High profile players banned

Jake

And it assumes their server keeps detailed logs. It should, but you know.. JAGEX!!!!

Of course their servers keeps detailed logs. Insanely detailed, in fact:

6fJ3r.png

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

And it assumes their server keeps detailed logs. It should, but you know.. JAGEX!!!!

I never understood that. For as long as I can remember, Jagex has claimed to keep extensive logs on how items make their way through the community, to track down gold buyers and sellers and mule accounts, yet they also claimed for a long time to be unable to help people who lose items due to bugs because they are unable to tell who is lying.
No. They can tell who is lying, it's just that so many people think it's cute to lie that it's incredibly labor-intensive to wade through every request.

Jagex pisses me off recently. I'll just leave it at that. I'm still a devoted player but there attention to game detail and what we want is really lacking. They are finally starting to realize the real problem and actually basing ideas on actual player wants, and let me tell you its about time considering there player base is dropping as we speak.

Grim_Rayne.png

Of course their servers keeps detailed logs. Insanely detailed, in fact:

6fJ3r.png

From that it almost seems they keep too much information to be able to refund every request. Just imagine trying to dig through a log of every click a player makes.

It seems more like they can replay what happened in a cutscene-type thing

Like those black-boxes from airplanes. They too hold an enormous amount of data, however most of the time they can connect it to a server-like thing that can read out the data stored inside the black-box. It will then replay said data in a sort of simulation.

I think something similar is happening here, just no need to connect a box to a server or something. It definitely makes things easier. Especially from a player viewpoint. 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well I was mostly joking. Anyways likely it is because of having to sort through every lie to find truths.. If too many are lies what's the value of finding the losses? I have to agree with Saradomin Mage. It would take too much time to verify requests.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I never understood that. For as long as I can remember, Jagex has claimed to keep extensive logs on how items make their way through the community, to track down gold buyers and sellers and mule accounts, yet they also claimed for a long time to be unable to help people who lose items due to bugs because they are unable to tell who is lying.
No. They can tell who is lying, it's just that so many people think it's cute to lie that it's incredibly labor-intensive to wade through every request.

Easy solution: Permaban people who are obviously lying, with no opportunity to appeal. Throw that warning into the header and you'll see the fake requests dry up fast.

• Like 3

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Easy solution: Permaban people who are obviously lying, with no opportunity to appeal. Throw that warning into the header and you'll see the fake requests dry up fast.

A little over-the-top, but it'd work

• Like 1

It needs to be harsh - both out of fairness to all the real cases out there and to deter frivolous claims.

False claims should definitely lead to a small suspension on the first time. Second time or higher, then it should be months or more at a time.

I imagine if pinned to the wall on this detailed system, they'd probably try to say that only oldschool has a system like that. '-'

hzvjpwS.gif

A little over-the-top, but it'd work

Think of it as a deterrent. I'd rather see a few jackasses get banned than have Jagex summarily close the thread every time their mediocre bug testing causes people to lose items, complaining about the number of false claims. 

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The sad thing is that this code is barely a year and a half old, added after the crucible/duel arena GP dupes

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

whoops, wrong thread

carry on *sweat*

(the issue with even having a system like this is people would still not actually stop sending false claims since they'll be using accounts they don't care about in the chance that somebody will slip up)

8f14270694.jpg