What even? Tiered memberships for bonus perks

Sirknudsen

I really hope I get the tickets to Jagex Hq. I live an hour or two away and I have a few million questions to ask Mod Mark that he dodges all the time haha.

He would just dodge them again. If you go there, you want to be nice and try to make connections/network as much as a typical rs'er I'd think.

hzvjpwS.gif

So if I win think I can sell the tickets to some other person for dem geepees or is that rwt?

From the RuneScape rules, Honor section:

Game items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game.

Trading any in-game items for real life items is definitely RWT.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So if I win think I can sell the tickets to some other person for dem geepees or is that rwt?

From the RuneScape rules, Honor section:

Game items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game.

Trading any in-game items for real life items is definitely RWT.

Lol, I was kidding, I would actually enjoy a trip to Jagex.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I had a feeling. Still, clarification of the rules is never bad. ;)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I really hope I get the tickets to Jagex Hq. I live an hour or two away and I have a few million questions to ask Mod Mark that he dodges all the time haha.

He would just dodge them again. If you go there, you want to be nice and try to make connections/network as much as a typical rs'er I'd think.

Probably, but at least id see his reaction whether he does or not haha and i would be nice :P i have more chance of getting a christmas hat then winning anyway...

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

Probably, but at least id see his reaction whether he does or not haha and i would be nice :P i have more chance of getting a christmas hat then winning anyway...

First thing to do at Jagex HQ is always to suck up for a silver crown lol

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

By paying with PayPal, you can choose your currency and save a lot of money, especially for Australians.

Taylor made a spreadsheet where you can check how much you save.

From his post on the hlf:

"Enter the currency code of the currency you'll be converting from(usually your countries currency) in cell G11 for personalized numbers - you can find the codes here: http://www.xe.com/iso4217.php

For GBP/USD, conversion to Mexican peso is currently the best value and saves you £4.16/$9.05 respectively. Make sure to check with PayPal's conversion tool before you make any transactions as their rates change twice a day"

The spreadsheet is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkM5bT18YZDCdG02ejNrLXA0OEItbmtwRXVrLWRXYVE#gid=0

You can save about £4/$9 by paying in an alternative currency. Pretty awesome job by Taylor.

• Like 4

Asmodean <3

The point is not whether this is a good deal or not. Ofcourse this is a great deal. But think about it, jagex might be in a desperate need for money...

Nah, full year packages with perks is pretty much standard operating procedure for subscription games nowadays. It incentivises people to continue playing in the long term, and the sneaky way Jagex made practically all of the perks virtual (Solomon's store etc.) means that it barely costs them to get valuable long-term loyalty from players. It's actually basic business sense, though I wish they didn't call them "Premier Club packages" and just called them "Membership packages" instead, because that's what they are.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Getting a "payment failed" every time I try. Trying to cooperate with my mother to figure out credit card issues is NOT FUN.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

It's actually basic business sense

No that means they:

• are sellouts
  • will do anything for a quick buck
  • kick puppies
  • punish loyal players
  • try to drive away players
  • are neo-Nazis
  • copied WoW
  • are homosexuals
  • have no morals
  • are run by lizard men

[spoiler=Source(s)]Runescape Official Forums

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]

• Like 5

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

It's weird but Solomon's store has now twice caused me to get the BSOD. It makes my video drivers crash and die when I click through the animation options.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It's weird but Solomon's store has now twice caused me to get the BSOD. It makes my video drivers crash and die when I click through the animation options.

You must not be of a high enough caliber of customer to have the privilege of shopping there.

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I really want them so I can finally visit the UK. never been out of Australia. ;__;

By paying with PayPal, you can choose your currency and save a lot of money, especially for Australians.

Taylor made a spreadsheet where you can check how much you save.

From his post on the hlf:

"Enter the currency code of the currency you'll be converting from(usually your countries currency) in cell G11 for personalized numbers - you can find the codes here: http://www.xe.com/iso4217.php

For GBP/USD, conversion to Mexican peso is currently the best value and saves you £4.16/$9.05 respectively. Make sure to check with PayPal's conversion tool before you make any transactions as their rates change twice a day"

The spreadsheet is here https://docs.google....VrLWRXYVE#gid=0

You can save about £4/$9 by paying in an alternative currency. Pretty awesome job by Taylor.

As an Australian, thank youuuu.

EDIT: how does one change their payment type based on currency? is it a paypal option?

Popoto.~<3

Got $75 dollar pre paid credit card for christmas, to bad it doesnt work with jagex's payment system. Gave it to my mom though for letting me use her credit card.

Does anyone know if there will be a time limit to buy the premium memberships before they take them off? Because I can see them doing this just at the end of every year and including all the limited promotional items that were added to the game from prepaid cards from the previous year and doing a new one each year.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Contemplating getting gold for 2k runecoins as there is going to be an end of year sale

You mean for runecoins or for things purchased with runecoins?

_______

I'm going to get gold soon enough, but honestly there's nothing I really want from SGS at the moment. I'm thinking I'll either save the runecoins for when the next big pack (ala Assassin/Dwarf) is released or spend them all on bank boosters lol. The new pets' effects seem novel at best but who wants to actually use those during combat when Steel Titan scroll specs demo erryone now?

Really my motivation for getting gold is more for the benefits they haven't explicitly detailed yet, such as the special offers, although in all likelihood those'll just be for new SGS items anyway.

2dgucz6.png

There is a promotion for the thing we all know and love: SoF. Double SoF spins on all purchases

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)