necrophyte

new weapon stats confusion - comparing dragon ls & abyssal whip

i just compared some weapons to get an idea what would be the most favorable melee all-purpose weapon for me at present, and there i got a bit confused when looking at the new specs since EOC..

eg. comparing dragon longsword and and abyssal whip:

dragon longsword

Damage 336

Hit Bonus 600

Life Bonus 0

Level 1

Prayer bonus 0

Accuracy 610

Style Slashing

Melee Crit 0.0%

Type Melee

Speed Fast

abyssal whip

Damage 672

Hit Bonus 0

Life Bonus 0

Level 70

Prayer bonus 0

Accuracy 700

Style Slashing

Melee Crit 0.0%

Type Melee

Speed Fastest

well, judging from these, the whip should be generally better, since 2x the base damage and better accuracy and faster striking.

however, what does this hit bonus do?! ie. when does is apply (and when not, if)?

looking at both weapons in-game in fact makes the longsword look superior, since there the hit bonus is automatically added to the base damage, which amounts to 735 for the longsword and just 672 for the whip! since theres no slash/stab/crush etc anymore for a single weapon, but all swords are slashing, as it is the whip, the longsword doesnt have the advantage of having more attack styles anymore over the the whip, which before EOC only had the slash style.

or have these specs just not been updated correctly/fully yet (like eg. the level requirement of 0 for the longsword, which should be 60)?

any clue?

and any tips on which weapon to use now?

thanks!

Hit bonus is general on the hover-over for items that don't fit well into the tiering system. Enhanced Excalibur is one of these, 700 hit bonus (which translates to 700 accuracy) but no related level.

Normally the accuracy for a weapon is level tier*10

So for a dragon weapon you have 60*10 = 600 accuracy.

We are currently updating the database with the new stats of items, in this case the dragon longsword had hit bonus stats lifted from the beta but it hasn't yet been verified in the main game. Storing both hit bonus and the level (tier) of iems helps us to accurately calculate item accuracy in all cases.

Anywho in response to your original question, the whip is the far superior option of the two. In general, if an item has a higher tier it is almost always better

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

thank you!

but now looking at the dragon dagger im confused again - or it isnt updated yet: damage 576, hit bonus 600, accuracy 600 - that looks better than the longsword - or does here the tier apply again, so dragon longsword with accuracy 610 is better than dagger with 600, no matter what damage/hit bonus? (of course, only judging from these stats - i know that the longsword is better in-game, especially now since theres no ddp++ anymore)

on the other hand, the off-hand dragon dagger has damage 288, hit bonus 600, accuracy 600. i suppose theres a lot to be updated/corrected.

so is there a general formula on how to calculate and compare weapons directly now since EOC?

thanks!

I'll do a sweep of dragon weapons tonight to get the new stats confirmed if possible, however in this case:

Ingame, both have tier 60 and no hit bonus, so accuracy = 60*10 = 600

Dragon long:

735 damage

Slashing

Fast speed (5 ticks)

Dragon dagger:

576 damage

Stabbing

Fastest speed (4 tick)

If you weight the dragon dagger based on its speed, (576/4)*5 = 720 damage. So the longsword is slightly better.

However, dagger will be more accurate in melee situations where the monster is stab weak. I think its a 15% penalty to accuracy for using the wrong melee style on a melee weak monster (i.e. using stab when you should be using slash)

Anyway we'll have these values updated soon :)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!