20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

rip rs

How to properly declare the death of Runescape:

I hate this update. I am a (1) and I demand Jagex reverse this update right now! This will do nothing to the game except (2) the game I've played for (3) years! Look at how many players are online now, only (4) thousand, and (5) of them are bots! All (6) cares about is money now. I'm (7).

Rip (8).

-----------------------------------------------------

1. veteran, paying customer, loyal player

2. destroy, annihilate, kill, ruin, chase players away from

3. Number of years you've played

4. Amount of players online

5. half, three-quarters, most, almost all

6. jubulex, jublix, Ivpex, jablax, gaygex

7. cancelling membership, signing this petition, rioting in w66 falador

8. wowscape, ivpscape

• Like 13

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

No one wants to hear EOC moaning. If you want help understanding and running with things oyu can ask. I and many others have been more than willing to help you understand and work with the new system.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No one wants to hear EOC moaning. If you want help understanding and running with things oyu can ask. I and many others have been more than willing to help you understand and work with the new system.

I'm always willing to help with the basics if anyone has questions, and my chat's always on. Sadly, not many people are willing to learn :?

I'm always willing to help with the basics if anyone has questions, and my chat's always on. Sadly, not many people are willing to learn :?

Weren't you one of the people i initially was helping? Like me and saradomin mage spent like 2 pages talking about it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Weren't you one of the people i initially was helping? Like me and saradomin mage spent like 2 pages talking about it.

I honestly have no idea. I picked up the basics pretty easily from the start of the beta, if you two helped me it was with something more than that (Probably something efficiency/technique-related).

God, how many times are we going to see people say "I don't like it any more and therefore nobody else should". Get over yourself.

While the player whom you are responding to is/was certainly bitter, I think the general point stands. I like RS, I have played for years and I still play it regularly and I have no intention of qutting, and I am not one of those nostalgia ridden people who keep thinking about "the good old days", but even I(and I know many similar to me who feel the same way) can't help but feel that the game is on its descending phase in terms of popularity and lifespan. I will continue to play it until they pull the plug or I get bored, and I certainly don't ever tell other people to "move on" or "quit", but the feeling is very much here that RS might not be here in a couple of years.

The thing is, not every MMO is World of Warcraft. In fact WoW is probably the exception to the rule when it comes to how large it's player base is.

All MMO's gradually lose popularity over time. The player base for Runescape may be smaller than it used to be but the amount of players that are present now is still more than enough for the game to keep going strong.

If you think the game is dying, you're welcome to your opinion but what are people achieving by constantly spamming it on forums? If you think the game is going down the shitter, I don't care. If you still enjoy the game then shut up and play it, if not then just leave.

• Like 3
Sylpheed.png

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a good link to what the EoC actually entails? I just came back to RS after like... a year and some away, and everything is totally different. And all of the icons look... Totally dumb. (different topic).

I still find it hard to believe there hasn't been a new skill since what, 2010?

Are abilities part of the EoC update? I loooked at the main RS link and they're like hey EoC is here!!! But didn't really say what EoC was. Also I see weapons no longer have special attacks? They have passive attacks? I realize this is not H&A, so if anyone just wants to post a nice little link, and I'll be on my way.

Edit: I did not realize I just bumped a three month old topic, my bad, I was following the link from the main page. Sorry :|

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Does anyone have a good link to what the EoC actually entails? I just came back to RS after like... a year and some away, and everything is totally different. And all of the icons look... Totally dumb. (different topic).

I still find it hard to believe there hasn't been a new skill since what, 2010?

Are abilities part of the EoC update? I loooked at the main RS link and they're like hey EoC is here!!! But didn't really say what EoC was. Also I see weapons no longer have special attacks? They have passive attacks? I realize this is not H&A, so if anyone just wants to post a nice little link, and I'll be on my way.

Click on the "Combat Academy" tab in your inventory interface, and it should explain essentially everything.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

And wow, this is a lot to take in.I spent like 45 minutes last night doing the academy thing, but I couldn't tell what else EoC brought to the game. No more protection prayers? Everywhere is multikill? Yikes...

Also, I really don't like how everything has 1.234 billion lifepoints. Yuck. However, this does seem to solve some problems that the old game had, so I'll give this a chance.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It is multi-kill everywhere, but on the other hand most monsters are now not aggressive.

Bossfights are somewhat easier, coz u can simply smack abilities now. Especially the quest ones (having done WGS recently)

Quest bosses overall haven't really brought up to standard! Besides newer quests, quests that came out since the launch of EoC.

So if "The World Wakes" Has any quest bosses, it's going to be damn though ;D.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.