Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High profile players banned

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
It needs to be harsh - both out of fairness to all the real cases out there and to deter frivolous claims.

False claims should definitely lead to a small suspension on the first time. Second time or higher, then it should be months or more at a time.

I imagine if pinned to the wall on this detailed system, they'd probably try to say that only oldschool has a system like that. '-'

hzvjpwS.gif

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

And it assumes their server keeps detailed logs. It should, but you know.. JAGEX!!!!

I never understood that. For as long as I can remember, Jagex has claimed to keep extensive logs on how items make their way through the community, to track down gold buyers and sellers and mule accounts, yet they also claimed for a long time to be unable to help people who lose items due to bugs because they are unable to tell who is lying.
No. They can tell who is lying, it's just that so many people think it's cute to lie that it's incredibly labor-intensive to wade through every request.

Easy solution: Permaban people who are obviously lying, with no opportunity to appeal. Throw that warning into the header and you'll see the fake requests dry up fast.

A little over-the-top, but it'd work

Think of it as a deterrent. I'd rather see a few jackasses get banned than have Jagex summarily close the thread every time their mediocre bug testing causes people to lose items, complaining about the number of false claims. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS

And it assumes their server keeps detailed logs. It should, but you know.. JAGEX!!!!

I never understood that. For as long as I can remember, Jagex has claimed to keep extensive logs on how items make their way through the community, to track down gold buyers and sellers and mule accounts, yet they also claimed for a long time to be unable to help people who lose items due to bugs because they are unable to tell who is lying. 

The sad thing is that this code is barely a year and a half old, added after the crucible/duel arena GP dupes

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

whoops, wrong thread

carry on *sweat*

(the issue with even having a system like this is people would still not actually stop sending false claims since they'll be using accounts they don't care about in the chance that somebody will slip up)

8f14270694.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users