Your thoughts of 2 NEW RS SKILLS

ACK

Archeology might be a mainstream suggestion, but it isn't a bad idea when thinking that the new skill(s) have something to do with lores. I haven't read any lores yet, but I think that Arch would go very well. Digging up bones of some creatures which were believed to be myths, etcetc. That'd be pretty cool, but only if one is interested in the lores.

@Kimberly

[qfc]14-15-69-64024253[/qfc] - Transcript of the 'Future of Rs' Livestream

9. Has development for the new skill started yet?

Mark: Yes! So, first proper reveal of the day. We are currently working on two skills. We’re working on a gathering skill. When I say gathering skill I mean things like mining, woodcutting or things like runecrafting where you actually are gathering the materials, and then another skill which is more like a finishing skill or a production skill as we call them where you’re doing cool things, making new things to use in the game. Those two skills might not necessarily be linked together. I’m not thinking about a new mining and smithing but it’s that kind of thing. We’re looking at a new gathering skill and a new production skill and both of those are in development right now, and they are also linked to the whole change in lore that we have got planned for next year.

Proof enough?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, now you need to sacrifice a small goat and summon the Proof Demon to Chant the Holy Hymn of Fact-Checking while simultaneously adapting your quote to song on the pan flute.

Yes, I am sufficiently abashed and I apologize. Sylph was right, I got everything back asswards. I've got no defense to my ignorance here :P I'm sorry.

• Like 3

hzvjpwS.gif

Enchantment for the production one, it'd tie in with the "Level up my X" idea they had.

Something like this could be possible, jagex have already confirmed we will be able to add buffs etc. to our armours in 2013. A finishing skill could prove to be the missing link.

As for the production skill my money is on archaeology, it's gathering, lore related, can be tied into other skills and most likely used with the pocket slot (trinkets/mystical items or bones etc.).

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

As long as they're both over 100k xp/hr in the later stages of the skill, I don't really care what kind of skills they will be.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

They already confirmed a skill to make pocket items with... >.<

Edit proof :

Will we be seeing permanent items that could be wielded in the 'pocket' slot besides scrimshaws?

Mod Moltare: It would be a shame to make a new slot and not make use of it, I'd say.

Mod Edam: One of the new skills will make use of the pocket slot next year. blk.gif

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,985,64141226

They already confirmed a skill to make pocket items with... >.<

Edit proof :

Will we be seeing permanent items that could be wielded in the 'pocket' slot besides scrimshaws?

Mod Moltare: It would be a shame to make a new slot and not make use of it, I'd say.

Mod Edam: One of the new skills will make use of the pocket slot next year. blk.gif

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,985,64141226

Um...ok?

We already knew one of the new skills was going to utilise the pocket slot. I even said it on this very page.

Sylpheed.png

I can trow out that 'one of the new skills is going to utilise pooping' as a random guess without any further proof too. Also I don't read every post, I read the begin post and some of the first and some of the last posts on this thread, which none said "1 of the skills is going to be about the pocket slot" or something in that direction.

Hmm.. Checked all of your posts on this page, none even contained the word "pocket" except the one post right above this post where you quoted me :')

Edit :

Personally I think the most likely candidates are Archeology and Engineering.

Ah right there you said you guessed it was going to be about pock... Wait a second you guessed Archeology and Engineering? Oh you silly boy!

Something like this could be possible, jagex have already confirmed we will be able to add buffs etc. to our armours in 2013. A finishing skill could prove to be the missing link.

As for the production skill my money is on archaeology, it's gathering, lore related, can be tied into other skills and most likely used with the pocket slot (trinkets/mystical items or bones etc.).

You might have gotten things muddled up. Mark said in the live streams himself that one would be a gathering skill and the other finishing. The two skills aren't linked to each other like the paired skills we have now and will instead support other skills.

We also know that one of the skills will enable us to create items other than scrimshaws for the pocket slot. I won't be surprised if these are things like God tokens that give various buffs.

I can trow out that 'one of the new skills is going to utilise pooping' as a random guess without any further proof too. Also I don't read every post, I read the begin post and some of the first and some of the last posts on this thread, which none said "1 of the skills is going to be about the pocket slot" or something in that direction.

Hmm.. Checked all of your posts on this page, none even contained the word "pocket" except the one post right above this post where you quoted me :')

Edit :

Ah right there you said you guessed it was going to be about pock... Wait a second you guessed Archeology and Engineering? Oh you silly boy!

Two posts there containing the term pocket slot on this page alone :P

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

The skill does not make pocket slot items. It just uses them.

Just like strength don't make swords.

Archaeology wouldn't make the items as such though, you could find say ancient warriors bones that are usable in the pocket slot to say boost your melee stats by 'x' amount. Or some idol that grants prayer bonus such as increased prayer points or reduced prayer drain when put in pocket slot.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

You know, the more you guys say it, the more I think that Archaelogy will be the new gathering skill. We already have spots for it, it can easily be integrated with lore, can offer junk you can put in your pocket, you are "gathering" things from the ground...

Damn it, now I'll be disappointed if Archaelogy will not be the new skill.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I want to see Kudos Island already; it's long overdue.

22031_s.gif

Perhaps archaelogy opens up oil fields, from which petroleum is mined. Petroleum, as you are all aware, is vital in training organic chemistry.

I know it sounds like I'm joking, but part of me thinks o chem would be an awesome skill. Even if it's a bit of an anachronism.

• Like 1

They've said that these skills will focus on the lore of RuneScape, which I doubt would be pets. :P.

They have also expressly stated 1 will be a gathering skills and 1 will be a production/finishing skill.

A pet skill, aside from already being content of summoning would fall into the category of support skills (like agility, dg, thief etc. do)

Archeology would fit in nicely with good lore stuff as a gathering skill via digging up ancient sites and could easily lead to all sorts of trinkets that could use the pocket slot (which they said one skill would focus on)

Engineering equally could be a finishing skill drawing on crafting, smithing, fletching, magic, runecrafting and construction to make various more mechanical type things akin to the Gnome and Dwarf tech already in-game

WoW style engineering would be amazing in RS

• Like 1

They've said that these skills will focus on the lore of RuneScape, which I doubt would be pets. :P.

They have also expressly stated 1 will be a gathering skills and 1 will be a production/finishing skill.

A pet skill, aside from already being content of summoning would fall into the category of support skills (like agility, dg, thief etc. do)

Archeology would fit in nicely with good lore stuff as a gathering skill via digging up ancient sites and could easily lead to all sorts of trinkets that could use the pocket slot (which they said one skill would focus on)

Engineering equally could be a finishing skill drawing on crafting, smithing, fletching, magic, runecrafting and construction to make various more mechanical type things akin to the Gnome and Dwarf tech already in-game

I would love to have my Flying Machine from wow. Maybe Engineering could be learned from Gnomes and you can unlock access to a PoAS (Player owned Air Strip) and the ability to build tree houses?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I would love to have my Flying Machine from wow. Maybe Engineering could be learned from Gnomes and you can unlock access to a PoAS (Player owned Air Strip) and the ability to build tree houses?

I'd love me some goblin jumper cables.

22031_s.gif