Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Player-Owned Ports: Voyage Calculator

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
[ Display Name History ]

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts

Thanks for the detailed report. I've updated the calculator with this, and added you to the credits. :)

No problem! And do note (this may or may not have been added already, I'm not sure) that the random event effects are additive, too.

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Xena Dragon
The calculator now supports saving and loading of all entered data. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the new feature.

You can use this to:
  • Share data across multiple browsers.
  • Share data across multiple PC's.
  • Save and load data for multiple RuneScape accounts.

Enjoy! :)

Xena_Dragon.png

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
And today's update adds Ration Packs, Powder Kegs and Seasinger's Bottled Cries to the equation.

Xena_Dragon.png

Old McAlphy
[ Display Name History ]

Old McAlphy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RSN:Old McAlphy
Ah awesome updates! I always found it hard to tell how much an effect could help for a voyage involving two or more targets.

ToasterRage
[ Display Name History ]

ToasterRage

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
First off, awesome job with the calc and ALL the updates that have been made to it.

I have noticed that occasionally, seafaring does not match up with Runescape's calculation. Right now, the calc is showing 2040 on a journey that Runescape shows as only 1825. I've triple checked that I've got the crew data entered properly, but cannot see where the difference is coming in.

Here's my data (listing only lvl, seafaring and traits):

Captain (1): 110 (second row, 1st column)
Eastern Overseer (5): 190 Solidarity (5r, 2c)
Eastern Guide (4): 520 (4r, 3c)
Eastern Bannerman (5): 0 (5r, 3c)
Exploding Golem (5): 0 Staunch (3r, 5c)
Cyclops (5): 20 Rallying Cry (3r, 2c)

This was on a 2000/2000/2000 trip, so there was obviously a need for Morale and Combat, otherwise I'd just pick all Seafaring.

I'm trying to see which crew is involved in the disparity to clear things up. I'm including the cells these crew are positioned in the calc.

[ Display Name History ]

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts

First off, awesome job with the calc and ALL the updates that have been made to it.

I have noticed that occasionally, seafaring does not match up with Runescape's calculation. Right now, the calc is showing 2040 on a journey that Runescape shows as only 1825. I've triple checked that I've got the crew data entered properly, but cannot see where the difference is coming in.

This was on a 2000/2000/2000 trip, so there was obviously a need for Morale and Combat, otherwise I'd just pick all Seafaring.

I'm trying to see which crew is involved in the disparity to clear things up. I'm including the cells these crew are positioned in the calc.

That's not really enough data to get the full picture. Could you post

a.) The deck items/hulls/rams/etc. you have
b.) The full stats of the crew/captain you're using
c.) A screenshot of the Runescape interface showing the values for each stat.
d.) Are you using any effects?

Thanks!

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior

And today's update adds Ration Packs, Powder Kegs and Seasinger's Bottled Cries to the equation.

What else is on the menu to be added?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

What else is on the menu to be added?

We're currently looking into sorting options, like sorting per ship (assuming crew members have been assigned to ships) and sorting by combat/morale/seafaring/total. Including speed is still on the back-burner as the results of various speed enhancements are still quite unpredictable.

Xena_Dragon.png

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
Any chance of an option to force in a Merchant in your team?
To be honest, I'd rather take a Barmaid's tip with 92% and a Merchant than a 100% Barmaid's tip without.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

ToasterRage
[ Display Name History ]

ToasterRage

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts

That's not really enough data to get the full picture. Could you post

a.) The deck items/hulls/rams/etc. you have
b.) The full stats of the crew/captain you're using
c.) A screenshot of the Runescape interface showing the values for each stat.
d.) Are you using any effects?

Thanks!

Oops, yeah. Boat stats would effect that. 8^/

a) I've got up to Reinforced Ram, Cannon x2, Golden Hull and Refitted Shipwright.
b) The Captain stats are M:140, C:240, S:120 and Lvl 1.
c) I'll grab screen shots if/when it happens again.
d) No effects. I try and hit 100% naturally. If I can't make it, I start looking at any upgrades / crew I can purchase. If it doesn't help me, I don't buy it.

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Any chance of an option to force in a Merchant in your team?
To be honest, I'd rather take a Barmaid's tip with 92% and a Merchant than a 100% Barmaid's tip without.

Oops, my bad. Forcing one (or possibly more) crew members on the team is also on the to-do list :)

Xena_Dragon.png

[ Display Name History ]

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts

Oops, yeah. Boat stats would effect that. 8^/

a) I've got up to Reinforced Ram, Cannon x2, Golden Hull and Refitted Shipwright.
b) The Captain stats are M:140, C:240, S:120 and Lvl 1.
c) I'll grab screen shots if/when it happens again.
d) No effects. I try and hit 100% naturally. If I can't make it, I start looking at any upgrades / crew I can purchase. If it doesn't help me, I don't buy it.

Hmm, still not sure what the issue is. Since you seem to be the only one having problems, and without more information, I'd probably guess you accidentally type something in wrong.

ToasterRage
[ Display Name History ]

ToasterRage

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts

Hmm, still not sure what the issue is. Since you seem to be the only one having problems, and without more information, I'd probably guess you accidentally type something in wrong.

I kept double and triple checking the numbers, and I've got screen grabs here now. Will post tomorrow. Here's more info on what I found.

I usually use FF (18.0.1) for the calc. I had the issue repeat.

1) Once I had an inconsistancy, I fired up Chrome (24.0.1312.52 m), and entered the stats of the crew. With ONLY the crew that was selected by the calc available, One captain and five crew, there's only one way for it to choose. Chrome did the calc correctly.

2) Saved both my current FF data with one name, and the chrome data with another name.

3) Loaded the chrome data in ff, and ran calculate. This time FF did calculate matching values (with only the single crew option) to RS.

4) Loaded the FF data in Chrome, and then ran the calc. Chrome picked the same crew, and again calculated matching values to RS.

So, the only thing I can come up with is a local buffering/calc issue under FF and limited conditions. Perhaps some of the crew data was messed up locally if the calc was updated behind the scenes. Repeating this is the tricky part. Perhaps just reloading the data from the server will clear it up.

BTW, where in the browser is the data stored locally?

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Any chance of having a button that saves the percentage that a boat goes out at with the crew? IE press ship 1 saves the crew and stores 93%

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

BTW, where in the browser is the data stored locally?

If you use Chrome, hit F12 and then click the Resources tab. You will see that the calculator stores its data in the browser's local storage.

Posted Image

Xena_Dragon.png

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Any chance of having a button that saves the percentage that a boat goes out at with the crew? IE press ship 1 saves the crew and stores 93%

And once it is saved, what would you want to do with it?

Xena_Dragon.png

Old McAlphy
[ Display Name History ]

Old McAlphy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RSN:Old McAlphy
Oh my, thanks so much for the update allowing you to force certain crew members on board! It's actually amazing. THANK YOU!

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Save it until the boat comes back, makes it easier to log success rates at various percentages. When you hit clear the boat buttons the percentages go away.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

ToasterRage
[ Display Name History ]

ToasterRage

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts

Save it until the boat comes back, makes it easier to log success rates at various percentages. When you hit clear the boat buttons the percentages go away.

Agreed, would be helpful when you swear the boat was at 100% and the trip fails. It has happened to me. It's possible (or at least WAS, who knows what all was fixed in some of the POP updates) to fail a trip even at 100%. RS doesn't pop up a voyage % on the success/fail screen to remind you.

By the way, since reloading data how I mentioned before, there has not been a missed calc...

perc
[ Display Name History ]

perc

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have one final suggestion, but I have no idea whether it's feasible (I know little about programming and computing time).

• We should be able to enter ALL the voyages on offer (stating which special missions are mutually exclusive) and the calculator work out the best setups, given our criteria, for four voyages (this obviously includes at least one special voyage), three voyages, two voyages and one voyage. In addition, something to consider would be a box by each voyage to type in the success rate below which you just won't do it, so it can automatically skip showing you a terrible result which you definitely won't like!
As it stands, you can, for example, easily send off two voyages at 100%, but then be left with something at 55%. It would be extremely useful to calculate for all voyages at once and know you can send out three at, say, 85% at least, even before seeing what new voyages appear as you send them off. The reason for giving it for four voyages AND three etc. is that if the calculator gives you four voyages at 60%, you can decide against that and look at three and see that it's something like 90% and go with that.

Sorry to be so demanding, but perhaps consider it a challenge?

I also know little about programming and computing time, but the only improvement I could use with this calculator is the use of two+ ships at the same time. If it is not feasible, then oh well. Thank you, I really love using this calculator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users