Need some clarity on equipment; picking chaotics

mousepad

Hey tip.it. When I heard about the EoC I bought a membership and have been playing again since Jan 1. I have been doing almost exclusively dungeoneering, and I have gone from 95 to 475k xp short of 99. I have a lot of tokens and a lot of chaotics, but I am not quite sure on anything.

I have:

- Rapier and offhand version

-Maul

-CLS

-CCB

and 250k tokens.

Of course the eoc has really changed dungeoneering and I find it really fun. It is basically a minigame, not a skill, but I like it. I can see myself doing dungeons until I have enough tokens for everything, but its a lot of time.

EoC related questions:

- Before the update, it was easy to know what the most ideal loadouts were for any given scenario. Bandos armour, d boots, fury, dfs, crapier, fury, slayer full helm or whatever. Torva if you could afford it. Divine/Ely if you could afford it. Simple. Now I have no idea what to equip in most slots. Should I be wearing a shield only when fighting something that could potentially KO me? I figure that because there are so many ways to heal when doing slayer tasks or general PvM that the trade of of dps for defense is stupid.

- What in the hell do I equip for ranged and mage? I have no idea what the obvious loadouts are for these. I prefer stuff that doesn't degrade but I can live with it.

- What is the deal with wands/staffs/books? Mage looks really freaking cool now, and I have seen youtube vidoes of people just laying down some hurt using momentum and what looks like a wand.

I feel like I am just on the edge of really understanding the new combat system, but when I want to go on a slayer task to take a break from dungeoneering, I have no idea what to bring.

p.s. I really wish I would stop giving away all my stuff when I stop playing :(

Dynastyfan0.png

Hi!

When talking about slayer, damage per second (DPS) is the thing you want. Every monster has it's weakness now, using a wrong method (melee instead of ranged) or a wrong weapon (slash instead of stab) would drastically slow down your kills/hour. For slayer you want the best weapons out there.

A useful thread to start out with on the official RuneScape forums is: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?154,155,998,64115641. Here are different setups for all styles explained, as well as monster weaknesses and how to set up your action bars.

Here you have a video showing all the XP/h, best things to block now from the slayer master, how to set up the action bars and what gear to wear

Also, for amour wile slaying, they don't give offensive stats anymore (AND YET). It would be best to take something with a high bonus to prayer. Note that Bandos chestplate, the Nex sets and the eastern (POP) sets are getting extra offensive boosts in the near future. This might change what is best to wear. Also shields don't give offensive stats anymore, so best to dual-wield or use two-handed.

I started playing on the 1st of January as well! Quite getting the hang of it :wink:

Good luck!

Snip

If you really enjoy dungeoneering, it would a good idea to invest in the rings, berserker/desperado/blazer are all still recommended I think.

I have done that already up to Tier 7 in each I believe. Wasn't worth it past 7 imo.

I ended up getting 99 this afternoon and buying the offhand long and crossbow. I used the rest of my tokens getting bone crusher, arcane stream, and the demon horn.

Dynastyfan0.png