Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Emaxganis

If equipment wasn't so 'generic' a a random stat generator for gear would be fun and interesting. Why might be more suitable for runescape might be what maple story uses as refining. Basically an item can be reforged with slightly better stats. This process can be repeated several times with increasing chance of failure after a certain point.

Or like Mu with gems :P
Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

If equipment wasn't so 'generic' a a random stat generator for gear would be fun and interesting. Why might be more suitable for runescape might be what maple story uses as refining. Basically an item can be reforged with slightly better stats. This process can be repeated several times with increasing chance of failure after a certain point.

I've played other MMO's with this system before and I think it's actually quite good.

If Jagex would take the plunge and re-invent Smithing, we could smith armour enhancers that could do such a thing.

Another possible method could be to implement a system where you can get said enhancers by breaking down pieces of the armour you want to improve which would give you the enhancers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Or like Mu with gems :P

Socketing is meh... I think socketing should have a lot more with it. I mean gems are fine, but the whole potential with the pocket slot for trinkets, totems, luck charms, etc. is fine with me. What's got my mind hinged on a good 'randomizing' factor is seeing an enchanting-like skill come into play. Almost like how prayers are. Players have asked for prayers for skilling and other crap for ages... It's been a near-silent murmur, but the concept is genuine, interesting and very much merits some exploring. I wouldn't mind seeing tiered enchantments for weapons and armor. Maybe letting pieces carry more than one enchantment? Imagine enchantments like letting you apply 'steel skin'-like effects to your bandos chest plate and permanently binding it to your character. Of course maybe training this skill would involve creating the materials from drops and the larger hunks of xp would be either breaking an enchantment for another... Yada, yada, yada... Lets see if its the actual skills coming or something else.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
^^ could be a good rework to runecrafting to revive it as a skill.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
Thank [bleep] for that.
That killing the toughest boss in the game required level 42 gear for all but one of your team was laughable. And seeing as you need to put in exponentially more time to acquire higher levels, it makes sense that you get exponentially better rewards.

Not a fan of the chaotic add on to claws though. That implies some sort of relationship between dragon equipment and chaotic, something we have zero evidence of.

Asmodean <3

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:ArchangeLx

Not a fan of the chaotic add on to claws though. That implies some sort of relationship between dragon equipment and chaotic, something we have zero evidence of.

I suppose they could spin off a tale something along the lines of the symbiotic thing in Spiderman (that turns him into Venom). The chaotics simply latch on to anything and enhance the chaos in them. (Perfectly missed opportunity for an awesome quest to go along with this update, to be honest...)

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I suppose they could spin off a tale something along the lines of the symbiotic thing in Spiderman (that turns him into Venom). The chaotics simply latch on to anything and enhance the chaos in them. (Perfectly missed oppurtunity for an awesome quest to go along with this update, to be honest...)

I don't see why there'd need to be any sort of disparity between Dragon and Chaotic.
In some dialogues Dragon equipment is reference as coming from Frenskae, which is where the Mahajaratt came from.
If this is true then holds to reason Mahajratt folks (such as Bilrach) would likely have access to lots of dragon-equipment and could've easily fashion an attachment to add to one from the chaotic metal(?) he came across in digging Daemonheim.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

I suppose they could spin off a tale something along the lines of the symbiotic thing in Spiderman (that turns him into Venom). The chaotics simply latch on to anything and enhance the chaos in them. (Perfectly missed oppurtunity for an awesome quest to go along with this update, to be honest...)

I don't see why there'd need to be any sort of disparity between Dragon and Chaotic.
In some dialogues Dragon equipment is reference as coming from Frenskae, which is where the Mahajaratt came from.
If this is true then holds to reason Mahajratt folks (such as Bilrach) would likely have access to lots of dragon-equipment and could've easily fashion an attachment to add to one from the chaotic metal(?) he came across in digging Daemonheim.

Isn't Chaotic material Gorgonite, just named differently to avoid confusion? And Gorgonite in turn is just normal metal twisted by magic?

Besides that fact we can attach spikes, trim and bones to dragon armor, augmenting combat capabilities shouldn't be too difficult, even mortals like us can do it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus

Thank [bleep] for that.
That killing the toughest boss in the game required level 42 gear for all but one of your team was laughable. And seeing as you need to put in exponentially more time to acquire higher levels, it makes sense that you get exponentially better rewards.

brb selling armour which takes 10-15 hours to get

wait a second, its level 42 and has one of the hardest grand master quests in rs requirements. (sorry normal void doesn't exist) Void's always had good stats because of the time taken to get it, almost as bad as MA rings... So i think its fair it should remain good.
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

wait a second, its level 42 and has one of the hardest grand master quests in rs requirements. (sorry normal void doesn't exist) Void's always had good stats because of the time taken to get it, almost as bad as MA rings... So i think its fair it should remain good.

This. I remember them saying early in the beta that they'd take into account items that have low (direct) level requirements but otherwise require a lot of effort to get.

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
then again, goliath gloves have highest reqs for equipment in rs and yet are absolutely (bleep) compared to pre-eoc.
Posted Image

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

Thank [bleep] for that.

brb selling armour which takes 10-15 hours to get

Difficulty may be subjective to a certain extent but calling the Pest Queen one of the hardest bosses in the game is an exaggeration.

Neither elite void or MA rings are 'difficult' to get, they just take time to attain. That said I agree that Void needs to stay useful otherwise it has no purpose and we already have enough useless items in the game as it is.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I think void mostly needs a high-level upgrade, something like elite void but level 60 or 70. As much time as it takes to get, it's still fairly cheap, especially considering the top is a quest reward (from an easy quest I might add). The remaining 1250 Pest Points take about 10-15 hours, but you also get a bit of combat xp, and you can get void way before your moneymaking exceeds 2m/h (80s melees, no overloads, no turmoil, no unicorn). That puts the price at under 20m for the whole set. For top-tier melee, ranged and magic gear, together, that's a bargain. With that prayer bonus, and not degradeable either?
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
simply make elite void lvl 70 gear... no problem then...
Posted Image

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
I think void is jagex biggest legacy issue ever. They should just make void level 40 and elite level 60. From there they could introduce higher "offensive" armors as drops and such from bosses.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
Elite void has the same stats as regular apart from the prayer, that's hardly worth a higher level requirement (plus the quest requirements, 78 att/str, no def, suits offence-focused armour). Adjusting the void set effect to be more in line with other armour (which has no damage boost atm, but that's coming), combined with armour/lp/level/requirement boosts, would be best imo. T60 and T80 void would be nice. T80 would have to have some (fairly) tough requirement, maybe similar to gathering Shards of Armadyl or godsword shards.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
I got a new response... Who cares any more?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Elite void has the same stats as regular apart from the prayer, that's hardly worth a higher level requirement (plus the quest requirements, 78 att/str, no def, suits offence-focused armour). Adjusting the void set effect to be more in line with other armour (which has no damage boost atm, but that's coming), combined with armour/lp/level/requirement boosts, would be best imo. T60 and T80 void would be nice. T80 would have to have some (fairly) tough requirement, maybe similar to gathering Shards of Armadyl or godsword shards.

Might be a good idea to save T80 void for a time when we've got T90+, though.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

I got a new response... Who cares any more?

Clearly, nine pages worth of people do so far.

xByrdman
[ Display Name History ]

xByrdman

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • RSN:xByrdman
Would new tiers of void have higher def and lp? Or better bonuses? I know better bonuses would be overkill but it wouldn't make sense to me for any level of void to have high def. The Void Knights don't tank the pests they kill them as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users