The Slayer model

Thai_tong

Version 9.2 Here

The slayer model is a spreadsheet tool that requires no download. It can be used to predict various outcomes of your personal slayer task list such as how long your goal will take and how many charms you will get. I have been testing slayer on and off for over 2 years and have created this tool, I hope you can make great use of it :)

To use it you simply need to log in to your google account, click file and click make a copy and then you will be able to edit your copy to suit how you prefer to slay.

Instructional video

I have a video explaining how to use the model if you prefer not to read, if you are interested in how the model works then I suggest you read the rest afterwardshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3h0NK6hoLs

The task input interface

http://puu.sh/1KRkD

The input should be self explanatory. Here you specify which tasks you do, block and cancel and how fast you kill the monsters. The default kills per hour are based on the fastest method to kill monsters, normally this means using a cannon, steel titan, overloads, prayers and abilities.

When changing which tasks are done and cancelled keep an eye on the E(Slayer points) output, this number is how many points you will gain on average per task assigned. If this is negative that means that the task list specified is not sustainable long term and you will lose points. You should aim to have a positive E(Slayer points) value unless you have excess points to get rid of. Players looking to optimise which tasks they block and which they cancel should look at the “Task logs” sheet to see how common each of the tasks that they wish to avoid are and block the most common of those to save points.

Input how many you kill per hour, you cannot simply put in your xp per hour but just use this to know when you have entered the correct kills per hour.

The drops input interface

http://puu.sh/39BvT.png

The drops input allows you to choose what you want to do with drops such as charms and bones Outputs related to the drops inputs are shown here.

Options appear in a drop down box. Click the cell you want to change and click the small arrow beside the cell the make the list appear.

http://puu.sh/1KQdn

Choosing which minor drops you want to pick up is explained later.

The combat input interface

http://puu.sh/39ByU.png

This interface allows you to choose what weapons you use for monsters of each weakness. The cost for runes, arrows and repairing weapons will be determined by what you put in here. You should note that changing weapon choices and such will not automatically update your kills per hour, these inputs are for calculating the cost of repairing weaons and the cost of ammunition.

Options appear in a drop down box. Click the cell you want to change and then click the small arrow that appears beside it to see the list.

http://puu.sh/1KQdn

Task frequencies and effigies

Task frequencies are got from the knowledge base/official wiki here http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Slayer_Master#Kuradal Those serious about conserving slayer points should look at the 'Task logs' sheet to see how common monsters are and block the most common of the ones you plan to not do.

The effigy drop rate of monsters is simply assumed to be 1/4 of the drop rate prior to the nerf. A formula for the drop rate before the effigy nerf was determined by xp-waste research and it was fairly accurate. Taking effigies to be 1 quarter the previous drop rate is not accurate but effigies are so rare and have little affect now that this isn't a big problem. I will however continue logging effigy drops to improve the accuracy of the formula.

Combat and herbicide xp

Combat xp shown is based on an average gotten on task. In the combat input you can choose to get Ranged xp or Defence xp or Ranged and defence xp, and likewise for magic and melee. If you select to not use a steel titan this will adjust your ranged xp gain accordingly but it will always assume that you use a cannon (except for monsters in the polypore dungeon where a cannon isn't useful).

The amount of xp gotten from the herbicide is typically based off of a sample of 1000+ kills, more for tasks that drop a lot of herbs (e.g. Spectres), less for tasks that rarely drop herbs (e.g. Wyvern).

Charms

Charm drop rates are primarily based on Zarfot's slayer log because I believe he is a reliable source of information. Zarfot's log only shows drop rates of blue, crimson and green charms and so the drop rate of gold charms and the charm drop rates of monsters released after Zarfot quit are gotten from runescape wiki. When calculating the time you spend training summoning the model will check to see if you can complete your summoning goal using only blue charms- then crimson and blue ect and if you do not have enough charms it assumes you barrage dagganoth for the remaining xp at 200k summoning xp/hr.

Tradable drops and profits

Perhaps the most important part of the spreadsheet for many players is the predicted profits/losses of their task list. Players can select which drops they want to pick up in the “Drop selection” sheet. Enter either a 1 if you pick up the item or 0 if you don't. To begin with it is assumed that players pick up some but not all of the drops.

http://puu.sh/39BFN Example of the drop selection sheet

I log all drops of reasonable value most tasks, however cheap drops such as death runes from nechryael are based off of a small sample size as I am not bothered picking up every single drop- as are most players.

Each time I log a drop it will automatically update the drop log in your copy. The drop rate of the draconic visage is gotten from a thread on the runescape forums, they have a huge number of kills logged and I believe they are a reliable source of information.

Rare drop table drops can be a number of drops such as tooth half of key, 100 noted runite ore and uncut dragonstones.

Note that the price shown is for 1 of the dropped item but the monster might drop several at once.

For the overall profit figure the cost of cannonballs, scrolls, arrows, runes, repairing weapons and prayer potions are all included.

• Like 1

Very useful, but the bonecrusher/herblore stats seem to be massively out. 750K herblore exp/hr from herbicide? 1M from bonecrusher?

In addition, given that two years of the data was gathered before EoC was released, how relevant is the model post-EoC?

The name entered in by default is elvis so the herblore and prayer gains are for 84mil slayer xp which is how far he has to go til 200mil. Eoc didnt change the monster drops except effigies, the formula for drop rate of effigies was established before Eoc but is related to the monster's combat level so putting in their new combat level fixes this. Task assignment rates were gotten in the combat beta so they will be the same as current (though there really is no reason they would change). Everything else was re-tested after Eoc.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have a better formula for the drop rate of effigies within the next 2 months. I am following the adventurers logs of 40 bots to see how often they get effigies and from those grotworm/frost dragon/green dragon kills I will be able to find a formula for drop rate of a monster of any combat level.

This is great, might be more suited to Data and Research though?

I keep it up to date so that people can use it as a tool for their own slaying not a place to go to find various averages like herbicide xp per kill (not that anyone would want to know anything but effigy drops and ganodermic drop rates).

I'm not sure how this data holds up in credibility, but you might want to cruise around it a little bit, in case you haven't already.

Thanks for that info, I'd use the clue scroll data if I was ever to add an option to complete hard or elite clues.

The rest of the data is not accurate enough though. The old formula for effigy drop rates which they say was reduced by a factor of 2.8 pre-dates March 2011. As they say in relation to frost dragon vissage rates, their whole calculation could be skewed by people picking up effigies and not opening them immediately- I have several measures to help prevent this from happening to my data. However, even though the actual rates are inaccurate, the relative rates of items dropped should be very accurate with their sample size, I will be able to use this to find a better approximation to special drops such as dragon plateskirts/legs dropped by iron and steel dragons :)

• 2 weeks later...

I realised that dagganoth under waterbirth had different charm drops to the lighthouse ones so I tested and fixed their drop rates. Also players who don't get enough charms from slayer will now kill dagganoth to get the remaining charms.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully the slayer update didn't add any new tasks to kuradal. I believe that doing tasks in slayer tower is an extra 20% to slayer xp. I don't think its worth doing abberant spectres there but gargoyles spawns are similar to kuradal's dungeon. Nechs are less cramped than in the chaos tunnels which makes hurricane and quake worse, abyssal demons will probably be worth doing there. When the tower isn't crowded I'll test the tasks and change their xp per kill if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It will be a while before I can include automatons in the model :( but since they are good profit I expect people will be keeping logs so it might be easy to include their profits once I know how common their task is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hooray. I finally got around to updating this, it now includes automatons and avansies but not the new task released 2 days ago. It is simplified a bit to minimise the amount of information you must enter and should also lag less.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...