High profile players banned

Jake

Everything is in perspective a waste of time... Except procreation. On forward my progeny ad genetic material! My line must never end!

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Each account should only be used by one person. Players may not sell, share, transfer or lend their account to anyone else.

It may not be reportable, but it is can still get you banned.

That's just another legacy rule Jagex don't care about anymore. When asked about, they said it's fine, but at your own risk if the person you shared with stole your items etc.

Quite sad really.

That was the offence my previous account finally got banned for. I don't remember sharing it, baring in mind I started that account in 2006 so I haven't got a full recollection, but I can't see why I would. If I did, it was very out of character for me because I'm very protective about progress on other games. How Jagex arrived at the conclusion I was account sharing, I'm not sure, but just to confirm people do get banned for it.

Yeah, you can change your youtube name to pretty much whatever you want, through your e-mail somehow. 99.9% chance that isn't actually MMG.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ok everybody, since the recent banning of several high level profiles such as myself, I think it is time for me to explain why my xp gains have been so outrageous recently. Well it all started 6 years ago when my dad left to open his own ice cream shop in Holland. When he left my mom and I to pursue his dream of owning countless amounts of mint chocolate chip ice cream, my mom went into a frenzy. She had problems for a long time and stopped going to work or leaving the house. Because of this I stopped going to school 6 years ago and just sit in the closet all day playing runescape with my cat. Alot like that guy from benchwarmers. So yea because of this I am able to gain lots of xp so ya there u go. My mom told me I could do anything. When I told her i Will go for 5b xp, she said put your heart into it and avenge me from your FATHER!@!%$#@1

I like how you compared your exp gains to mine after you maxed all the while botting..lol

Nuggets.png

All I'm getting from the last few pages are people who are tired of the game and don't have the dignity to leave the game without ruining it for the rest of us.

'I don't like how Jagex has handled bots, so I'm gonna bot and show them who's boss!' or 'I no longer enjoy the game, therefore everyone should quit because everyone is wasting their time' are a terrible way to think, and may give some insight into the way you value yourself in relation to others.

As I tell every person that comes into the FC I moderate to complain about the game, if you don't like the game, quit. It's healthy for people to grow out of games. But don't drag the rest of the community down with you. Leave with dignity and respect.

• Like 14

Topic has been cleaned and offenders have been dealt with.

If you see posts promoting the use of bots and/or advertising, REPORT IT AND IGNORE IT. Please do not flame or argue with them, as that will derail the thread completely and make our job just that much harder.

The topic will be kept open for now, but will be locked if another similar situation occurs.

Thank you.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I can't say I fault the players for botting for those 5,000 Cwars games. I fault Jagex for that instead, for creating such an idiotically and destructive requirement, and for fostering an absurdly fanatic environment over the past 6 years(since the advent of the skill capes) that has encouraged people to obsess over XP above all else, to the detriment of the community.

NOTE: I am not endorsing nor encouraging anyone to break RS rules, I am not telling people to bot, nor have I ever botted myself, I am simply refusing to condemn players who botted in Cwars for their trimmed-comp cape.

• Like 10

Grind based game has grind based game problems. Any sort of cheating is a result of someone figuring out that they dont have to jump through the hoops they are expected to jump through. This is true about any game, dayz hackers do it for the same reason as people that bot. This doesn't say that it doesn't harm legit players gameplay experience, in both examples it does, all I am saying is that when people realize they dont have to jump through the same hoops as everyone else - they wont.

As a game designer you need to really identify the problem before you can fix it.

Is it technically impossible to stop dayz hackers? No. But the mod team probably doesn't have the ability to on their own since the problem is probably deep in the game engine itself.

Is it technially impossible to stop RS botters? Yes. Any other answer especially from jagex is just dishonest.

Given that fixing botting is impossible what is Jagex to do about it? How do you alter the rs gameplay experience in a way that bot use wont matter? I think for the next Jagex title this is something they will need to have a talk over. I personally still see Jagex doing the marketing strategy in Runescape such as name and shames & mass bans to keep legitimate players interested as long as possible instead of actually fixing the core problem.

• Like 1

Grind based game has grind based game problems. Any sort of cheating is a result of someone figuring out that they dont have to jump through the hoops they are expected to jump through. This is true about any game, dayz hackers do it for the same reason as people that bot. This doesn't say that it doesn't harm legit players gameplay experience, in both examples it does, all I am saying is that when people realize they dont have to jump through the same hoops as everyone else - they wont.

As a game designer you need to really identify the problem before you can fix it.

Is it technically impossible to stop dayz hackers? No. But the mod team probably doesn't have the ability to on their own since the problem is probably deep in the game engine itself.

Is it technially impossible to stop RS botters? Yes. Any other answer especially from jagex is just dishonest.

Given that fixing botting is impossible what is Jagex to do about it? How do you alter the rs gameplay experience in a way that bot use wont matter? I think for the next Jagex title this is something they will need to have a talk over. I personally still see Jagex doing the marketing strategy in Runescape such as name and shames & mass bans to keep legitimate players interested as long as possible instead of actually fixing the core problem.

You make it sound like people who bot are the equivalent of Neo "freeing his mind" in The Matrix.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

You make it sound like people who bot are the equivalent of Neo "freeing his mind" in The Matrix.

Because in essence it is.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jacmob. :lol:

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So then in this metaphor, who is the little kid that says, "There is no spoon" ?

Runescape isn't real.

Obviously its not real life but the game itself doesn't exist.

See the client you play on is a clever trick to make it look like your experiencing stuff, for example it updates when you move, gain xp, you talk to people and they respond, etc. But runescape only exists on the servers over in Jagex studios. So yes there is no spoon. You have never actually played runescape, its all a bunch of clever tricks to make you think things are really happening. Its the illusion, and believe me if you cheat engine a completionist cape on yourself you are just as disapointed as you are having actually earned it 100% legit. Moreover they are equally 'real'.

• Like 1

Not so poetically, I am just saying that its stupid to ignore that given the ability to cheat a number (in this case a LARGE number) of people will do so negatively affecting the community as a whole. Basically I am not excusing players, people who cheat deserve their ban however the fact that half the playerbase is cheating does show massive game design failure. The fact that Jagex is technically unable to fix the problem says that the only way to get rid of botters is to change the gameplay which isn't happening in a game as established as runescape. Basically Jagex is dishonest and things like this latest name and shame or the 'the new bot nuke' are just illusions of a solution to keep the rest of the legitimate players from quitting or botting themselves.

At this point I would rather the them just allow the use of bots and justify it as a way to balance hardcore/casual players experience.

So then in this metaphor, who is the little kid that says, "There is no spoon" ?

Runescape isn't real.

Obviously its not real life but the game itself doesn't exist.

See the client you play on is a clever trick to make it look like your experiencing stuff, for example it updates when you move, gain xp, you talk to people and they respond, etc. But runescape only exists on the servers over in Jagex studios. So yes there is no spoon. You have never actually played runescape, its all a bunch of clever tricks to make you think things are really happening. Its the illusion, and believe me if you cheat engine a completionist cape on yourself you are just as disapointed as you are having actually earned it 100% legit. Moreover they are equally 'real'.

The people are real but thats about it lol...anyway idc if people ebot lol. Alot of skills are freaking grindy. :P and dont get me started on cwars I hate the bots that bot monsters tho :P
StarViv.png