Microtransactions

muggiwhplar

Whilst my sample is somewhat biased, I probably meet more billionaires in RS now than non billionaires. The value of a coin is at an all time low, yet armour is also incredibly low. It's created a situation where nearly everyone can buy nex gears and spirit shields without putting any effort in.

Biased? More likely totally off-base. Nearly everyone can afford Nex gears and is a billionaire???? I mean really... come on that like saying everybody should have 99 agility.

Shit its so easy now it probably won't even take 200 hours!

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The fact that you think 200 hours isn't a long time is worrying. It seems that this whole discussion is pretty subjective. I see 200 hours as a more than adequate amount of time to acquire the second best armour in the game.

You could probably get all three in 200 hours, considering all you need is void and about 5m to start with

Another thing I don't understand is why are people complaining about not being able to use lvl 80 gear? Most of these people are doing slayer. You don't need lvl 80 gear to slay. For the longest, Pernix was only used mainly for Nex and occasionally Arma, but people who had the armor usually only Nexed with it. I got 99 slayer using Bandos, not Torva. People really need to stop diluting themselves, and with the armor updates they don't even need lvl 80 armor.

They just want the highest armor to feel good about themselves, not because it's necessary.

Well nobody really wants it anymore. People wanted it in the past because it was ridiculously OP compared to the next-best gear. And mostly for PvP and competitive bossing, not slayer.

Except people are still complaining that it is too expensive, even when it is so easy to get. I just hate how no one wants to put any work into anything. I went from nothing, literally nothing, to max cash twice. I'm not saying it was easy, just you can't just expect to be lucky or to have things handed to you.

It depends on what your idea of "work" is. I don't mind working for 20 hours to get the best gear, but 200? Uhh, no thanks.

Like I said, 200 hours for all 3 sets, not just 1. That sounds about right. At least faster than the PoP gear.

And if people don't want to put in that time, they shouldn't complain about it, especially now that there are suitable replacements.

The fact that you think 200 hours isn't a long time is worrying. It seems that this whole discussion is pretty subjective. I see 200 hours as a more than adequate amount of time to acquire the second best armour in the game.

My personal time scale is pretty off whack for someone who would play a game like this. Actually, if you asked me to play a game like this today I'd probably just laugh at you five minutes, take a minute or two to catch my breath, and then resume laughing at you until my diaphragm gives up ('a game like this' meaning grinding). People talk about 99's being 'easy' to get, and over here I'd consider anything past the 90-94 level range to be less fun than mandatory unpaid overtime. I'm pretty sure the only reason I've ever gotten one is that I did it with other people my first time, and learned how to force myself to do it. By the time it sucks, I fall victim to 'good money after bad' and figure that I already put so much into it that I might as well finish. This is why I have exactly zero skills between 90 and 99.

It depends on what your idea of "work" is. I don't mind working for 20 hours to get the best gear, but 200? Uhh, no thanks.

Like I said, 200 hours for all 3 sets, not just 1. That sounds about right. At least faster than the PoP gear.

And if people don't want to put in that time, they shouldn't complain about it, especially now that there are suitable replacements.

Difference with PoP is that you dont stand in PoP mindlessly doing the grinding to get the PoP armor, but for the cash required getting Nex gear, you'd have to actually dedicate 200 hours of nothing but earning money so you'd get the armor (and that's not for the best armor either).

PoP requires less attention (since most of it is behind the scenes like farming), barely any capital required (comparable to MTK's daily gold drain), and you, at the end, would end up with the best armor in the game.

To me, PoP wins, by miles.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

No one said obtaining the best armour in the game would either be easy or fun, though :P

Not sure if this a tongue in cheek remark or not. Everything you do in the game should be fun. That is why it's a game. Runescape has become more of a job for most...

w4M8t.png

No one said obtaining the best armour in the game would either be easy or fun, though :P

I guess we can all agree it should be!

I personally find it insane to have to grind 200 hours to achieve an armour set ingame, people who said "just" 200 hours seem to be able to play 10 a day and even like that it will take almost a month to get. I really really doubt the avg scaper plays that much

Just playing 5 hours a days is pretty much and like that you're looking at yourself gathering GP for what.. 2 months straight?

Doesnt sound like fun

• Like 1

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

I personally find it insane to have to grind 200 hours to achieve an armour set ingame, people who said "just" 200 hours seem to be able to play 10 a day and even like that it will take almost a month to get. I really really doubt the avg scaper plays that much

Just playing 5 hours a days is pretty much and like that you're looking at yourself gathering GP for what.. 2 months straight?

Doesnt sound like fun

Who has time to play 5 hours a day? I can get in maybe an hour or two every couple of days....

w4M8t.png

Doesnt sound like fun

Who has time to play 5 hours a day? I can get in maybe an hour or two every couple of days....

We're in a similar position

Im not familiar with the avg type of rs player, thou I would assume its a teenager with some spare time :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Assuming 1m/hr is average income now and 500k/hr is average for 2007 players, with bandos set 40m then and nex sets 80m now (virtus and pernix dropped to ~80m on PoP release and I'm confident they'll drop to that once the armor becomes widespread) both will take the same amount of grinding. Of course neither of the armor comes close to being required for anything in 2007 nor 2012.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Not sure if this a tongue in cheek remark or not. Everything you do in the game should be fun. That is why it's a game. Runescape has become more of a job for most...

Agreed. I still play the game after 10 years because I find it entertaining. There is no other reason to play and spending an inordinate amount of time repeating a task like gathering funds for armour that isn't even end game content is not fun for me therefore I won't do it.

Sylpheed.png

Agreed. I still play the game after 10 years because I find it entertaining. There is no other reason to play and spending an inordinate amount of time repeating a task like gathering funds for armour that isn't even end game content is not fun for me therefore I won't do it.

Perhaps at some point spending that time grinding may actually become fun, though. I remember 94-99 hunter was very much entertaining for me, probably also because I was honing in on the cape at last, and I definitely enjoyed every minute of Nexing for gear, even though my career there got off to a very rough start.

To each their own :)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Jagex should make that RuneScape's new slogan: "No one said this game would be easy or fun!" :D

I know of a couple of games that already use slogans like that.

Dark souls and Dwarf Fortress being prime examples. The former is created by a masochist and the latter's slogan being "losing is fun" with the sole goal of having your fortress destroyed in the most horrible manner possible.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Perhaps at some point spending that time grinding may actually become fun, though. I remember 94-99 hunter was very much entertaining for me, probably also because I was honing in on the cape at last, and I definitely enjoyed every minute of Nexing for gear, even though my career there got off to a very rough start.

To each their own :)

It is entirely subjective and I wouldn't call anyone a liar if they said they had fun grinding out the hours to buy Nex armour as players find different things entertaining.

For me I don't think the the effort involved in getting Nex armour is reflected in its use. As I said before, Nex should never have been made as difficult as she is for level 80 armour as Jagex just boxed themselves into a corner for when they do eventually release level 90+ armour.

Sylpheed.png

For me I don't think the the effort involved in getting Nex armour is reflected in its use. As I said before, Nex should never have been made as difficult as she is for level 80 armour as Jagex just boxed themselves into a corner for when they do eventually release level 90+ armour.

In this case, they might have been taking power creep into account.

In this case, they might have been taking power creep into account.

At the time the reward was sort of worth the effort required to gain the gear, experience, and time taken to obtain it.

Now...not so much.

hzvjpwS.gif