What even? Tiered memberships for bonus perks

Sirknudsen

This thread seems to have a different effect on people than intended by the OP. Thanks for the heads-up :grin:.

I just bought the golden membership -- after my long lapse of two years and my renewal a few months ago, I had to pay 6,95 € a month. Now it's 5,41 €. Thanks to player owned ports I didn't hesitate about the year long commitment either.

You instantly get all the perks, except the extra spin, btw.

I got gold but my bank was full and diango only has the staff and scarecrow mask. have i lost them? :(

Talk to him and ask him about other items, you will see them there.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I got gold and got my items (only kept skull bc it's all I wanted)... I hadn't done my spins from yesterday so when I did them I had 3! And spent my runecoins on the blaze pet (pokemon) and a insta growth (rare candy?) and the tok warlord armor! Love Gold!

Peace,

Vann

• Like 1

As far as I know, Loyalty points come as long as you are member, not when you pay. I do not see any reason why it should stop awarding Loyalty points. My Loyalty payout is 7 days behind my usual payment date, so they are not tied with each other.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

No it doesn't, you only lose your loyalty rate if your memberships lapses. As long as you buy the 12 month package while you have membership you'll be fine.

And for those 12 months, you're paying over the loyalty rate -- thus losing the rate to take this offer.

Why is that so hard to understand @_@

My bad, I read your message as regarding the loyalty points system not the grandfather/father rates.

Not sure I want to lose my grandfather rate but at the same time the year package is great value....

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Loyalty points are awarded to me 3 days after my direct debit when my 30th day of membership comes around, DD takes payment on the 27th day.

LP should theoretically be awarded every 30th day your a member. it has nothing to do with payment date.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I remember reading losing your old rate if you lost membership for more than 2 weeks, so on that basis your old rate should be protected as long as you buy monthly membership back as soon as your years subscription ends, or within a 2 week period. Would be good to know 100% though, i don't want to lose my £3.20 rate either.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

No one is permanently losing the old rate unless they lapse membership. Kimberly is talking about getting 12 months for higher than the grandfather rate, but her poor choice of lose effectively made everyone confused.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It's not just Kim's miswording that's making people question if they're going to lose their current membership rate, the RSOF topic on this is full of people asking the same thing. It's at 10 pages so far with no official answer.

[qfc]294-295-113-64148397[/qfc]

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That doesn't mean it's not a great deal, particulary for people without the grandfather price. Every single subscription/Microtransaction bundles in the world work like that. You get more bang for your buck the higher your commitment is. If you dno't want to buy the 1y bundle, then don't get get the slightly mroe expensive normal rate, everybody wins.

It's not just Kim's miswording that's making people question if they're going to lose their current membership rate, the RSOF topic on this is full of people asking the same thing. It's at 10 pages so far with no official answer.

[qfc]294-295-113-64148397[/qfc]

I've been paying prepaid for years (without ever going f2p in between) and I still have the old rate.

If you have a credit card auto subbing for you then it buys new when you have a few days left.

So in other words if you buy 1yr pack then your autosub will do nothing for a year but start subbing again after.

I'm very positive you won't lose your old rate.

"If you’re already a member, joining the Premier Club won’t cost you any membership days. Your existing membership will be paused, and when your Premier Club membership ends, your original membership will resume."

This basically says after the Premier period is over, everything goes back to normal.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

"If you’re already a member, joining the Premier Club won’t cost you any membership days. Your existing membership will be paused, and when your Premier Club membership ends, your original membership will resume."

This basically says after the Premier period is over, everything goes back to normal.

All this really confirms is your existing days of paid membership will be stored until you use up the years membership from the package, nothing about cost of membership.

Gold package sounds amazing but i'm still dubious until I know 100% that my old rate will be honoured.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

I'm still paying 4,60 euros a month as well just like many here.

12 months cost me 55,20 EUR in comparison to 64,95 for the gold package.

I wouldn't mind paying ahead for a full year like I did before many times, but not when I have to pay 10-15% extra for some cosmetics and a daily spin...

They haven't made it clear either if this deal would upgrade my 4,60 to 6,95 a month.

That would include a price change from 55,20 to 83,40 EUR for the year after that. I assume the worst case scenario, which in my case would cost me 37,95 EUR in 2 years extra, or over 8 months I can play extra with my current price.

• Like 1

I've been paying $5 for like 8 years. Even with buying cards in between I've kept the rate. I even got hacked, had subscription cancelled, and emailed jagex to get it back a month later. So I'm not worried.

Peace,

Vann

• Like 2