Warning, do NOT stake- New Glitch for stat boost.

I thought this deserved its own topic, as it gets the message out and will fall off forum front page when fixed.

Mod edit: naming names is not permitted. Please just describe what happened with the glitch and what to watch out for. Thanks ~ Kimberly

My luck today seriously >.>'.

Edited by Kimberly

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Someone warned you not to stake him, yet you still continued?

They said once, "don't he scams" to me, that is why I had the pots in my inv assumed would try and turn pots on.

Didn't glitch me the first 500m we did, but I assume that would have been because he won by around 500lp fairly.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You should have said [bleep] you one more time.

I bet it made him feel bad.

Sorry about the loss though, sucks that there is yet another staking glitch.

• Like 1
4e0Vn.png

Hid some posts from public view. Naming names is not permitted on these boards, guys. Just discuss the glitch (without detailing how to perform it), maybe talk about other glitches you've encountered, and share your knowledge to help your community. There's no need to start mud-slinging in all this.

Thanks guys.

hzvjpwS.gif

You know, I would actually have been a bit surprised if a couple weeks after EoC no one abused some new staking glitch.

• Like 5

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hid some posts from public view. Naming names is not permitted on these boards, guys. Just discuss the glitch (without detailing how to perform it), maybe talk about other glitches you've encountered, and share your knowledge to help your community. There's no need to start mud-slinging in all this.

Thanks guys.

I would really disagree in cases like this, naming names can specifically protect people, as it seems like a very small group that are abusing this glitch.

Are you trying to protect his reputation or something, it is one thing to slander someone without proof, but when there is clear evidence it seems pointless.

The entire well known rwters thread is this, so why not allow known glitchers to be named and shamed to protect people?

• Like 11

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The difference between the RWT'ers thread and this one is that those who are discussed in the RWT thread have already had visible action taken against them by Jagex. It's preposterous to claim that we're defending rule-breakers -- we're simply trying to avoid a negative he-said-she-said discussion of accusations because it could happen to anyone on these forums. Your post is a special case in that the vid was specifically demonstrating someone abusing the bug, but it still falls under those guidelines.

If you have any other questions you're welcome to PM me but beyond that, this branch of discussion does not belong on this topic :P In the meantime I will talk to the moderation staff about the special case your thread presents and get back to you on that. But user feedback is more powerful than anything, and if you feel very strongly about this I highly recommend you make a thread in our Forum Updates and Suggestions board in the meantime!

Edited by Kimberly
Fixed an editing fail. :3

hzvjpwS.gif

That's not true at all Kimberly. People were accusing Fishy and Starry of RWT several days before Jagex took action against them. Logdotzip regularly lists players who have been banned or temporarily banned, when we have no idea what they were banned for, claiming it was for RWT. It's double standards to not allow us to post the names of bug abusers we've seen in this thread.

Anyway, anyone boxing over 100m is probably glitching now. It's not a particularly complicated one, it just involves the butterflies in jars which you can use on another player to boost their melee stats, and having a friend in the same arena as you.

• Like 3

Asmodean <3

Logdotzip regularly lists players who have been banned or temporarily banned, when we have no idea what they were banned for, claiming it was for RWT.

Doesn't Jagex announce when they ban people for RWT? I always thought that's why it was okay to list their names, since they'd officially been outed.

...sorry to derail things even further here.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Logdotzip regularly lists players who have been banned or temporarily banned, when we have no idea what they were banned for, claiming it was for RWT.

Doesn't Jagex announce when they ban people for RWT? I always thought that's why it was okay to list their names, since they'd officially been outed.

...sorry to derail things even further here.

No, they only did it with WAD and a couple of others. Most of the players accused of RWT in that thread never admitted or were proved to be doing it, and many of them now have their accounts back. So why are we allowed to name those players, but not to name players when we could potentially be saving others from getting scammed?

Asmodean <3

Just to clear things up...

We're allowing the RWT thread because as of right now, the names being listed are only listing actions taken by Jagex. Your right, we can't know 100% why the action was taken, but that action was taken is a demonstration that rules were broken. For all the similarity, these really aren't that similar, not from a moderating perspective.

We have a lot more issues with videos of scammers, including potentially compromised accounts (which has happened in the past).

It is also worth considering that you potentially do people a disservice by naming names in cases like this. If you want to show the scam with the names blanked, that'd great. It shows people what's going on and why it's dangerous, and that is helpful. By not revealing the name you put put people on edge around everyone, rather than just the people named. This is a safer situation for people to be in than looking out for a handful of specific names.

The policy will remain that Jagex needs to take action first. If you see posts violating this, then report them, but don't use their existence as an excuse for you to break the rules too. It doesn't work like that.

If you disagree with the action taken here, then you can bring it up with myself, or another administrator in private message, and we'll go from there. This thread is not the place to debate moderator policy, and I do not want to see it continue here.

• Like 1

Staking glitch abuse is a risk in gambling during regular times. Right now, there is no reason to risk staking. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Just don't do it. Seriously. Be smart.

yeah

generally this kind of situation where everything is turned upside down, you want to avoid staking for a few weeks

all it really is about these days is tricking other people into giving you a huge advantage

8f14270694.jpg

Love how we have a topic that basically says nothing except "don't stake"

because the first post got emasculated. Cheating scum don't deserve protection.

The purpose of the rule is because you can call out anyone for something with or without proof otherwise. The 'without' part is why the rule exists.

Love how we have a topic that basically says nothing except "don't stake"

because the first post got emasculated. Cheating scum don't deserve protection.

The purpose of the rule is because you can call out anyone for something with or without proof otherwise. The 'without' part is why the rule exists.

The rule is useful for protecting players when no proof is presented, but removing the video when it's clear that the player in question has obviously cheated the system then I think the video should have remained. Guilty parties deserve no protection.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Disagree. Protecting the rights of the innocent requires protecting the rights of the guilty. It is simpler to apply the rule to all naming of names, rather than to have to selectively determine when to apply. It is always possible for the evidence to be wrong.

• Like 2

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

There's also always a small chance that the account being named is actually a hacked account. Not exactly fair for the guy to get his account back while everyone is messaging him that they were scammed by him.

22031_s.gif

Disagree. Protecting the rights of the innocent requires protecting the rights of the guilty. It is simpler to apply the rule to all naming of names, rather than to have to selectively determine when to apply. It is always possible for the evidence to be wrong.

This. But even worse then that, you realize names mean nothing. One of the guys doing this was publicly named and shamed by Jagex during the semi-recent dupe but hes on another acount and a VPN. Just beause the account "prosk8tr3345" (i made that name up, any and all similarities with any rule breakers is purely coincidental) may be cheating says nothing about who the person behind the account is.

Which is why I say its pointless to list glitchers names, because all the ones who actually do it to make real money have a dozen or more accounts with no main they care about. Also most of the time they buy accounts (which are likely scammed or hacked prior to that).

Then you got other glitchers who do it to show off so listing their names is just going to stroke their ego. This group probably posted a video of how to do it on youtube and maybe even their rs name.

Then you got legitimate players who were doing a mass leaked glitch. But whats the point of naming and shaming when half the arena was doing it by that point?