4-1-2013 Bots and Cheaters Banned

Miss Lioness

A new year has dawned and 2012 fades into the past' date=' however our resolve against botters and those who would use exploits to gain an unfair advantage over others has never wavered.

As part of our ongoing war on botting, we continue to take action against those confirmed to be using a bot script. Just yesterday we banned a large number of bot users, including a number of maximum level players.

We want to reconfirm our commitment to the RuneScape community that we are taking steps every day to rid RuneScape of any and all bots. Nobody is exempt from this, whether it’s a fresh account or a paying maxed-out player.

We also detected a small number of players who had engineered an exploit to abuse the God Statues content which was added yesterday. In addition to adding extra security to our code, we’ve permanently banned the accounts which took part and all other accounts associated with those users. Such exploitation is totally unacceptable and we have a zero tolerance policy against any such behaviour. Ultimately those who use bot scripts and abuse exploits are harmful toward the economy of RuneScape, and are not the type of individuals that we want as part of our community.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.[/quote']

I was already wondering when they would do an official news post as they always do when a lot of bots are banned. Along with the D&D God Statue abusers.

If they would give out official lists of actual players banned, not the gold farming bots tho.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I guy called Respect Bots got all 99's yesterday: how much farther can it go...

Not really affected that much by bots though, I either set them up and get them killed or i' pissed that it's a lvl 4 miner haha. It'd be nice to see raw materials go up.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Along with the D&D God Statue abusers.

Can someone give me the details? Was there a bug that people exploited? And what did it do?

Now, to do something about the port exploiters. :P

What are you referring to?Has there been some bug that has been exploited? Or are you being jocular? I apologize but I cannot discern what you mean?

• Like 1

Along with the D&D God Statue abusers.

Can someone give me the details? Was there a bug that people exploited? And what did it do?

Now, to do something about the port exploiters. :P

What are you referring to?Has there been some bug that has been exploited? Or are you being jocular? I apologize but I cannot discern what you mean?

There is a glitch whereby you can insta complete voyages. Some people have come across it by accident and have no idea how to replicate it, I for one and I've seen plenty of reports on here as well as from clan mates. Others managed to force this, insta completing voyages to an obvious advantage.

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Alright, thanks for the information. I was particularly interested since I was one of the early birds for the God Statues D&D so I wanted to confirm that I hadn't inadvertently glitched. Thankfully, I did not. As for the POP one, I was aware that some people were getting instant voyages(I never got one), but I didn't know there were ways to control it. I don't even know why people bother with glitches that give lots of experience, particularly on accounts that they have spent considerably effort on. There are several sites and players that regularly pay attention to the Highscores/Rank/XP Gains; surely these people know that they *will* be caught? I can understand in instances(such as say botting) where they at least have some chance of getting away, but racking up 20M Construction XP, or whatever, in one hour, will most assuredly be detected and get you banned. What are these people thinking?

The 'When you leave the party, mess up the room' thing... I guess they got bored, don't care about the game anymore and decided to abuse it for the giggles, then leave it at that.

Tis the society nowadays.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

How long will it take Jagex to realize that banning bots/botters is a waste of time and effort?

If they want to get rid of botting, they need to completely overhaul RS such that people no longer bot in the first place. In other words:

1. Remove free trade again

2. Stop encouraging players to grind and value XP/efficiency/achievements over everything else

77yLQy8.png

How long will it take Jagex to realize that banning bots/botters is a waste of time and effort?

If they want to get rid of botting, they need to completely overhaul RS such that people no longer bot in the first place. In other words:

1. Remove free trade again

2. Stop encouraging players to grind and value XP/efficiency/achievements over everything else

1. i've played free games where they've created their own anticheat services; cheaters are no more. Removing free trade is too invasive.

2. An addict needs his fix.

(3. Please start playing again and churn out awesome PK videos again)

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

This "botwatch" or whatever banned my friend. He was looking at HLF and saw an improved mining method at LRC (hopping worlds to active gold rocks). He did about 10 urns worth and then stopped. Started bankstanding at the Grand Exchange while talking to clanmates and was force logged. Says he was banned for two weeks and his mining was reset to level 1.

Here we go again with Jagex banning "bots"... Friend just maxed and wanted to try out mining. For some reason they detected that he was macroing when he wasn't. Pathetic.

Also, I haven't noticed a reduction in LRC bots so I'm not sure what is even going on

• Like 1

Sugar_Nana.png

It's highly unlikely that anyone has any of the PoP stuff legitimately so Jagex should just remove any of those items from the game. Tuff luck to anyone that spend money on them, its on par with handling stolen goods

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Honestly I don't agree that the people who got the port rerolls should be punished. They didn't maliciously abuse a bug. They used a mechanic of the minigame they thought was legit. The only seeminglyincriminating thing against them is the harsh feelings players have against them. I would have done the same thing as them to get the higher efficiency rates.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Letting rewards stack up is as much bug abuse as dropping a firecape to skip ice wyrms or avoiding quests to "block" certain monster.

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Honestly I don't agree that the people who got the port rerolls should be punished. They didn't maliciously abuse a bug. They used a mechanic of the minigame they thought was legit. The only seeminglyincriminating thing against them is the harsh feelings players have against them. I would have done the same thing as them to get the higher efficiency rates.

The people who got the rerolls are fine and don't effect much at all. It is the idiots who do instant voyages which are causing a problem. At the Scythe, voyages take around 7 hours. With two ships. a normal person can do 6 per 24 hours at that rate, three ships bring that up to 9. Someone who abuses the instant voyages are able to do all of those within an hour. That combined with rerolls is game-breaking. The process of performing the instant voyages have been sent to Jagex already and hopefully they will fix it and rollback some of the abusers before they can make a few bill.

Saw a screenshot earlier where this guy had 3 Tetsu Helms and some guy on the forums said he had 19 plates already and was sending a scroll mission to get the last piece of the Tetsu body or something.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]