20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Quit with the [bleep] fit. Bugs happen its an epically huge update that wont be completely perfect, shiny, and unblemished.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Skyrim had a crap load of bugs and still does, and Bethesda considered it ready to ship. I'm not worried by bugs that have appeared not even 6 hours into live EoC. There will be a whole lot more to come and anyone who expects this to have launched 100% super clean, super tight is either kidding themselves, a moron or honestly has no idea whatsoever on the time, effort and variables in an update like this.

If you don't like it, fair enough, but don't deride them for being unable to have ironed out every single bug on a game that runs on a variety of types of machines and not a console.

I_Am_Moses_2.png

There are some pretty massive bugs though (can use momentum in duels with abilities turned off). And xp rates are still so unbalanced in some skills it's not even funny. (900k-1.2M mage xp/hr)

It's less buggy than I expected, but then my expectations were about as low as you could get.

Asmodean <3

So I finally got around to doing RotM yesterday before the EoC update and I only have 333/335 quest points now. When Some Like it Cold is only worth 1 quest point, where am I missing a quest point? The only other ones I haven't done were the replacement quests for Doric's Quest and Prince Ali Rescue, but I was under the impression we kept our quest points...

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Ginger's right, please please please send bug reports to Jagex, this is a big update and beta or no beta, it is guaranteed to have bugs. This is simply a fact of the game development industry.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Two points. Bethesda is infamous for considering incredibly buggy software 'ready to ship' when it clearly isn't. They are also notorious for not fixing most of them, and taking a very long time to deal with the ones they do address.

Also, if you put the action bar down, you can type without hitting enter. You just can't talk normally while using abilities, or while using the action bar to train (such as by dropping).

And yes, there are a lot of bugs in this, and obvious ones, considering how long it was in beta. Either no one ever beta played temple trekking (or at least didn't report on it), or they didn't fix the reports they got, because I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work like this (some of the monsters haven't even been converted to beta stats I think, far to little hp).

f9fD9.jpg

This apparently is Kuradal's slayertask weakness list.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

GWD armor is definitely going to be preferable to barrows... Did fight kiln twice using Kharils top/bottom. 87k repair cost at bob's. That's the cost of fully repairing a chest armor piece before hand (90k) for probably 45 minutes use of two pieces.

Riqualyn.png

The only thing I don't like so far is the lack of aggro from (some) monsters, like Steels and DBS (Don't know if any other monsters are aggro or not).

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

f9fD9.jpg

This apparently is Kuradal's slayertask weakness list.

outdated, abysal demons weakens is slash and nech weaknes is crush, idk about other monsters

Saw this like 8 or 9 days ago, so that's very possible lol. But some of it should still be true.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png