Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High profile players banned

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

MTheory
[ Display Name History ]

MTheory

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Laplacian
Buy the gold membership and you won't get banned.
Posted Image

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR
That's a good start, but quite frankly nothing more than that. Few bans don't really make any difference when countless of people slip under the radar all the time and without any problems at all. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd put more effort into catching bots than designing more and more cosmetic Solomon things and banning a handful of people every now and then.

Oh well, guess even a handful is better than nothing...
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
This is good news, but I have to be honest, I don't really care if someone bots castle wars.

This is Win All Day all over again. You ban the higher profile players for RWT/botting, when they have an entirely negligible impact compared to the tens of thousands of gold farming bots running 24/7.

Still, it is a nice gesture, even if it is insignificant.

Asmodean <3

Jebrim
[ Display Name History ]

Jebrim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RSN:Jebrim I
  • RSN2:Jebrim V
  • RSN '07:Jebrim IV
  • Clan:TMOA

This is good news, but I have to be honest, I don't really care if someone bots castle wars.

This is Win All Day all over again. You ban the higher profile players for RWT/botting, when they have an entirely negligible impact compared to the tens of thousands of gold farming bots running 24/7.

I disagree. I think removing bots from the top ranks is far more important than fruitlessly going after RWT'ers, particularly after Jagex's failed performance these past few years. Besides, I dislike cheaters in RS far more than just some people trying to make easy real life cash.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

Buy the gold membership and you won't get banned.

sir fly pig bought the gold pack the day before he got banned

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RSN:Makoto D
I'm definitely on the outside looking in - as I've never heard of these players before - but it just feels like a publicity stunt.

If the state-of-the-art bot detection and account relations we hear about so often was really this great, then wouldn't these players have been busted long ago? I mean c'mon. Enough is enough.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

RandomGuy123
[ Display Name History ]

RandomGuy123

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts

I disagree. I think removing bots from the top ranks is far more important than fruitlessly going after RWT'ers, particularly after Jagex's failed performance these past few years. Besides, I dislike cheaters in RS far more than just some people trying to make easy real life cash.

Jebrim, I believe he wasn't stating that RWT'ers are worse than people trying to gain an unfair advantage in-game. I think he was simply saying that Jagex is incapable of succesfully solving problems, created by cheaters and RWT'ers. In this case, the company that owns Runescape fails to efficiently ban numerous bots. Instead this company chooses to ban only a handful - for whatever reason (most likely to create a good image). In the economy scene of the game, J4G3Xzzz also chooses to ban only a handful of RWT'ers, instead of getting rid of the massive gold farming business.

Jebrim
[ Display Name History ]

Jebrim

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RSN:Jebrim I
  • RSN2:Jebrim V
  • RSN '07:Jebrim IV
  • Clan:TMOA

Jebrim, I believe he wasn't stating that RWT'ers are worse than people trying to gain an unfair advantage in-game. I think he was simply saying that Jagex is incapable of succesfully solving problems, created by cheaters and RWT'ers. In this case, the company that owns Runescape fails to efficiently ban numerous bots. Instead this company chooses to ban only a handful - for whatever reason (most likely to create a good image). In the economy scene of the game, J4G3Xzzz also chooses to ban only a handful of RWT'ers, instead of getting rid of the massive gold farming business.

Idk where the hell you guys are getting that this is a publicity stunt. They didn't advertise it. In fact, these people have been named and shamed on the HLF in the past and it's taken Jagex a very long time to actually do anything about it. It's something that's long been needed to be done. Nothing is more demotivating than when maxed players that admit to botting don't even get banned and that's how it was for awhile.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
As we saw several months ago, botwatch isn't ready to take the reigns in regards to banning. But as jagex tweaks it, I'm sure some names have come up time and time again. I think this is a sign that jagex at least feels comfortable enough to trust botwatch with some human oversight. And if you're going to have a human checking the botwatch outputs you might as well start at the top.

3tarluap
[ Display Name History ]

3tarluap

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 18 posts

As we saw several months ago, botwatch isn't ready to take the reigns in regards to banning. But as jagex tweaks it, I'm sure some names have come up time and time again. I think this is a sign that jagex at least feels comfortable enough to trust botwatch with some human oversight. And if you're going to have a human checking the botwatch outputs you might as well start at the top.

these bans had nothing to do with botwatch. These players were posted on hlf and reported multiple times over months and months. And these are not even all of them. One player outright stated he botted 2496 and was going to bot 200m wc at ivy on hlf, and I don't think hes been banned with this group.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

<snip>

these bans had nothing to do with botwatch. These players were posted on hlf and reported multiple times over months and months. And these are not even all of them. One player outright stated he botted 2496 and was going to bot 200m wc at ivy on hlf, and I don't think hes been banned with this group.

My mistake. Someone said one was "snatched up" so I assumed it was botwatch. It is very sad that jagex doesn't ban those that openly admit to botting though.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

wasnt this sir fly pig

BenDover
[ Display Name History ]

BenDover

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • RSN:Swarlly
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I agree, cheaters bother me far more than someone trying to make irl cash.

Swarlly.png

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata
I've been playing Castle wars a lot the past year. I have been going for 5k games since April. Recently passed the 2400 mark. So pretty much for my playing time it has taken me 8 months to get half way. Lots of those names posted I've seen "afking" castle wars. Now I don't really know which ones bot or do not, but I always had the suspicion that a lot of them did. Before EOC I used to mage defence. But often teams are stacked and well defending against nothing is boring. So I go barrage the loafers by the trapdoor to see how many kills I can get. These people are standing at the door trying to AFK, but the strange part is as soon as I kill them they go right back up the trapdoor. You can usually tell the people who aren't botting will go scatter on the outer edge of the loafer room. Because they know I won't single people out as I was barraging the trap door for the most xp and most kills. Anyways the point I'm making is why would someone who is trying to AFK go back up the ladder every 10 seconds just to die again, instead of going out of the line of fire.

Glad to see Jagex is taking a firm stance against botters, even if it just simple as botting Castle wars. I have played (not loafed) all my games and several others have played 5k castle wars games. So if we can do it, they are perfectly capable of playing the minigame too. May sound harsh, but I see it as if you don't want to help your team then don't go for the 5k games. I do however largely support the requirement being removed or nerfed as it is insane. 80 days of just Castle wars. Insane or not is no excuse to cheat.

I think people who set goals worry to much about the destination and forget about the journey. I have over 400 days played and the vet capes and I still haven't maxed. The main reason is too much skilling bores me. But I don't cheat, I just don't go for the cape. I'm 90+ now so one day I'll get max cape, but if it takes me another 100-200 days. I'm ok with that because I just go at my own pace and do what I enjoy on this game.

edit:

on the to be investigated

i wa5 h4ck3d runs around and pks a lot so I don't think he bots.
Zyver often attacks me when I start messing with the loafers and pks quite a bit, so I don't think he does either.

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Sagha
[ Display Name History ]

Sagha

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RSN:Sagha
[bleep]ing haters. [bleep]ing Jagex. [bleep]ing life...

And btw the only reason Fairy Yui is temp banned is because she has ~80b and she if were banned the economy would be even more [bleep]ed up than it already is.

Also because she is the only female on that list.

BenDover
[ Display Name History ]

BenDover

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • RSN:Swarlly
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
Sagha I feel sorry for all those hours you played on RS.... oh wait...

Swarlly.png

Sagha
[ Display Name History ]

Sagha

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts

Sagha I feel sorry for all those hours you played on RS.... oh wait...

:(

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury

And btw the only reason Fairy Yui is temp banned is because she has ~80b and she if were banned the economy would be even more [bleep]ed up than it already is.

A J-Mod confirmed that her bank videos were fake and she had nowhere near 80b.
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Sagha
[ Display Name History ]

Sagha

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts

A J-Mod confirmed that her bank videos were fake and she had nowhere near 80b.

Then shes been lying to me for several years now...rofl

You dont happen to have proof of this or know where he said it by any chance, do you?

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
Somewhere on the HLF I think. I haven't personally seen it myself, but everyone on HLF has been saying it. I'll take a look later if I can find something.
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users