04-12-12 - The Brink of Extinction - Grandmaster Quest

Octarine

Lol I suck at the new combat style (not to say I would have done any better before, though)

I've died three times on the third room in the tunnel.

I'll try with a steel titan later

• Like 1

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

It also was easy to not get mad at the fight because I didn't have to run back and loot my grave before jumping back in. I could restock food and prayer potions, repot and try again.

The absolute best aspect of this quest. You could do this at ANY point while chasing Ga'al-Xox. It cut down on hassle tremendously and cut out an enormous amount of tedium. They deserve some serious kudos for this.

This is the sort of thing they would over look in days gone by. Glad to see that maybe they're finally learning from their mistakes..

Lol I suck at the new combat style (not to say I would have done any better before, though)

Familiars shouldn't technically work there, but if you manage it, go ahead!

Managed to get my yak to appear a few times, but couldn't access it. Reports of combat familiars working though, so gl

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

If combat familiar working, (and with scrolls!) then that would be pretty insane since titan specs regularly hit for 4k dmg :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Which one is the third room? Is that the one with the Yt-MejKot? If so, it won't heal itself if you safespot it. Probably a bug though.

hzvjpwS.gif

You used to be able to outhit them all the time before though.. But that one kept healing itself the whole time. -.-.

Took me a while before I tried magic. Was stubbornly trying to melee it. :P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Thats thw wholemechanic of the Mejkots, they heal themselves when they are attacking you, so it's best to safe spot them. Been like that since the Jad release :razz:

You can melee them if you have dreads. For some reason they stop their healing ability. Not sure if that's a bug or if its their stun effect that blocks it, if so stun abilities might also work.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You used to be able to outhit them all the time before though.. But that one kept healing itself the whole time. -.-.

Took me a while before I tried magic. Was stubbornly trying to melee it. :P.

It took me many attempts until I killed it by accidentally safespotting it. When I was meleeing it, not only would it heal itself but also the 2 mage monsters. I coud not even kill them and ran out of food.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

How come these quest bosses always have that air of "sporting fun" or "sparring" when it's me alone versus 17 enemies including the big bad of the quest? They want to "duel" me but pull such stunts as healing to full health and melting the whole floor.

• Like 4

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

How come these quest bosses always have that air of "sporting fun" or "sparring" when it's me alone versus 17 enemies including the big bad of the quest? They want to "duel" me but pull such stunts as healing to full health and melting the whole floor.

Be honest here, would it be challenging at all for you if they didn't? You're the kind of person that [bleep] slaps demon lords for a living, the least you could do is give them their fair chance.

I'd rather him be like "Blast! You've foiled my plot once again and defeated my diabolical lava chamber! I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Tz-haar and your stupid Ga'al."

• Like 3

I do agree that it's silly he can summon minions while we cannot. However let's talk about unfair "stunts":

• We have vast arrays of enchanted armours and weapons imbued with ancient secrets lost to the simple folk of this age. However we don't pick just any old pile of artifacts filled with elder might, but a specific set designed, in combination, to maximize our effectiveness against TokHaar-Hok. Including the magic ring the TzHaar gave us which makes us extra-powerful at slaying TokHaar.
  • We bring to the battle ancient ice magicks devised by otherworldly war-monsters which happen to be super-effective against lava creatures.
  • We call upon direct divine favour to enhance our prowess in battle, as well as drinking copious amounts of performance-enhancing magical potions.
  • Ha, so TokHaar-Hok wants to heal damage he has taken in battle? We'll stun him and block him from doing so, all the while carrying and consuming enough magical mutant fish to heal ourselves to full health 5 times over.
  • If we should happen to lose this battle 10 times in a row, well, that's just a trial run and we'll give it another go. However if TokHaar-Hok loses even once, then obviously we are superior and he is forced to abandon his entire race's ambitions!

;)

• Like 10

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

His race's ambitions are forfeit as his idea of honorable conduct is skulking around and messing with Tzhaar city's plumbing.

• Like 5

Drat it people, stop saying funny things that I have to 'like'. I don't know what the limit on a single topic is and don't want to find out. XD

• Like 1

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

His race's ambitions are forfeit as his idea of honorable conduct is skulking around and messing with Tzhaar city's plumbing.

The worst part is how effective it all was.

However their true goal was far more sinister. They planned nothing less than establishing a front company in the market district of Tzhaar City with the aim of selling Heat Globes purchased for a fire sale price from the residents of Ghorrok fortress during the end of the God Wars. We would have had Tzhaar-hur working horrendous overtime only to spend all of their hard earned tokkul to heat their homes and warm their eggs, with the upper castes not faring much better.

Really though, why did Hok try to murder all of the Tzhaar?

However their true goal was far more sinister. They planned nothing less than establishing a front company in the market district of Tzhaar City with the aim of selling Heat Globes purchased for a fire sale price from the residents of Ghorrok fortress during the end of the God Wars. We would have had Tzhaar-hur working horrendous overtime only to spend all of their hard earned tokkul to heat their homes and warm their eggs, with the upper castes not faring much better.

I thought Hok viewed the TzHaar as inferior/corrupt offshoots who refused to return to the Sacred Kiln, and as such decided that the best thing to do was to end their wayward race?

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I thought Hok viewed the TzHaar as inferior/corrupt offshoots who refused to return to the Sacred Kiln, and as such decided that the best thing to do was to end their wayward race?

That sounds about right, that's what I got from the quest dialogue personally. Bottom line Hok viewed TzHaar as inferior and thus took the executive decision that all ThZaar's deserved to die.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

That sounds about right, that's what I got from the quest dialogue personally. Bottom line Hok viewed TzHaar as inferior and thus took the executive decision that all ThZaar's deserved to die.

I thought their end goal was to force TzHaar to rejoin the TokHaar, by using their own champions to show them that their ways were wrong.

I thought their end goal was to force TzHaar to rejoin the TokHaar, by using their own champions to show them that their ways were wrong.

Well it seemed an ultimatum either rejoin with the TokHaar in the elder kiln or perish with no new eggs developing as they should have. Hence the reason TokHaar-Hok refused to fuse the champions tokkul with the remaining Ga'al. We only discovered the plot with the lava flow because of Ga'al-Xox's knowledge of the lava vents in the original kiln and TokHaar-Hok seemed pretty annoyed that Ga'al-Xox lead us to the vents, Hok was determined the Tzhaar would return to the kiln or face extinction.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Hok might not have meant it literally, he could have meant that all the TzHaar would have given up hope to live on as a dwindling race and are forced to return to the sacred lava, 'rejoining' the TokHaar

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)