Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

i think they're attempting to push dual more with the update, but it's hard to say because they always act like they got more than they really have

But, like Aerendil said, this won't really fix how dual wielding gets screwed by the fact that most of the time your offhand weapon doesn't actually count :razz:

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
i meant in the sense that they might adjust dual wielding so the offhand is factored in, or create an alternate set of basic abilities that use dual wielding

but like i said, it's doubtful that they've got much more than what they're showing now

8f14270694.jpg

Druvovic
[ Display Name History ]

Druvovic

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 57 posts

It's nice to hear that armour will get str-bonus again. Should also make high-level bosses such as nex worth doing again.

actually, it kind of goes against everything the eoc was trying to do

i guess jagex wants their money back and is willing to assume the position once more

way to show solidarity, maybe i should start whining on rsof more because i guess it's a lobbyist state now

Not arguing with you there, just saying that I like the changes(even if it goes against what EOC was trying to do).

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

It's nice to hear that armour will get str-bonus again. Should also make high-level bosses such as nex worth doing again.

actually, it kind of goes against everything the eoc was trying to do

i guess jagex wants their money back and is willing to assume the position once more

way to show solidarity, maybe i should start whining on rsof more because i guess it's a lobbyist state now

Not arguing with you there, just saying that I like the changes(even if it goes against what EOC was trying to do).

could you explain why?

i mean i understand the need for gwd stuff to maintain value over barrows gear, but

i think raising barrows gear and then raising gwd gear puts pressure upwards where it doesn't really need to be, especially now that they're hiking the curve upwards anyway, to the point where nobody will be able to challenge max combat players other than other max combat players, which will greatly skew any open ended competitive situations like castle wars and the wilderness

it also means that minor items required by sets will be vastly overvalued due to the mixing and matching being inferior to the set effect, which means that the slayer helm and void armor will also lose usefulness

untradeble gear is only as useful as the relevance it can maintain, so the midlevel stuff isn't worth chasing anymore

8f14270694.jpg

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Strength Boosts and Set Effects

We will be adding individual strength boosts to all Torva, Pernix and Virtus gear, and a few other items like the Bandos Chestplate. The 'Nex gear' will also have an additional strength bonus in the form of a set effect. The above three areas of change will mean that higher combat levels and higher levels of gear will be needed to defeat powerful NPC opponents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKss2uYpih8

Well this is the final nail in the coffin for me. Done playing for now :P

77yLQy8.png

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
Why are they forcing us to use high level gear for high level bosses with the current structure of the game? It is getting frusterating. The way they announced this makes it impossible to actually obtain BCP or a lot of gear. I should be able to kill a level 80-aimed boss using level 70/75 gear when maxed stats, and not have to have 80 gear like Jagex is forcing upon us. They are just making the rich get richer. I swear they grab population screwing strategies from the US Government.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
in addition, it makes no sense because cash shop strategies are designed to appeal to as many people as possible, so you can't both cater to the high end (who in addition seem a bit less likely to buy into cash shop stuff), and at the same time make decisions that make midlevel players just stop playing

8f14270694.jpg

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,340 posts
Rejuvenate being a 5 min cooldown: wat (there goes the great use of shields!)

Strength bonuses on armor: wat (there goes the armor balance)

"Rebalancing" of armor (again, but for the worse): wat (at least player-owned ports armor will be worth it I guess???)

I was happy with EoC. Now they just screwed it all up.

ozXHe7P.png

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd

Strength bonuses on armor: wat (there goes the armor balance)

"Rebalancing" of armor (again, but for the worse): wat (at least player-owned ports armor will be worth it I guess???)

I was happy with EoC. Now they just screwed it all up.

Inb4YouMeleeEverythingAgainAndRangeAndMageAreUnbalanced

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
Rejuvenate.. now useless. A 5min cooldown. My god Jagex, way to kill one of the best shield abilities.
Well, better use it now for bosses while I still can.
Atleast we still have Resonance.

When Jagex say "set" of armour, do they mean helm, top, bottom, gloves and boots. Or just helm, top and bottom, like it used to be?
I might need to scrape some money together for Pernix boots and gloves.

Either way, It'll be interesting to see where this will all lead.
Once again glad I bought Penix a month ago when was somewhat crashing because I wanted it for the looks.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

Rejuvenate being a 5 min cooldown: wat (there goes the great use of shields!)

Sonovacrap. :wall: Rejuvenate was one of the things I liked the most about the EoC.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
This is bullshit. Give us all the details or shut up until it's released. This is causing blind, panicked speculation. Jagex, please STOP making these posts. They only stir shit up.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I'm quite happy with the strength bonus on armour, because it's pretty much the only way high-tier armour can be viable fighting low/medium-strength enemies. Right now, void dominates all off-task combat up to and including glacors and qbd. That's massive for any one set of armour, let alone level 42 armour, and making some tier 70-85 equipment a bit better in that department is good imo. I would like my PoP armour to be the best, not just some semi-worthwhile money drain.

I think the Regenerate nerf is a bad idea. Instead of making it unattractive to use it, why not promote saving adrenaline? Right now, adrenaline drains so fast (out of combat) there's no other use than gaining a measly few health before the next fight starts. If you made an treshold/ultimate ability which reduces adrenaline to zero, until you start fighting again, when it instantly gives you 25-50% adrenaline - that would be a good use for it.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
Rejuvenate was one of the best defence ultimates... i really have no idea what jagex is smoking, save that they seem to be sucking the (bleeps) off the rich people.... This game should be a tiered one, and they'de been making such amazing steps away from elitist gear and equality(or relative equality) between rich and poor, barrows and nex gear... but... not anymore.

anyway, i guess ill buy virtus like i was planning to earlier today... when my net wouldnt work.... nothing like buying it for the odd 300m it will cost
Posted Image

oliboli1992
[ Display Name History ]

oliboli1992

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • RSN:Oliboli1992
  • RSN2:Kinghalo66
  • Clan:currently: none
Wow... i'm never going to be able to afford any nex gear... max cash pile has only been 50m... Well all i have to do is just hold on to my chaotics... which are going down the drain due to the lvl 90 weapons and dual weild being full of crap......

Hopefully in about 3 months time when i finally get pop armour i'll be on decent set-up to get through soem combat without safing like noob... inb4bankingevery5killsforfood!
Sig

Posted Image

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Meeran
[ Display Name History ]

Meeran

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • RSN:Calllumm
I want an offhand black scimitar, otherwise I'm quitting *grumpy face*
Posted Image

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

Gf me doing the range slayer dungeon with any kind of success. What I liked was being able to go to new slayer monsters (Gano, jadinko) in barrows-tier armor and still do reasonably well. Sounds like I'll be needing arma, if not pernix to do that, and I do not have the money for that.

They said they would only buff boss monsters (like gwd/corp)

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
The change in defensive gear might have some impact though. It depends on how the scale works (will gear only be better than it was before or could some gear be worse?)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
since when did jagex do what they said they would? we want this update to promote equality between all classes, so we're release tier 90 weapons, but we arn't going to release dual wield abilities? no questions, good.
Posted Image

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
I quite like the idea of adding parts to lower tier equipment to gain the higher tier stuff. I hope they do it with more than just claws, as this might give some more value to the currently worthless items.

Almost every other change is a step in the wrong direction though =S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users