Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

fishy227

Rejuvenate being a 5 min cooldown: wat (there goes the great use of shields!)

Sonovacrap. :wall: Rejuvenate was one of the things I liked the most about the EoC.

• Like 4

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This is bullshit. Give us all the details or shut up until it's released. This is causing blind, panicked speculation. Jagex, please STOP making these posts. They only stir shit up.

• Like 10

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I'm quite happy with the strength bonus on armour, because it's pretty much the only way high-tier armour can be viable fighting low/medium-strength enemies. Right now, void dominates all off-task combat up to and including glacors and qbd. That's massive for any one set of armour, let alone level 42 armour, and making some tier 70-85 equipment a bit better in that department is good imo. I would like my PoP armour to be the best, not just some semi-worthwhile money drain.

I think the Regenerate nerf is a bad idea. Instead of making it unattractive to use it, why not promote saving adrenaline? Right now, adrenaline drains so fast (out of combat) there's no other use than gaining a measly few health before the next fight starts. If you made an treshold/ultimate ability which reduces adrenaline to zero, until you start fighting again, when it instantly gives you 25-50% adrenaline - that would be a good use for it.

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Rejuvenate was one of the best defence ultimates... i really have no idea what jagex is smoking, save that they seem to be sucking the (bleeps) off the rich people.... This game should be a tiered one, and they'de been making such amazing steps away from elitist gear and equality(or relative equality) between rich and poor, barrows and nex gear... but... not anymore.

anyway, i guess ill buy virtus like i was planning to earlier today... when my net wouldnt work.... nothing like buying it for the odd 300m it will cost

meamzed.png

Wow... i'm never going to be able to afford any nex gear... max cash pile has only been 50m... Well all i have to do is just hold on to my chaotics... which are going down the drain due to the lvl 90 weapons and dual weild being full of crap......

Hopefully in about 3 months time when i finally get pop armour i'll be on decent set-up to get through soem combat without safing like noob... inb4bankingevery5killsforfood!

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Gf me doing the range slayer dungeon with any kind of success. What I liked was being able to go to new slayer monsters (Gano, jadinko) in barrows-tier armor and still do reasonably well. Sounds like I'll be needing arma, if not pernix to do that, and I do not have the money for that.

They said they would only buff boss monsters (like gwd/corp)

The change in defensive gear might have some impact though. It depends on how the scale works (will gear only be better than it was before or could some gear be worse?)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

since when did jagex do what they said they would? we want this update to promote equality between all classes, so we're release tier 90 weapons, but we arn't going to release dual wield abilities? no questions, good.

meamzed.png

I quite like the idea of adding parts to lower tier equipment to gain the higher tier stuff. I hope they do it with more than just claws, as this might give some more value to the currently worthless items.

Almost every other change is a step in the wrong direction though =S

I quite like the idea of adding parts to lower tier equipment to gain the higher tier stuff. I hope they do it with more than just claws, as this might give some more value to the currently worthless items.

Almost every other change is a step in the wrong direction though =S

This is a step in the right direction. Instead of just putting out a new set of armor, offer methods to upgrade existing armor to the next level. Dragon Mediums and Dragon Chains would not have tanked if they made them required ingrediants for making Dragon Full Helms and Dragon Platebodies. Not saying make it easier to upgrade than to obtain a new set of high level equipment, but offer an option that keeps the economy stable. Gives players multiple sources to farm instead of one boss that happens to drop the best.

My worry is the "exponential increase" mentioned. We know from grinding how big an impact exponential increase impacts gameplay. If they do this, then they need to release smaller tier increases. Something like Tier 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 87, 90, 93, 95, 97, 99. That way you get the uber expensive because they're "the best", but you have something near as good that won't be as expensive.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I've gotta say, this is a bit of a pisstake. I used regenerate a little bit between kills that I fail to maintain adrenaline, so that's gunna suck a bit. Should be interesting to see just how far the bosses are going to be buffed, given how easy they are at the moment in mid-tier gear. And claws, oh man.

It's such a shame that this far in we're still seeing such radical changes. Oh well.

I'm quitting if they don't let me wield my antifire shield and fire staff.

• Like 8

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Why are some people so against the idea of adding a strength bonus to higher level armor?

The Rejuvenatie nerf is a bit too much. The cooldown shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 minutes.

And I really hope they will give dual wield a 50% boost to abilities soon, and to Magic abilities with a staff too.

it's mostly because earlier they were trying to split the offensive/defensive functions which is why they removed the bonuses to begin with

in half a year we might as well just go back to the old system and it's like, why did we upset all these people and try to change things if we're just going to go back to it

i think the thing with claws is essentially dumb because half of it is the desire to return dragon, a normally just level 60 thing that isn't the best thing anymore for high level players and wasn't supposed to be the best thing, back to the best thing because people hate changing forever and Jagex took too long releasing the items and went ahead with their older plans to put them on hard creatures even though there was absolutely no reason to

this just screams "caving in to popular opinion" rather than having any kind of consistency whatsoever with the system at all

if we're going to upgrade weapons they should be weapons that are common enough that they can't all be bought out by speculators, as it is right now claws don't exist in a large enough supply to prevent it from essentially becoming a full price level 80 weapon on its own with a minor dg requirement as the supply isn't limited like vine whip drops

there are no level 60 claws anymore for people that are level 60.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I also like the idea of upgrading old equipment, but not Dragon Claws, I'd rather have them implement another set of claws at lv 70 and have those upgraded.

And doing that before even considering a Chaotic Spear upgrade to Zammy spear and a Chaotic Hilt (or similar) is also ridiculous.

Now onto strenght bonuses, I can't agree with that. They should just make armour more important, right now you have so much LP and the regular mobs are so weak there just isn't a point to use level 60 armour, as it's way overkill. Make mobs harder to valorize armour, not reintroduce strenght bonuses, that will only sperate the armour further.

Rejuv nerf is also beyond ridiculous, and I've seen some nerfs in my time.

Gf me doing the range slayer dungeon with any kind of success. What I liked was being able to go to new slayer monsters (Gano, jadinko) in barrows-tier armor and still do reasonably well. Sounds like I'll be needing arma, if not pernix to do that, and I do not have the money for that.

They said they would only buff boss monsters (like gwd/corp)

Chaotic Add-On for Dragon Claws

We will be adding a new piece of chaotic gear in the form of chaotic claws. These claws will be slightly different to existing chaotic equipment in that you’ll need to mount the claws onto an existing dragon claw weapon – both the off-hand and main-hand pieces. To compensate for this additional cost, the Dungeoneering token cost of the chaotic add-on will be significantly lower than equivalent chaotic gear. At a faster attack speed, and with increased crit chance, the chaotic claws will be formidable tools to use.

Upcoming Content Updates

The planned Kalphite King and the Ranged Slayer dungeons will both require the very best equipment for effectively fighting the foes found within. Buy up some awesome gear now to avoid disappointment!

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

upgrading the zspear with the same system is flawed for the same reasons. making the zspear a component of a level 80 chaotic item would essentially make all of those zspears level 80 items wanted by people of those levels, and then rob the level 70 people of any viable stab options for ten levels as prices rise and boss spots once again become dominated by max level people who feel even further entitled by this update because why should those noobs get all these valuable level 80 items when the higher levels are paying for them?

just terrible terrible ideas for the sake of prestige

8f14270694.jpg

i figure the ranged dungeon will be similar to the polypore dungeon, in which there are several tiers of equipment, but with only the top tier stuff actually being bought, and all of the highest level players fighting each other over spawns, thus rendering 90 percent of the art, content, and concepts unseen and unused

8f14270694.jpg

i figure the ranged dungeon will be similar to the polypore dungeon, in which there are several tiers of equipment, but with only the top tier stuff actually being bought, and all of the highest level players fighting each other over spawns, thus rendering 90 percent of the art, content, and concepts unseen and unused

And eventually being botted the crap out of, like Ganodermics are these days.

I also think they are trying to fix the problem with dual wielding by giving us dual wield weapons with higher max tier than 2h counter parts so dual wield doesn't look so bad, in this case, giving us T90 dual wield who is probably just as powerful as a T80 2h weapon, while they dont have to do the work of 'balancing' dual wield abilities and mechanics.

Seriously Jagex, why do you make it so hard for us to justify anything you do these days?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

So...we're back to square one with everyone using Bandos/Torva and claws?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Seriously Jagex, why do you make it so hard for us to justify anything you do these days?

Speaking of bots: does it speak volumes that, of all the issues in the game that need fixing, they felt this was the most pressing concern? Glossing over the very real and practical difficulties, choosing to focus on this instead because it doesn't fit in with their "vision" of what MH should look like?

• Like 1

Rejuv every 5 minutes minutes, while harsh, really needed to be nerfed. I find it strange that I have been training combat for a month now without eating a single piece of food.

I probably won't eat a piece of food though :P .

22031_s.gif

And all the mad poor people come out of the woodworks. It is now obvious they wanted armor to crash only so they could afford it with putting in no effort. Seriously, work at a goal and accomplish it. Don't be complacent with mid level gear.

People were fine with wearing barrows and gano for the rest of their lives. Glad Jagex changed that.

Finally, melee needed this update. It was too weak in dps compared to range against bosses and had the problem of not being able to hit from a distance, unlike range and magic. And with the number of distancing abilities they have, I am not worried about that becoming unbalanced again.