Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

fishy227

Food prices won't increase by much either. The fundamental problem with food prices has been that people have to cook hundreds of thousands of fish to get the maximum cooking level. Imagine that on a scale of thousands of RuneScape players simultaneously training cooking, and you have a constant reservoir consisting of millions of cooked fish whose XP value has been totally depleted and therefore royally dumped on the Grand Exchange ready for whoever makes the highest price.

Their role in healing has never been much of a factor.

• Like 2

Jagex can flip runescape prices with one sentence. I dont got cash for nex armour and I don't like to sell/buy tons of items after every update.I stoped care about economy and prices long time ago.

I would love to see level-range areas and bosses in future.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

What i really hate about this is it is a 180 degree turn from the "equality" line they've been following... We had it so that everything was pretty equal, and there was no gap between rich and poor.. once again however there is a gap between rich and poor... the rich will get richer, and the poor will get poorer.

meamzed.png

Thing is, they said they are buffing bosses, so you will need nex sets to nex.... once again, que mad

Add to that the irony of the Kalphite King update:

"We're releasing a brand new boss monster into the game. It will drop level 90 equipment, but don't despair because lower equipment, let's say level 80, will do the job just fine. Oh, by the way, those monsters in the God Wars Dungeon that drop level 80 and level 70 gear? We're changing them, so you'll be needing level 80 and level 70 gear to do those respectively."

It's totally inconsistent, and it's exactly those inconsistencies which lead to pre-EoC combat being the crock of excrement it was.

Gf me doing the range slayer dungeon with any kind of success. What I liked was being able to go to new slayer monsters (Gano, jadinko) in barrows-tier armor and still do reasonably well. Sounds like I'll be needing arma, if not pernix to do that, and I do not have the money for that.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

EOC was supposed to make combat more about skill than gear.

And only 2 months later.... about face.

So is the end game for runescape going to be easy meaningless skills/levels and ridiculous gear checks ala WOW/Diablo3?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

EOC was supposed to make combat more about skill than gear.

And only 2 months later.... about face.

So is the end game for runescape going to be easy meaningless skills/levels and ridiculous gear checks ala WOW/Diablo3?

Eoc has been about gear from the very beginning. The most skill involved in Runescape was gear switching, and that was heavily penalized from the start.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

While I do really like set effects, dragon claws do NOT need buffing. They had their time, and they're still the best slash weapon at tier 60 which is something. They need to be filling out the gaps in the chaotic tier (spear or 2h or wand or ANYTHING BUT THIS) instead of making the cls useless again.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

It's nice to hear that armour will get str-bonus again. Should also make high-level bosses such as nex worth doing again.

actually, it kind of goes against everything the eoc was trying to do

i guess jagex wants their money back and is willing to assume the position once more

way to show solidarity, maybe i should start whining on rsof more because i guess it's a lobbyist state now

about food: the main thing that's been really killing food is soul split, and maybe familiars. the reason why is that they don't take up inventory space. food will always be limited in utility based on inventory space, and nothing can be done to change this without increasing food carrying capacity. this will not save sharks or rocktails, because bots will always keep the prices at a certain level.

the abilities are just going to be more useless, and make it so that everybody will need soul split or healing familiars to come close to competing with everybody else. shields have become less viable as a result unless their other abilities are equalized in utility and rely less on exact prediction.

8f14270694.jpg

While I do really like set effects, dragon claws do NOT need buffing. They had their time, and they're still the best slash weapon at tier 60 which is something. They need to be filling out the gaps in the chaotic tier (spear or 2h or wand or ANYTHING BUT THIS) instead of making the cls useless again.

But cls was already useless due to being worse in dual wield than whip and ee

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

frankly i think dragon claws and chaotic claws should stay separate. there is nothing in lore, or logic, that should dictate their use being necessary in tandem with a material that is already strong enough to form shields and mauls. if the opposite is true, all of the gear should require lower gear so we can effectively screw over the "middle class" like we do now

no more dragging up gwd to the higher tiers....make higher level content for those tiers! kalphite king is coming already...

8f14270694.jpg

sorry what are dual wield weapons?

dual wield was outdated the moment it was released, because almost all abilities arnt adapted for dual wield.... i'll stick to my maul, royal crossbow and chaotic staff

• Like 2
meamzed.png

i think they're attempting to push dual more with the update, but it's hard to say because they always act like they got more than they really have

But, like Aerendil said, this won't really fix how dual wielding gets screwed by the fact that most of the time your offhand weapon doesn't actually count :razz:

i meant in the sense that they might adjust dual wielding so the offhand is factored in, or create an alternate set of basic abilities that use dual wielding

but like i said, it's doubtful that they've got much more than what they're showing now

8f14270694.jpg

It's nice to hear that armour will get str-bonus again. Should also make high-level bosses such as nex worth doing again.

i guess jagex wants their money back and is willing to assume the position once more

way to show solidarity, maybe i should start whining on rsof more because i guess it's a lobbyist state now

Not arguing with you there, just saying that I like the changes(even if it goes against what EOC was trying to do).

Not arguing with you there, just saying that I like the changes(even if it goes against what EOC was trying to do).

could you explain why?

i mean i understand the need for gwd stuff to maintain value over barrows gear, but

i think raising barrows gear and then raising gwd gear puts pressure upwards where it doesn't really need to be, especially now that they're hiking the curve upwards anyway, to the point where nobody will be able to challenge max combat players other than other max combat players, which will greatly skew any open ended competitive situations like castle wars and the wilderness

it also means that minor items required by sets will be vastly overvalued due to the mixing and matching being inferior to the set effect, which means that the slayer helm and void armor will also lose usefulness

untradeble gear is only as useful as the relevance it can maintain, so the midlevel stuff isn't worth chasing anymore

8f14270694.jpg

Strength Boosts and Set Effects

We will be adding individual strength boosts to all Torva, Pernix and Virtus gear, and a few other items like the Bandos Chestplate. The 'Nex gear' will also have an additional strength bonus in the form of a set effect. The above three areas of change will mean that higher combat levels and higher levels of gear will be needed to defeat powerful NPC opponents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKss2uYpih8

Well this is the final nail in the coffin for me. Done playing for now :P

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Why are they forcing us to use high level gear for high level bosses with the current structure of the game? It is getting frusterating. The way they announced this makes it impossible to actually obtain BCP or a lot of gear. I should be able to kill a level 80-aimed boss using level 70/75 gear when maxed stats, and not have to have 80 gear like Jagex is forcing upon us. They are just making the rich get richer. I swear they grab population screwing strategies from the US Government.

• Like 1

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

in addition, it makes no sense because cash shop strategies are designed to appeal to as many people as possible, so you can't both cater to the high end (who in addition seem a bit less likely to buy into cash shop stuff), and at the same time make decisions that make midlevel players just stop playing

8f14270694.jpg

Rejuvenate being a 5 min cooldown: wat (there goes the great use of shields!)

Strength bonuses on armor: wat (there goes the armor balance)

"Rebalancing" of armor (again, but for the worse): wat (at least player-owned ports armor will be worth it I guess???)

I was happy with EoC. Now they just screwed it all up.

ozXHe7P.png

Strength bonuses on armor: wat (there goes the armor balance)

"Rebalancing" of armor (again, but for the worse): wat (at least player-owned ports armor will be worth it I guess???)

I was happy with EoC. Now they just screwed it all up.

Inb4YouMeleeEverythingAgainAndRangeAndMageAreUnbalanced

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Rejuvenate.. now useless. A 5min cooldown. My god Jagex, way to kill one of the best shield abilities.

Well, better use it now for bosses while I still can.

Atleast we still have Resonance.

When Jagex say "set" of armour, do they mean helm, top, bottom, gloves and boots. Or just helm, top and bottom, like it used to be?

I might need to scrape some money together for Pernix boots and gloves.

Either way, It'll be interesting to see where this will all lead.

Once again glad I bought Penix a month ago when was somewhat crashing because I wanted it for the looks.