World 1, 16 both P2P along with 10 others

Arceus

Sure, but on the flipside if I started a game and it took me twenty minutes to see another player because the world population was so low I would quit immediately too. This will ensure there is greater chance of meeting legit players, and new F2p generally need help finding their way around RuneScape.

• Like 3

<*checks world list*>

Good thing I quit IdiotScape already. Investors and Jagex's current staff are DEFINITELY trying to kill off F2P. Makes me wish Andrew Gower would come back and take everything back over. At least he KNEW how to keep everything on an even keel. I would suggest that as many P2P as possible cancel their subscriptions until Jagex gets it through their heads not to kill what made them. You know, F2P-gone-P2P... Heck, last I heard, there were a lot of P2P'ers already upset by Jagex doing these bad things to F2P. Unfortunately, the only way that Jagex will understand is via a hit to their cash pockets, the only spot where a point can be put across. dry.gif

~Mr. D. V. "Glad to be RS-less!" Devnull

(p.s.: Seems like all big businesses end up falling down into this death pit.)

My thoughts exactly. I'm reminded of the time when F2P was taken off the hiscores. The moderators didn't even believe their own excuses (the responses were very likely scripted). Glad to have quit this game when Jagex was ramping up its assault on F2P.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

oh, down to ~16 worlds, hm I guess I will be seeing a few more people. It does make me wish I had bitten the bullet and finished mining.

Does this mean that there will be less low level resources coming into the game? Or has p2p now shifted to supplying the resources?

oh, down to ~16 worlds, hm I guess I will be seeing a few more people. It does make me wish I had bitten the bullet and finished mining.

Does this mean that there will be less low level resources coming into the game? Or has p2p now shifted to supplying the resources?

It'd be safe to assume that P2P is providing the resources.

I'm still a bit shocked that W1 and W16 went Members, though. Those have been mainstays of the F2P game. Hopefully someone at Jagex knows what they're doing with this move.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

<*checks world list*>

Good thing I quit IdiotScape already. Investors and Jagex's current staff are DEFINITELY trying to kill off F2P. Makes me wish Andrew Gower would come back and take everything back over. At least he KNEW how to keep everything on an even keel. I would suggest that as many P2P as possible cancel their subscriptions until Jagex gets it through their heads not to kill what made them. You know, F2P-gone-P2P... Heck, last I heard, there were a lot of P2P'ers already upset by Jagex doing these bad things to F2P. Unfortunately, the only way that Jagex will understand is via a hit to their cash pockets, the only spot where a point can be put across. <_<

I agree that Jagex does indeed seem to be trying to kill off F2P, inadvertently or not. Unfortunately, members cancelling their subscriptions won't do anything at this point, though, as Jagex wouldn't even see the results of that for another three months, and would just assume it was the aftereffects of EOC.

The worlds are so crowded now... it's ridiculous, I cannot fathom why Jagex did so much. Even disused skilling spots have competition, and after going for 2 months+ without seeing a scammer or gambler in my homeworld... I saw more then 10 in the space of two hours. This was a horrible move on Jagex's part....

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

<*checks world list*>

Good thing I quit IdiotScape already. Investors and Jagex's current staff are DEFINITELY trying to kill off F2P. Makes me wish Andrew Gower would come back and take everything back over. At least he KNEW how to keep everything on an even keel. I would suggest that as many P2P as possible cancel their subscriptions until Jagex gets it through their heads not to kill what made them. You know, F2P-gone-P2P... Heck, last I heard, there were a lot of P2P'ers already upset by Jagex doing these bad things to F2P. Unfortunately, the only way that Jagex will understand is via a hit to their cash pockets, the only spot where a point can be put across. <_<

Feel free to stop posting in the RS section if all you're going to do is have a tantrum and mention how happy you are to not be playing anymore.

• Like 8

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Horrible to see World 1 & 16 become a P2p worlds :cry:

World 1 has been F2p since Day 1 of RS. World 16 was the FFA World.

Why don't they just Buy more Servers & make them P2p?

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Horrible to see World 1 & 16 become a P2p worlds :cry:

World 1 has been F2p since Day 1 of RS. World 16 was the FFA World.

Why don't they just Buy more Servers & make them P2p?

Buying servers so free to play worlds can remain 1/4 full is like making sure the hobo, who lives in the dumpster outside your window, has a nice big recliner in there so he can feel comfortable.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Some f2pers think they should have a lot of variety when choosing a game world in their free game at the expense of Jagex.

I have been out of touch with F2p for years ever since I became a full-time member(well I would cancel P2p sometimes, but when I did, I would take a break from RS rather than return to F2p) but the news that there are less F2pers than P2pers was completely shocking to me. Even more shocking to me was that F2p is dying. Now I have been playing for years, and the way memory(in general) - as one person explained it to me - works is that as you grow more distant from events, you don't actually recall the events as you did, rather you recall the last time you recalled the event. So often, you suddenly "recall" things that might not have exactly happened, or they didn't happen in the way you recalled them. Anyways, I wanted to put that out there because I was wondering, when I think of the F2p from years ago, I don't know exactly what year but I think around 2006-2008, the number of P2p'ers was around 1 million, and there were 9-10 million semi-active F2pers around. Was that actually the case anywhere in the period I mentioned(2006-2008), or is my memory acting funny or nostalgic re-imagining things? Can someone confirm that?

Also, how many P2pers, and F2pers are there now? Does anyone know? The decline of F2pers is not a good sign.

I don't have documented statistics on hand, but your memory seems to be correct. As for now you can get an upper bound on the number of paying players from looking at the hiscores and subtracting off some fraction estimated to be trial members or P2P players not yet wiped off the hiscores.

Presumably there are estimates for the number of free players now but sadly, those are beyond me.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Also, how many P2pers, and F2pers are there now? Does anyone know? The decline of F2pers is not a good sign.

Currently online: 10700 F2P players and 66000 P2P players.

I meant a rough estimate on the total amount of semi-active players, but this is helpful too; thanks. The stats indicate it isn't as bad as I thought(assuming these are indicative of the overall active players), but it's still a very stark decline from just a few years ago.

Though P2P probably has the larger percentage of bots, especially thanks to the free trial.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering, sorry if it's a bit off-topic: F2P accounts still have the 25k unbalanced trade restriction on them, right? Does this apply for trial members too? (One would hope that it does, but knowing Jagex...) If yes, how do they transfer the wealth generated? Is it still possible to do that with the red clan wars portal?

Trial members have the trade restrictions, but they are removed once you purchase membership.

I had no idea the F2P population had declined so badly. I mean, I knew a lot of people in game were bots before the Nuke (and, in fairness, a lot of P2P were bots as well) and the number of "people" online had dropped precipitously after the Nuke but I had no idea it had gotten so bad. In that case, changing some of the servers to P2P makes a lot more sense.

Perhaps it's not that Jagex is trying to kill off F2P as people are suggesting, perhaps, as sad as it is to consider, we're simply starting to reach the inevitable conclusion of RuneScape's lifespan. :(

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Some f2pers think they should have a lot of variety when choosing a game world in their free game at the expense of Jagex.

Why not axe any other world instead of world 1?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

we're simply starting to reach the inevitable conclusion of RuneScape's lifespan. :(

So because the total amount of F2P players is going down, RuneScape's life is gonna end?

Ok.

No, not necessarily. I was simply reflecting on the fact that there seem to be about 1/5 as many people in free worlds as member worlds, when it used to be the other way around. That, and the total number of players in general is much lower than it used to be. Honestly, I hope it's simply because the trial is working and people are getting membership much sooner. I have no desire for night to fall over the land of Gelienor.

I'm wondering that as well. World 1 has long been a major trading point for F2P'ers, going all the way back to pre-G.E. times. Everything seems to have moved to w3 now, but why didn't they make w3 P2P instead?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Though P2P probably has the larger percentage of bots, especially thanks to the free trial.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering, sorry if it's a bit off-topic: F2P accounts still have the 25k unbalanced trade restriction on them, right? Does this apply for trial members too? (One would hope that it does, but knowing Jagex...) If yes, how do they transfer the wealth generated? Is it still possible to do that with the red clan wars portal?

The red portal in clan wars does not work-if, under the trade limit, you die with more than 25k on you, only 25k is dropped and the rest of the items disappear permanently.

we're simply starting to reach the inevitable conclusion of RuneScape's lifespan. sad.gif

So because the total amount of F2P players is going down, RuneScape's life is gonna end?

Ok.

No, not necessarily. I was simply reflecting on the fact that there seem to be about 1/5 as many people in free worlds as member worlds, when it used to be the other way around. That, and the total number of players in general is much lower than it used to be. Honestly, I hope it's simply because the trial is working and people are getting membership much sooner. I have no desire for night to fall over the land of Gelienor.

I'm wondering that as well. World 1 has long been a major trading point for F2P'ers, going all the way back to pre-G.E. times. Everything seems to have moved to w3 now, but why didn't they make w3 P2P instead?

I guess it's just a publicity stunt to make a statement.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Jagex's mind is like an enigma.

Trial members have the trade restrictions, but they are removed once you purchase membership.

The red portal in clan wars does not work-if, under the trade limit, you die with more than 25k on you, only 25k is dropped and the rest of the items disappear permanently.

Interesting...so they actually have to buy membership to transfer the gp? Or is there another method?

No. The only way to lift this restriction is to purchase membership. After that, there are no restrictions even if the membership lapses.

If I remember correctly, this was implemented shortly after the Nuke.