Your thoughts of 2 NEW RS SKILLS

ACK

i have feeling one of the skills will be "PETS"; you train your pets for your advance, like helping you, bringing resources or fighting by your side (unlike summoning) this one you level your pet, probably get armour for your lion for example ?? =]

and the second skill might be "challenging skill" instead of current challenge system, and why not to re-do quests again with better rewards.

your thoughts?

Honestly I feel that the challenge skill concept you posted is something comparable to what I think one of the skills will be. My ideal of the skill is something much like a tug of war with resources. Players with the higher level in this skill can craft more valued items for their gods purpose and war against the other gods. Almost something like having two factions such as falidor being for saradomin and Varrock being for guthix. You could turn in items to boost your god or cities traits. Suppose each server has a dedicated pool to these resources too. While all of this is happening there could be people ransacking your city or sabotaging your efforts for their own gain.

Meh just a concept.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They've said that these skills will focus on the lore of RuneScape, which I doubt would be pets. :P.

Anything can be turned into lore ;) .

yes, also they have said they are gonna re-work other skills

The more and more I read Sailing I'm actually starting to believe it, I mean, pictures this; a years time from now, we can actually access the Eastern Lands, what if we could Sail, the entire landscape of RuneScape could change, afterall, Guthix made the entire entity of this world, who knows what else there is to explore, we're literally confined into a space due to updates gradually releasing further content.

As for another skill, I'm fairly sure it would be something like Archaeology, although, not sure how it would work.

I'm sure someone made up lore/guides before now for archaeology and another skill linked to it, gather and processing skills. It would be feasible. Rewards could be incorporated across rs as well i.e. temp boosts to xp in other skills, such as extra hunter xp if you discover an ancient snare/net trap etc. make it work like the xmas event bonus xp but on a smaller scale maybe 3-5k?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

They can always add new gathering skills that 'could' be part of existing skills but aren't. Ala mining and smithing similar, but I hope they don't

I do feel like they should rework skills, but that can't be a reason to delay skills at the moment if they have solid ideas. This is because a reworked skill to 99 provides either huge benefit or no benefit to the players already level 99 (depending on what kind of rework it is)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

OK, I managed to find out the original as far as I can tell Archaeology skill suggestion made by outsanity. Knew I saw it somewhere on this forum before now

if anyone interested link is here Archaeology topic

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I'm more wondering what will happen to the HLF. Those who were close to maxed wouldn't be counted in anymore. And what about the people we can access the HLF now =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm more wondering what will happen to the HLF. Those who were close to maxed wouldn't be counted in anymore. And what about the people we can access the HLF now =/

When dungeoneering came out, those people who were already maxed kept their access. But to gain access afterwards, they needed 99 dungeoneering.

If the skills are both lore-based, I could guess that they'd be worship-related with next year's focus on the Gods.

Maybe the processing skill could be along the lines of infusing zones towards a particular god (similar to the Halloween event).

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

That could be interesting, but again I'd like to see it differentiated enough from prayer (maybe have some bonus interlocking like how agility and thieving do for pickpocketing)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They've said that these skills will focus on the lore of RuneScape, which I doubt would be pets. :P.

They have also expressly stated 1 will be a gathering skills and 1 will be a production/finishing skill.

A pet skill, aside from already being content of summoning would fall into the category of support skills (like agility, dg, thief etc. do)

Personally I think the most likely candidates are Archeology and Engineering.

Archeology would fit in nicely with good lore stuff as a gathering skill via digging up ancient sites and could easily lead to all sorts of trinkets that could use the pocket slot (which they said one skill would focus on)

Engineering equally could be a finishing skill drawing on crafting, smithing, fletching, magic, runecrafting and construction to make various more mechanical type things akin to the Gnome and Dwarf tech already in-game

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They have also expressly stated 1 will be a gathering skills and 1 will be a production/finishing skill.

They said they will share a similar relationship, not precisely that one will gather one will finish.

The fact that they're being released at different points in the year might confirm what others have hinted at: that this will have a time element and can't strictly be "grinded". We'll likely see that 'giving' side of the relationship they spoke of first to prepare for the "taking" side later in the year.

hzvjpwS.gif

They said they will share a similar relationship, not precisely that one will gather one will finish.

No.

They said 1 WILL be gathering like mining, woodcutting, hunting, fishing etc. and 1 WILL be finishing like smithing, fletching etc. and that they WILL NOT be a pair that directly link like mining smithing, woodcutting fletching, fishing cooking etc. do.

It's not even a vague up for debate issue they have expressly said in several of the videos we ARE GETTING a gathering skill and a finishing skill. No ifs ands or buts, that is what the two new skills are category wise (out of gathering, finishing, support and combat)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Somewhat doubt that the new skill will be God influenced at all. There are many players who don't give a rats ass about Gods in this game, simply playing it for fun.

Then of course there are those who say "I'm a Zarosian@@@@@" and run around the game preaching the lore of Zaros (other gods too etc).

The fact that they're being released at different points in the year might confirm what others have hinted at: that this will have a time element and can't strictly be "grinded". We'll likely see that 'giving' side of the relationship they spoke of first to prepare for the "taking" side later in the year.

As said, it seems that it'll have a similar relationship to Mining & Smithing (but without the grind element and a tweak upon how levelling one up can aid the other).

Seems this is still up for debate

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

No.

They said 1 WILL be gathering like mining, woodcutting, hunting, fishing etc. and 1 WILL be finishing like smithing, fletching etc. and that they WILL NOT be a pair that directly link like mining smithing, woodcutting fletching, fishing cooking etc. do.

It's not even a vague up for debate issue they have expressly said in several of the videos we ARE GETTING a gathering skill and a finishing skill. No ifs ands or buts, that is what the two new skills are category wise (out of gathering, finishing, support and combat)

So you've got a link, right? Because the last I heard from the Livestreams were that they were similar relationships and not strictly gath/prod skills.

hzvjpwS.gif

No.

So you've got a link, right? Because the last I heard from the Livestreams were that they were similar relationships and not strictly gath/prod skills.

You might have gotten things muddled up. Mark said in the live streams himself that one would be a gathering skill and the other finishing. The two skills aren't linked to each other like the paired skills we have now and will instead support other skills.

We also know that one of the skills will enable us to create items other than scrimshaws for the pocket slot. I won't be surprised if these are things like God tokens that give various buffs.

Sylpheed.png