Old old .midi music as .mp3

Wkw

Hello. Over the past few months I've been slowly converting all 416 of the older music .midi files from before the game switched the music format.. I've been doing this so I can personally put them on my ipod for a nostalga induced wingasm. I've tweaked them so that they sound as close as possible to how they have sounded on every single of my older Windows PCs.

So now I'm interested in sharing my work, that is, if there is sufficient demand and if the mods would allow it. Not sure what the policy here is anymore.. If it is forbidden then there is nothing I can do.

So, for you people who have been here for at least five years and have a keen ear for midi-based sounds, do you want those midi-based sounds in .mp3 format for your fancy ipods what whatnot? The filesize isn't light, 1.4GB uncompressed..

-

Until I get a reply from Jagex saying they aren't allowed, you can download them here

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndw54e3899j5m

Rar, no password, structure is fairly obvious. T has all but 5 of the tracks that start with T, T-V has five T tracks, because the single file limit wouldn't allow T.rar to be any larger

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Unfortunately I think the fact that there is a possibility for the file to contain malicious content, that such things are not allowed (though I could very well be mistaken). But I must say, I would certainly like very much to hear the old tunes for nostalia's sake. Perhaps you could upload some of the tracks to an audio or video host so they could be enjoyed?

@Thus

They are quite different in my opinion.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

There are many services such as SoundCloud you could use to host them. I would contact Jagex via Email ([email protected]), YouTube (Runescape), or Twittter (@RuneScape) and see if you can get permission to do so.

Perhaps Jagex may decide to sell the music.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Unfortunately I think the fact that there is a possibility for the file to contain malicious content, that such things are not allowed (though I could very well be mistaken). But I must say, I would certainly like very much to hear the old tunes for nostalia's sake. Perhaps you could upload some of the tracks to an audio or video host so they could be enjoyed?

@Thus

They are quite different in my opinion.

How can you seriously believe that a mp3 can contain malicious data? I don't remember RS players being so paranoid when I used to play..

There are many services such as SoundCloud you could use to host them. I would contact Jagex via Email ([email protected]), YouTube (Runescape), or Twittter (@RuneScape) and see if you can get permission to do so.

I would do this, but the chances of actually getting a reply thatr is yes or no is so slim I do not wish to even waste my time with writing a message.

How can you seriously believe that a mp3 can contain malicious data? I don't remember RS players being so paranoid when I used to play..

Because it can. Any file can contain viruses. I don't think you're distributing viruses, but there are malicious links every once in a while on this forum.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing the music, but you really should ask Jagex first.

Until I get a reply from Jagex saying they aren't allowed, you can download them here

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndw54e3899j5m

Rar, no password, structure is fairly obvious. T has all but 5 of the tracks that start with T, T-V has five T tracks, because the single file limit wouldn't allow T.rar to be any larger

http://www.mediafire.../?ndw54e3899j5m

Awesome, thank-you. Do you have G-I?

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

• 2 months later...

Do you think this could be moved to the 2007 section? Being with the fact that these are mostly the old school songs in mp3 format..

Thanks

Moved, as requested. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This isn't 2006 where viruses were everywhere. If you don't want to download it, don't. Please don't try to claim/accuse/question if they contain viruses. It is quite insulting to me personally.

• 6 years later...