Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What even? Tiered memberships for bonus perks

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
Oh Man, the 1y bundle is great Value, specially since I pay the new cost of Membership. I'll totally buy it after i pay my tuitions

Pardon my negativity, but this smells of a desperation move from a failing company. At least, that's my opinion on the matter. :(

~D. V. "And I used to think Jagex couldn't fail..." Devnull

(Edit: p.s.: If you're going to get crazy mad at me, just don't mind my opinion and move along, please.)

Didn't you quit the game because you couldn't use a fire staff with a anti-dragon shield or something? Why does this matter to you then, D. V. "I'm trying too hard" Devnull?

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
I don't have a problem with it, and that title is a little bit misleading. This are just packages that include Runescape membership, there's nothing about the membership system itself that is changed by this.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Warlover
[ Display Name History ]

Warlover

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • RSN:Warlover
  • RSN2:Moki

To be honest I'm not bothered by this at all, it's no different than the promotional crap for the gift cards. But hey! They brought back year-long memberships! *dance*

You can subscribe with these packages with a credit card. Unless you're talking about the fact that credit card subscribers were screwed out on the items previously in which case ignore this.

Requires giving up the loyalty rate to do this. Whether its worth it is up for debate. (in regards to year-long purchases)

You're basically paying $15 (the difference between the loyalty rate and the month-rate with the 12month package) for 2k runecoins and a chance to shake Mod Mark's hand. Yeah you get one extra spin per day, not really worth it

No it doesn't, you only lose your loyalty rate if your memberships lapses. As long as you buy the 12 month package while you have membership you'll be fine.
-- 2001 Starter --
Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
Question, the "Decorative Katana" is the same as the "Ornate Katana", correct?

The gold one is tempting as it's a pretty decent offer, but I could get away with the bronze one as I have all the bonus items the gold offers.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Question, the "Decorative Katana" is the same as the "Ornate Katana", correct?

The gold one is tempting as it's a pretty decent offer, but I could get away with the bronze one as I have all the bonus items the gold offers.

From what I've seen in terms of picture etc the Decorative Katana IS the Ornate Katana; I think whoever posted about that just got wrong name or something. Especially as Jagex wiki does still only list 3 katanas - Decorative, Golden and Auspicious which are game card, amazon promo and sof respectively.
The gold package is pretty sweet of all the 'vanity items' all that is missed is Golden Katana from the Amazon US wallet game buy thing, the Ice Mask from last years 'buy 2 for 1 membership now and get this mask free' thing and the Carnival Headdress given out free whenever that event was.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

No it doesn't, you only lose your loyalty rate if your memberships lapses. As long as you buy the 12 month package while you have membership you'll be fine.

And for those 12 months, you're paying over the loyalty rate -- thus losing the rate to take this offer.

Why is that so hard to understand @_@

hzvjpwS.gif

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

And for those 12 months, you're paying over the loyalty rate -- thus losing the rate to take this offer.

I think because your word choice is poor.
As the grandfathered rates are unobtainable if you lose them people read losing the rate as meaning you cannot have it again.

So given the context to say you lose the loyalty rate is kinda wrong as you will retain it in the long term; though of course your point is valid that for the period of 12 months in which you are using this package you have paid more than the usual loyalty rate.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
Seems the packages are not available on Ideal (yet) :(.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
Seems like a pretty good deal even for those of us still paying £3.20/$5 a month.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
Due to the recent influx of disposable income I have I'll most definitely be getting the year long package. Those perks are just too tasty to ignore.

Sumpta
[ Display Name History ]

Sumpta

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • RSN:Sunta
This thread seems to have a different effect on people than intended by the OP. Thanks for the heads-up :grin:.

I just bought the golden membership -- after my long lapse of two years and my renewal a few months ago, I had to pay 6,95 € a month. Now it's 5,41 €. Thanks to player owned ports I didn't hesitate about the year long commitment either.

You instantly get all the perks, except the extra spin, btw.

InsaneChef
[ Display Name History ]

InsaneChef

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Pen chef
I got gold but my bank was full and diango only has the staff and scarecrow mask. have i lost them? :(
Runescape player since 6th November, 2003
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

I got gold but my bank was full and diango only has the staff and scarecrow mask. have i lost them? :(

Talk to him and ask him about other items, you will see them there.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I can't find any information either way, just do the loyalty points for auras (etc.) carry on coming if you buy this? You'd have to presume so, but I can't find confirmation of it.

Vann
[ Display Name History ]

Vann

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RSN:Vann
  • RSN '07:VannGeaux
  • Clan:Looking for a clan
I got gold and got my items (only kept skull bc it's all I wanted)... I hadn't done my spins from yesterday so when I did them I had 3! And spent my runecoins on the blaze pet (pokemon) and a insta growth (rare candy?) and the tok warlord armor! Love Gold!

Peace,
Vann

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
As far as I know, Loyalty points come as long as you are member, not when you pay. I do not see any reason why it should stop awarding Loyalty points. My Loyalty payout is 7 days behind my usual payment date, so they are not tied with each other.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Warlover
[ Display Name History ]

Warlover

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • RSN:Warlover
  • RSN2:Moki

My bad, I read your message as regarding the loyalty points system not the grandfather/father rates.

Not sure I want to lose my grandfather rate but at the same time the year package is great value....
-- 2001 Starter --
Posted Image

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Loyalty points are awarded to me 3 days after my direct debit when my 30th day of membership comes around, DD takes payment on the 27th day.
LP should theoretically be awarded every 30th day your a member. it has nothing to do with payment date.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
I still pay 4.6 euros a month, if I can keep this price after the golden package, I will get that premiership. Sad thing is I cannot find an answer anywhere about it.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I remember reading losing your old rate if you lost membership for more than 2 weeks, so on that basis your old rate should be protected as long as you buy monthly membership back as soon as your years subscription ends, or within a 2 week period. Would be good to know 100% though, i don't want to lose my £3.20 rate either.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users