Ariane Quest Double Bill 28th November

Ambler

Not in the bet =p

But to toss in another idea what about shield of arrav?

It has been a very very very long time since I have done the quest, but I remember it being rather dull, and requiring a random person. It must have been spruced up a little over the years, but it seems like a good option for re-work.

I am f2p, I know there is a p2p quest that uses the black arm/phoenix so....

Not in the bet =p

But to toss in another idea what about shield of arrav?

It has been a very very very long time since I have done the quest, but I remember it being rather dull, and requiring a random person. It must have been spruced up a little over the years, but it seems like a good option for re-work.

I am f2p, I know there is a p2p quest that uses the black arm/phoenix so....

Like you mentioned that would also require a rework of the Hero's Quest, though I could also see that getting a rework to give the sig heroes their own place rather than being on the second floor of the legend's guild.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I could see Linza being in the Shield of Arrav re-work. Or possibly if they ever re-work dragon slayer to allow you to attach something protective against firebreath to a normal piece of armor or weapon. Then it could be updated that players would see Linza to turn a visage into an antifire shield maybe? IDK. Kind of grasping here lol

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm unsure if they would rework Recruitment Drive, as the two P2P quests from Ozan and Ariane were both completely new quests and not reworks of previous ones.

But then, that doesn't really prevent them from doing that.

I'm unsure if they would rework Recruitment Drive, as the two P2P quests from Ozan and Ariane were both completely new quests and not reworks of previous ones.

But then, that doesn't really prevent them from doing that.

Ah crap. You're right. Well, I won't welch now. Bring on the judgement day!

hzvjpwS.gif

I read somewhere that Black Knight Fortress was the quest being reworked for Sir Owen Ewain damnit.

I assume Alg read that too :razz:

I didn't read that, it just made the most sense for that to be the quest. Yay for winning a bet? :grin:

What about me? I said they should revamp knight's sword and Black knight fortress in the Falador/Sir Owen rework to :o (check page 6)

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

[hide=spoiler]Ellaron was zamorakian, and the zamorak wizards who left after the destruction of the first tower (pre-newest quest lore) became the ZMI. To access the abyss, the ZMI had to send an apprentice to the abyss to maintain the connection.

Why didn't they just use the power beam, which performed the same function but without needing to sacrifice an apprentice?[/hide]

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

[hide=spoiler]Ellaron was zamorakian, and the zamorak wizards who left after the destruction of the first tower (pre-newest quest lore) became the ZMI. To access the abyss, the ZMI had to send an apprentice to the abyss to maintain the connection.

Why didn't they just use the power beam, which performed the same function but without needing to sacrifice an apprentice?[/hide]

The ability to teleport to the abyss was possible because of the beam. But there was nothing within the Abyss to anchor their teleport spells to in order to get back to the overworld. The portal within the abyss might have been their answer -- another connection to another area of the abyss to bypass the distance needed to reach the rune altars. And because it seems like their magic was less refined than their Mage Guild counterparts, the portal could've been unstable, hence the Apprentice's need for constant vigilance.

...Or maybe I have it back asswards and it's the portal within the abyss that anchors them & allows them to teleport INTO the abyss, and the portal beam in Gielnor allows them to teleport OUT of the abyss as a reverse of what people use to teleport in the overworld.

I'm not sure exactly which it is, but I'm fairly confident it's one of those answers. Actually I think it might be the second one. Ehh.

hzvjpwS.gif

The ability to teleport to the abyss was possible because of the beam. But there was nothing within the Abyss to anchor their teleport spells to in order to get back to the overworld. The portal within the abyss might have been their answer -- another connection to another area of the abyss to bypass the distance needed to reach the rune altars. And because it seems like their magic was less refined than their Mage Guild counterparts, the portal could've been unstable, hence the Apprentice's need for constant vigilance.

...Or maybe I have it back asswards and it's the portal within the abyss that anchors them & allows them to teleport INTO the abyss, and the portal beam in Gielnor allows them to teleport OUT of the abyss as a reverse of what people use to teleport in the overworld.

I'm not sure exactly which it is, but I'm fairly confident it's one of those answers. Actually I think it might be the second one. Ehh.

I got a third theory:

The power beam makes it possible to teleport both in and out of the abyss, but it cannot make the user's existence in the abyss stable. Teleporting in instantly forces you to teleport out at your destination. A normal teleport does not use the portal at all, so as to make the user spend practically no time in the abyss (which is a good thing if you want to avoid users being ripped to shreds).

The portal is like the beam in that it's an anchor, but as you say, it's poorly executed and requires constant supervision, as the ZMI didn't have the resources or knowledge of the rest of the Tower to do it properly. Half-teleports, where the user goes into the abyss and stays there, uses the beam to go in and the portal to stabilise the user's existence in the abyss.

Then this begs the question of how normal teleport spells work when you cast them while you're in the abyss. Ehh.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I got a third theory:

The power beam makes it possible to teleport both in and out of the abyss, but it cannot make the user's existence in the abyss stable. Teleporting in instantly forces you to teleport out at your destination. A normal teleport does not use the portal at all, so as to make the user spend practically no time in the abyss (which is a good thing if you want to avoid users being ripped to shreds).

The portal is like the beam in that it's an anchor, but as you say, it's poorly executed and requires constant supervision, as the ZMI didn't have the resources or knowledge of the rest of the Tower to do it properly. Half-teleports, where the user goes into the abyss and stays there, uses the beam to go in and the portal to stabilise the user's existence in the abyss.

Then this begs the question of how normal teleport spells work when you cast them while you're in the abyss. Ehh.

The original CFT.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I'd say "A wizard did it" but that's exactly what we're arguing about.

Yeah, I give up. I like that Jagex is trying to suggest there's real science behind magic, and they might well have worked out everything, but I can only go so far before I realise that I'm drawing up theories for a really pointless subject. I click a button, which makes me go from point A to B instantly. A beam of light and a wobbly sphere guarded by a floating person somehow allow me to do this.

tumblr_mc6pgbPWf81reby8oo1_400.gif

• Like 1

~ W ~

sigzi.png