Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, I was sorting out my garage........

Rare Items RuneScape

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
for future reference you need to use the "direct link" url listed on the right side of the image ("links to share this image"), not the link to the page with the image on it

you may also choose to put them in spoiler tags to make the page neater

for example:

what charity are you going to donate to?

8f14270694.jpg

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Looks like this thread will turn into a bidding war :P .

Posted Image

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS
I can't be the only one who finds this entire thread sketchy as hell am I?

This person has provided no sort of info on who/what he would donate the money too, worked at Jagex yet doesn't know how to post image on a forum,

I did consider using ebay, however I really like the idea of staying anonymous, I would not want my identity to effect the items.

say he wants to remain anonymous as the reason to avoid ebay...despite the fact paypal and ebay are both the same company,

To the person concerned with security: Also using paypal invoice system is really just as safe as ebay, that is why many people use it when an ebay auction doesn't go quite as high as they wanted, because they can then skip the fees and both parties can be happy. (Any regular ebay users among you may have heard of this)

and openly discusses breaking the terms of service of both ebay and paypal?!?!?

Someone is going to get screwed over by the time this thread is done with. This thread needs to be locked and hidden unless Samaritan provides some kind of proof who who he is to the TIF staff.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I don't get how he ended up posting links directly from Google Images either.

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts

I don't get how he ended up posting links directly from Google Images either.

Exactly. Who thinks "hm, rather than taking pictures of my own stuff, I'll pray I can find the exact items via Google Image search?"

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

r2winn
[ Display Name History ]

r2winn

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts

Do they have RESTRICTED or CONFIDENTIAL written at the top of each page?

This.

As long as its not breaking some contractual laws with Jagex then by all means you are allowed to post pictures as long as they aren't offensive.

They are not confidetial or restricted, no original Artwork. Possibly some published artwork.

Items include Hoodies, T-shirts (Many of which were only for staff 'Jolly' events) Runefest 2010 items and also rare 1,000,000 members party memoribilia.

I'm still finding items.

Don't you mean 2,000,000 members party memorabilia? Not trying to make fun or anything. Just asking to be sure.
Posted Image

Samaritan
[ Display Name History ]

Samaritan

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

Do they have RESTRICTED or CONFIDENTIAL written at the top of each page?

This.

As long as its not breaking some contractual laws with Jagex then by all means you are allowed to post pictures as long as they aren't offensive.

They are not confidetial or restricted, no original Artwork. Possibly some published artwork.

Items include Hoodies, T-shirts (Many of which were only for staff 'Jolly' events) Runefest 2010 items and also rare 1,000,000 members party memoribilia.

I'm still finding items.

Don't you mean 2,000,000 members party memorabilia? Not trying to make fun or anything. Just asking to be sure.

No was not aware there ever was a 2,000,000 members party? If there has been, it has been since I left the company and to be quite frank, I would be very surprised if the membership got back to 1,000,000 paying players let alone 2 million.

Samaritan
[ Display Name History ]

Samaritan

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
And to riptide mage,

Just because I am real and explain things the way they are, does not mean I am dishonest.

Quite the contrary, the whole premise of this idea is that people get things they might want, for probably a lot less than why they may be worth if they were on the open market and disadvantaged children would see the fruit of that.

Also the reason I have not stated where the funds would go is because it would likely give away my location and/or identity. Local projects would notice the gesture much more than a corporate giant.

But regarding my identity, I am 100% certain that members of your Tip it staff team would know who I am and verify/support my intentions.

Samaritan
[ Display Name History ]

Samaritan

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
Now I have gauged that there is some level of interest in said items, feel free to PM to register interest.

I will reply to anyone interested with a full list of all the items I have and then will distribute them on a first come first served basis, this is not about getting the most for each item and have people fight over stuff its just about getting a fair value for each thing and everyone who wants something, getting something.

Please consider postage and packaging costs in donation offers, also I feel personalisation should reflect a higher premium (I would think you would be happy with who I am/was when you find out) and all offers will be strictly confidential, like I believe all donations should be.

The final donations will simply be given under a 'members of the tip it community' title.

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS

Now I have gauged that there is some level of interest in said items, is it against the forums rules to post my email address so people can contact me there?

This just adds to the sketchiness even more. TIF has a PM feature for a reason.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
Why not simply post a list of all the items you have available?

But regarding my identity, I am 100% certain that members of your Tip it staff team would know who I am and verify/support my intentions.

I don't, and neither do a few of the other staff members. (haven't heard anything from the rest)
PM me if you want/other staff members.
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Samaritan
[ Display Name History ]

Samaritan

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

Now I have gauged that there is some level of interest in said items, is it against the forums rules to post my email address so people can contact me there?

This just adds to the sketchiness even more. TIF has a PM feature for a reason.

I did not know TIF had PM but now I do and that will make thing easier, thanks.

EDITED PREVIOUS POST.

Samaritan
[ Display Name History ]

Samaritan

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

Why not simply post a list of all the items you have available?

I don't, and neither do a few of the other staff members. (haven't heard anything from the rest)
PM me if you want/other staff members.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, I meant if staff knew who I was, I'm sure they would support me. My bad. :?

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U
@Samaritan - The best way is simply to put them on ebay and post us all a link via this topic.

Samaritan
[ Display Name History ]

Samaritan

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
Interest registered via pm for the 2 mech,zombie,grandor tshirts.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
I'm going to lock this thread since you have already shown that you have no interest in safely selling these items on a site that people would be comfortable with (eBay). eBay would no more give up your anonymity than PayPal would and there's no reason not to use it unless you have some kind of sketchy intentions.

We can't stop anyone from privately doing a transaction with this person, but if you do, please use common sense and good judgement. Don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, and don't hand over any money without some kind of guarantee that you will receive your items. And finally, make sure you check the Official Jagex Store before buying any items, in case they're already available there. You can even make your own as well.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rare Items, RuneScape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users