bit out of whack at the moment, but i trust that i time these things will be ironed out. I've enjoyed doing Zammy and QBD the past few days using Mage. Who would have thought? GWD using Mage? It's awesome!

Now we get to the part of my post that might be seen as a bit of a rant. PKing. Not really PKing, but the PKing community.
I believe that the EoC has gotten rid of a lot of the old PKers. PKing was dying out as it was, pre-EoC, but i believe that this was sort of the "final straw" for a lot of the high-profile PKers (by this i mean the YT videomakers). Am i upset about that? No. In fact, i think this is one of the best things to happen to PKing in a very long time. Let's face it, the PKing community was a rotten one. People PJing left and right, Rushing, Luring. It was really a filthy sight, and managing to fight an honest fight was hard. Finding an honest high risk fight almost impossible at times. Getting rushed by some idiot who has no idea how to PK the conventional way and seeing him say "Bodied" ,"Sit", "Cya", "Mad?", "Scrub", "Hick", the list goes one, as he kills you while you were in a fight with someone else... that was something that could only cause great amounts of frustration. And i am happy that those guys have left. Now i know a lot of high-profile PKers were not PJers nor Rushers, but a lot of them were players with rotten attitudes in game and they had a lot of influence on what the PKing world was.

Then we get to the people that quit because of EoC. I respect anyone who quit, but only if they had a valid reason. I've seen so many people quit simply because "i spent 10 minutes on RS and it was gay", "x-yt videomaker says it's gay, so that means it has to be and i'm quitting because of it".
Not sad to see those guys go, at all. RS doesn't need them.
Also the guys who have their "in depth thoughts on EoC" which is a 5 second video of them saying "It's gay" then logging off, or their "EoC how to guide" which is a 10 second video of them logging in, and logging out. Glad to see them go.

I don't know if i'm just bitter, but i've become really tired of all the idiots that have surfaced since talk of EoC. I know there were a lot of them before them, but even more of them seemed to have come out after the release of the Beta. I'm happy that most of them left. Oh and then as a last thought the people who say "I quit RS, EoC is gay" and constantly comment on EoC related videos on yt, then still log in each and every day to play RS...

Anyway, overall thoughts of EoC so far :thumbup:

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
I feel like Momentum is at least a 25-30% boost, I managed a hit about 50% more than my max when using Momentum on a slayer task (with helm bonus).

I guess Torment adding more magic damage on abilities is fair enough, since those don't account for 2h.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Let me get something clarified: when using abilities, a staff does more damage than DW when casting magic spells, correct?

What about momentum auto-attacking?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users