FIX THE 50% GLITCH

Youmu

Ok, every time I go into Lumbridge, Falador, Port Sarim, Al Kharid, Wizard's Tower or ANY OTHER FREAKING NEW GRAPHICALLY UPDATED AREA.

The game shows "Loading (50%)".

And then it FREEZES.

And then I have to spend an extra few minutes reloading the game.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

This glitch has been present since 2007. Why isn't this dumb thing fixed yet.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

And you've tried holding "S" on your keyboard for Safe Mode while RS is starting up? :huh:

~D. V. "Just checking..." Devnull

(p.s.: I'm trying not to dump a [bleep]-load of Anti-Jagex, Anti-RS hate into this thread...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I have also only experienced it this year, the same places as Sonikku mentioned, plus POH tele. Although yesterday, I was totally shocked when I actually managed to take the lodestone to Al Kharid and DIDN'T get the 50% bug as usual. I've even tried running to Al Kharid from Falador, and sure enough, every time I reach the goblins outside Al Kharid I get the 50%.

That works, yes, but we shouldn't have to clear the cache every day in order to play.

And you've tried holding "S" on your keyboard for Safe Mode while RS is starting up? :huh:

Again, we shouldn't have to do this in order to make the game run. It's horribly frustrating.

• Like 4

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think me and few friends found a fix to this. I personally haven't had the glitch in month or so. Friends said its working for them as well. Its really simple too.

Go to graphical settings, turn Lighting Detail to HIGH. We have everything else at lowest possible (except resolution is any). Hope it helps you as well!

Edit; heres a screenshot of the settings try to replicate them and see if it works for you (Display mode is DirectX)

HGz23.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

I'll give it a try and see what happens, but why would turning the lighting detail to high fix this?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'll give it a try and see what happens, but why would turning the lighting detail to high fix this?

Honestly I have no idea :/

All I know is the glitch happens in areas where theres been graphical update in the past year. This obviously doesn't work for everyone cause jagex would of fixed it already if it was so simple. But if it helps even a few people I think it's worth trying considering the glitch is really annoying

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

I get this problem once in a while while lodestoning to Port Sarim (which I do a lot now, guess why) and it is quite annoying. Sometimes if I wait a minute while it's stuck at 50%, it might eventually work and load without crashing. It can't possibly be the "graphics being too high" because this system can run Skyrim on max settings without a single hiccup. Runescape is RAGGLE FRAGGES in comparison.

Funny thing is, on my shittier computer (got this current one a month ago) I never had this 50% loading problem. It's obviously some stupid compatibility issue that Jagex needs to sort out. Not much you can do about it but wait for a fix, really.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The only time I ever get this glitch is when I play on WIndows, I have yet to see it when playing via Linux. Perhaps there is some I/O blocking with their map loading subroutine which is triggered based on some hard disk configuration? When the last time I had a 50% loading glitch occur, my hard disk was spinning, but the usage from JagexLauncher/Java was 0. I will watch my system more closely next time I get it to see if there is anything I can forward on to Jagex.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I also frequently get this glitch... it really is about time they fix it. When doing the Rune Mysteries quest, i got the glitch no less then 8 times. Play for 10 seconds, enter a new area, glitch, reload rs, rinse and repeat.

Running the game in Open GL has made it occur less frequently for me, so if anyone isn't doing that, might be worth trying, but it still doesn't totally fix the problem.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Oh god, don't even mention the new Rune Mysteries quest. It took me over two hours to finish because it got stuck on "Loading 50%" pretty much every time I changed areas or started a new cutscene. :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

(for my laptop that runs windows 7)

What i tried against it was

- be sure to have your internet browser and runescape closed

- uninstal your runescape client

- go to your start menu and type in on the search bar %temp% and press enter

- delete all the files in this temporary file

- go to the runescape mainpage and download the client again and voila! Bug was gone for me

Cleaning up your %temp% file is also adviced to do this every now and then btw. This for several reaons

a. Virus/trojans or whatever often nestle them self in that file

b. Temporary files are there and hardly have a function at all

c. this file can become huge if you dont clean up every now and then. This can reduce the speed of your computer if you let it go to far

On my normal pc that runs windows 8, i did not had this problem since buying it in july 2012

I hope this helps for you too! if not, atleast you have a clean Temp file now ;-)

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch