Staves vs. Wands

gago

What would be better for pure dps, a staff or wand+book?

If i understand this right, wand+book should be equal to the staff of the same tier, so i should be using chaotic staff because i can't afford virtus wand&book?

And how good in comparison would be ahrims?

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Staffs are superior, since when you dual wield wand+book/orb it takes down the base damage to 75% main hand, as opposed to 150 Damage the Staves have. that makes staffs way superior in any normal ciscumstance.

That being said, for bossing, Wand+Shield is highly reccomended.

Ahrim should be a bit weaker than virtus, but nto by much.

I think ability damage was fixed to always use the 100% equivalent main hand. Then again staves give you free runes and dont use them as fast anyway, so technically superior to DW.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Yeah dual wield mage seems to blow really. For mage ur best sticking to stave unless you need a shield, in which case you get a wand and shield combo going.

I see a lot of people saying about how wands are bad as then you need runes, but really look at the stats on staves and if you don't wanna be a sucky mage due to a poor weapon (in the higher levels anyway) you need one of the staves that doesn't give runes anyway (eg sol, polypore, chaotic, ahrims etc.) Plus rune costs r soooooooo low these days anyway, even barraging isn't exactly super costy now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah dual wield mage seems to blow really. For mage ur best sticking to stave unless you need a shield, in which case you get a wand and shield combo going.

I see a lot of people saying about how wands are bad as then you need runes, but really look at the stats on staves and if you don't wanna be a sucky mage due to a poor weapon (in the higher levels anyway) you need one of the staves that doesn't give runes anyway (eg sol, polypore, chaotic, ahrims etc.) Plus rune costs r soooooooo low these days anyway, even barraging isn't exactly super costy now.

Did they change the Armadyl battlestaff to no longer supply air runes?

Noctis666.png

Did they change the Armadyl battlestaff to no longer supply air runes?

Well yeah it does supply the air runes (as far as I know) but of allllll the rune costs for maging airs are the lowest and most of the top spells (aside from normal air mage) require other runes that cost more anyways. And in most examples I've seen people have been elluding to using fire/earth/lava/water/mud staves for doing spells mostly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What are bloods and deaths used for now? I have a ton of them

I know that Ancient Magicks spells still use them. Rush and Burst spells use Deaths( 1 for Rush, 2 for Burst), and Blitz and Barrages use Bloods( 1 for Blitz, 2 for Barrage). And I don't think many Lunar Spells were changed if any, so Vengeance still uses Deaths and if you use Heal Other or Heal Group then those still use Bloods. I'm personally wondering if there's any use for loads of Chaos runes anymore. Chaos runes seem completely useless now except for Teleblocking.

Noctis666.png

Thanks for the answers!

Another question - would master wand be better than ahrims' since it +2% crit?

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]