Festive Aura: 50% bonus xp each day.

toone

Either way, it'll be a free 1.5 million XP when all is said and done.

I hate that phrase. It makes no sense. It should be "when all that's said is done", meaning everything you planned to do has been done.

It's meant to convey that "everything is done". It could be written "all is done and said" because both actions are in the past, the same way you could refer to two battles as "the battles of Britain and the Bulge" or vice versa, it's merely bringing up two events, not laying them out chronologically.

I always thought it was "when it's all said and done"..

Anyways, on topic, been using my aura on crafting.. it's worth it to use it on anything 200k or over xp\hr.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

I hate that phrase. It makes no sense. It should be "when all that's said is done", meaning everything you planned to do has been done.

It's meant to convey that "everything is done". It could be written "all is done and said" because both actions are in the past, the same way you could refer to two battles as "the battles of Britain and the Bulge" or vice versa, it's merely bringing up two events, not laying them out chronologically.

Anyways, on topic, been using my aura on crafting.. it's worth it to use it on anything 200k or over xp\hr.

In terms of time saved, it's best to do it on the most efficient method for a skill that is under 200k/hr, since that will save you 15 minutes of that method once a day. It will save you less time if you use it on a skill with higher efficiency or use it on something besides the most efficient methods.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

In terms of time saved, it's best to do it on the most efficient method for a skill that is under 200k/hr, since that will save you 15 minutes of that method once a day. It will save you less time if you use it on a skill with higher efficiency or use it on something besides the most efficient methods.

Do I have to do another efficiency vs productivity rant? Otherwise, you are absolutely right. You receive half the time you invest back, so maxing it quickly is not advantageous.

• Like 1

[hide]

Do I have to do another efficiency vs productivity rant? Otherwise, you are absolutely right. You receive half the time you invest back, so maxing it quickly is not advantageous.

[/hide]

So long as the skill you choose is over 100k/hour, then you max out your aura each day. Well, assuming you're not distracted by the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead and end up letting the aura expire before maxing it out. Doh!

edit: ok, my math was off. Thanks r2winn

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

why is everyone so worried about the time it saves? we know its max 10-20 min which IMO is nothing.

Im more focused on the money it saves :D

Xpwaste/SUOMI-cultists really.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

why is everyone so worried about the time it saves? we know its max 10-20 min which IMO is nothing.

Your words sting.

Your words sting.

You have a place in my heart alongside everyone else :D.

Besides some of the great metagame cultists have made at least some kind of realistic gameplay contribution.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Money saved would have to factor intro a true calculation. But if you max the xp on the aura, that means you didn't get the full time saved from it. However, if you value money as time you can convert the money it saves you into time to see how much time saving it does at say crafting or herblore :)

I like to think about efficiency because its fun. 10-15 minutes saved per day adds up to a fair bit, sure not a lot in the long run for 200m or whatever but it does save time :)

Serena_Sedai.png

Best to do a skill that is about 200k xp/hr. You'll get 100k xp in the half hour, which will get you the 50k bonus xp.

Wrong. That way you get the most xp off your aura, but you save the same amount of time (15 minutes) as any skill below this xp/hr. As has previously been stated the "best" (most efficient) use is the skill which saves you the maximum amount of time (15 minutes; any skill where the most efficient method is 200k xp/hr or less) and the most money.

Money saved would have to factor intro a true calculation. But if you max the xp on the aura, that means you didn't get the full time saved from it. However, if you value money as time you can convert the money it saves you into time to see how much time saving it does at say crafting or herblore :)

I like to think about efficiency because its fun. 10-15 minutes saved per day adds up to a fair bit, sure not a lot in the long run for 200m or whatever but it does save time :)

7.5 hours of agility I don't have to do.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

7.5 hours of agility I don't have to do.

This is really the best thing that anyone can say about the aura.

Training agility is so 2011... That's what SOF's random xp lamps and troll invasion is for. Personally, for me it saves 7h of thieving or whichever other skills that are below 90 , which is way more significant, because well, there is no need to ever train agility except for the 300 perfect laps you need to get.

purekilljoy.png

You save max. 50k exp per day, so...

Why does it matter how fast you get your 50k exp again?

I'm going to exaggerate a bit now, but the point still stands.

Say you can gain 1,000,000 xp/h in a skill. So to gain 50k xp you have to train that skill for three minutes. If you get those 50k xp for free, then that will spare you 3 minutes to reach your goal (of level 99 or whatever)

On the other hand, lets say we have a skill where you can only gain 100,000 xp/h, to gain 50k experience points, you would have to train for half an hour. So with 50k xp for free you save 30 minutes of training to reach your goal (of level 99 or whatever)

now of course, if you train a skill with less than 200k/h you'll get less than 50k bonus experience. With 100k xp/h you'll gain 25k. But that still saves you 15 minutes of training - which is more than those measly 3 minutes from your 1m xp/h skill.

What this doesn't account for is money spent. If that 1m xp/h skill also costs insane amounts of money, then you'll spare both time spent training, and time spent getting money for that training. There's calculations to measure how much a cost has to be for it to be worth it, but I'm not going to go into that now.

that said, since you save the same amount of time on any skill that's slower than 200k/h, am I right to think that the most expensive skill at sub 200 xp/h often would be the best choice for the aura? (exluding boredom etc, which obviously makes hunter the best choice anyway)

You save max. 50k exp per day, so...

Why does it matter how fast you get your 50k exp again?

I'm going to exaggerate a bit now, but the point still stands.

Say you can gain 1,000,000 xp/h in a skill. So to gain 50k xp you have to train that skill for three minutes. If you get those 50k xp for free, then that will spare you 3 minutes to reach your goal (of level 99 or whatever)

On the other hand, lets say we have a skill where you can only gain 100,000 xp/h, to gain 50k experience points, you would have to train for half an hour. So with 50k xp for free you save 30 minutes of training to reach your goal (of level 99 or whatever)

now of course, if you train a skill with less than 200k/h you'll get less than 50k bonus experience. With 100k xp/h you'll gain 25k. But that still saves you 15 minutes of training - which is more than those measly 3 minutes from your 1m xp/h skill.

What this doesn't account for is money spent. If that 1m xp/h skill also costs insane amounts of money, then you'll spare both time spent training, and time spent getting money for that training. There's calculations to measure how much a cost has to be for it to be worth it, but I'm not going to go into that now.

that said, since you save the same amount of time on any skill that's slower than 200k/h, am I right to think that the most expensive skill at sub 200 xp/h often would be the best choice for the aura? (exluding boredom etc, which obviously makes hunter the best choice anyway)

The trick is that the more expensive training method would require a much more extensive calculation to determine whether it is worth it. You need to know cost and how much gp/hr you can or are willing to obtain to fund it using some other method.

In general I would assume the most expensive skill that is sub 200k/hr is the best choice but actually knowing for sure involves a fair bit more math.

Serena_Sedai.png

It's only 50k, but that is ~100-120 crims you don't have to find..

Even high level training if you do this every day in Dec its 3100 crims you don't have to get :P

I look at it the same way as this, I slow slow and steady and never achieve max xp/h so for me saving a bunch of cash or charms or whatever is far more valuable to me.

• Like 1

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15