Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What even? Tiered memberships for bonus perks

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

The 12-month is a pretty good deal considering you get 2000 runecoins with it. Of course you're banking on the assumption you'll still be playing for the next year.

Yup the 2k package normally is $50. If they get rid of the loyalty shop like they look like doing, it might be a good investment for good auras later down the line but...honestly? [bleep] that noise. Auras don't give a substantial enough bonus to pay actual cash for.

hzvjpwS.gif

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
When will this special be available, or is it already available? I'll definitely be getting this deal. I've always wanted a katana, and the extra runecoins won't hurt either.

EDIT: Got it. :).

Instantly added to my account. :o.
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
Already available on the subscription page. Oddly enough you can still buy the regular 3 and 6 month packages which are exactly the same price.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
How long will this be around for? I'll probably buy it when I get back from holiday.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

When will this special be available, or is it already available? I'll definitely be getting this deal. I've always wanted a katana, and the extra runecoins won't hurt either.

EDIT: Got it. :).

Instantly added to my account. :o.

Pics of katana please :D Or is it just the same one from the membership cards?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
New paladin outfit + katana:
Posted Image

Can re-colour the area I have golden.
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Ehh... wasn't as great as I thought it'd be :P

Not like I wouldn't buy it anyway

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alphanos
[ Display Name History ]

Alphanos

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 330 posts

Requires giving up the loyalty rate to do this.

It's worth stating that the above is incorrect. Just as with redeeming a gift card, this is considered a one-time event and not a recurring agreement. So if you're currently grandfathered into the older/cheaper membership rate, you will automatically resume paying that monthly rate once the year of membership credit is used up. Of course, they may make other changes by then or offer more similar packages; some have even speculated that Runescape may end up going free to play supported entirely by microtransactions.

But if we assume the status quo will be maintained and you currently have the old rate, then you're paying $15 for 2,000 runecoins (regularly ~$40), 365 spins (regularly ~$75), a bunch of old decorative items from the gift cards, and the new decorative paladin outfit. Personally I wasn't planning to shell out ~$25 for one of these new pets, but using half of the runecoins from this new package seems like a more palatable deal.

One thing that confuses me about this new paladin outfit is that I had thought they were soon going to release a paladin outfit related to Sir Owen. Maybe the quests involving him have been delayed, or were always scheduled for further away than we had thought.
Alphanos
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Requires giving up the loyalty rate to do this.

It's worth stating that the above is incorrect. Just as with redeeming a gift card, this is considered a one-time event and not a recurring agreement. So if you're currently grandfathered into the older/cheaper membership rate, you will automatically resume paying that monthly rate once the year of membership credit is used up.

It's completely correct -- taking that offer will, for a 12 month period, lose you that low cost per month. You will have it available to you after a year...assuming that mid way through the 12 month period they don't remove that ability altogether if you don't have it as your active subscription...but you're paying more, aka losing the loyalty rate, in lieu of the "premium membership."

Thought that was pretty obvious what I meant but I guess not.

hzvjpwS.gif

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
Grrr i'm on holiday till january no free cash. Is it only available for credit card or can you use gamecards?

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I think I'll take a miss on this. I'm happy enough with my twice grandfathered membership rate, and since I don't play as much as I used to, I'm happy to just keep shelling out the $60 a year and leaving it at that.

b6brc9.jpg

Flabberwocky
[ Display Name History ]

Flabberwocky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Flabberwocky
  • Clan:36th Chamber
I wish their marketing team was more adept at timing this with a front-page news-post and a forum thread. People easily saw the different subscription tiers on the Subscription Page, as well as in the in-game Chat Box, before a forum thread or post could clarify how long the plans would last (i.e. is it just a Holiday special?), why they are calling it a "Premier Club", and so forth.

What bothers me though is that, especially after reading through this thread, some of these deals are excellent, if not solid - even the Bronze tier one, considering that an outfit on SGS can sell for 260-1K+ RuneCoin, is good. The RuneScape community has always been very reactionary and this easily could have been much better timed. It would be awful if good membership deals were dragged into a microtransaction debate before they are even properly "launched." I mean, earlier today Mod Mark was on Reddit doing an AMA; their CM team has never been stronger (they're on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube - I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up on Pinterest quicker than you can say "Penguin").

At the very least, it'll only be half a day before we see these announcements (I hope).

(An aside: Isn't it unbelievable that <12 hours, [insert social media spiel], is enough time to generate a marketing snafu? I remember when the Official Forums had an entire month to properly pickle a BTS, now we sort of pre-empt even the announcements. :P)

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I'm confused at what was said before. If I buy the 12 month subscription, what will I pay after the 12 months are over? The same rate as right now?

Flabberwocky
[ Display Name History ]

Flabberwocky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Flabberwocky
  • Clan:36th Chamber

I'm confused at what was said before. If I buy the 12 month subscription, what will I pay after the 12 months are over? The same rate as right now?

Yep. Since it's a one-time payment once the time you paid for (i.e. the 12 month subscription) lapses, they will resume charging you your usual $5.00 per month rate.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
The only thing I am missing now is the recolor of PoP armors, specifically Tetsu armor. Give me a Red/Gold/Black color scheme with a Katana, and I'll die a happier man.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Hobgoblinpie
[ Display Name History ]

Hobgoblinpie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,824 posts
  • RSN:Mansion

Pardon my negativity, but this smells of a desperation move from a failing company. At least, that's my opinion on the matter. :(

~D. V. "And I used to think Jagex couldn't fail..." Devnull

(Edit: p.s.: If you're going to get crazy mad at me, just don't mind my opinion and move along, please.)

Why are you still on these forums if you hate the game?

Attention whoring has no specific realm. D. V. Has just chosen here.

I don't buy subscriptions in a big package because I'm often not sure I'll continue playing for a month. But, if someone is certain they'll play for a year, they should definitely go for it.

~ H. O. "These things aren't funny, and never will be" Bgoblinpie

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
must..get...gold...membership. Any idea how much that will cost in £s? hate when Jagex use $ in valuations.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
I'm pretty sure that buying the package won't destroy a previous loyalty rate subscription since the way it is set up, it would still be active, but it won't actually charge you anything until your days run out again.

Also, that paladin outfit explains a lot, I thought at some point they had remodeled 3rd age armor and didn't say anything about it lol

being able to pick up all of the previous bonuses without having to buy the cumulative days for all of them is pretty good though, even if only a handful are actually worth using

ofc the katana would have been much more fun as a reskin

(if you were able to use the flaming skull with the captain outfits it would have made a great lechuck)

8f14270694.jpg

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

must..get...gold...membership. Any idea how much that will cost in £s? hate when Jagex use $ in valuations.

46. Took two seconds to google it :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts

46. Took two seconds to google it :P

Just logged into membership part of website yeah, £44.95. definately buying after christmas, will cost me little more than buying membership monthly at £3.50, but can't miss the perks.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users