Taking down the Queen

nuget

So, since they obviously changed a load with the defence en offensive capabilities of gear.. i was wondering how i should aproach the queen black dragon for the first time.

Do i take a lot of food? (i want to forge my bow) and what gear do i take (giving that im not a billionair, so nex gear etc is out of the question)

Considering i will make more trips if i succeed, im willing to infest up to like 50 million (More optional up to 75M max)

I have Armadyl ranged gear (or Karils, whatever is best) and rune crossbows or karils bow to work with (bolt i can adjust ofcourse, to match the weapon)

Also could go in with magic gear (Ahrims, or Ganodermic), but i just dont know.

I have access to ancient spells.

I do not have access to the curses part of prayer (so regular prayer only)

I have acces to sup antifires, and whatever other potion i might need. (99 Herblore, yay)

Can someone give me a short setup? or help me out with a description.

Much appreciatted.

Armadyl is good, you'll want Karil's crossbow with bolt racks until you get that royal crossbow forged, then use that with royal bolts.

Gear: Arma chest/skirt, the rest should be your best melee equipment for additional ranged defence. Pray protect from ranged as well.

Inventory: 1 overload 1 prayer renewal 1 antifire 4 pray pots unicorn scrolls uni summoned rest rocktail.

Stay away from her melee range and keep close to the artefacts when a stage is at low health.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So the best thing is to have a high ranged defensive rate (as high as possible)

The rest is not really an issue, as i meet those conditions.

Ill get some rocktails and try it tommorow :)

Thanks for the answer.

My problem is that she "withdraws" (??) on her second stage when not killed and starts spitting grotworms, but the artefact is not ready to be used. How can I overcome this?

I've died 10 times like this already :( i r noob :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

You know there are four different artefacts, and you can't use the one near the centre a second time?

If not that, I don't know what's happening.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So my first attempt failed misserably, i manage to take down the first fase then got KO'ed by the minions with 1500 hits :(

Whats the best way to not get slammed by those (i had only one running around, are there magic hits that hard?)

The easiest way is to take her down with blood fire blitz in gano. Using a shield might help, but isn't necessary. You honestly can't get easier than that.

One useful tip is to stand kiddy corner directly to the left of the middle artifact. From here you have easy access to running to the left or right for the firewall gaps. When you get confident enough you'll learn to run halfway to the next artifact while casting. Also it might help to use soulsplit in conjunction with blood fire blitz.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You know there are four different artefacts, and you can't use the one near the centre a second time?

If not that, I don't know what's happening.

And this is what happens when I dont bother to read a guide and just go in hoping for the best :P

haha

thanks.

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

The easiest way is to take her down with blood fire blitz in gano. Using a shield might help, but isn't necessary. You honestly can't get easier than that.

One useful tip is to stand kiddy corner directly to the left of the middle artifact. From here you have easy access to running to the left or right for the firewall gaps. When you get confident enough you'll learn to run halfway to the next artifact while casting. Also it might help to use soulsplit in conjunction with blood fire blitz.

Too bad he said in the OP that he doesn't have curses or ancients.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Curses do not really matter anyways... He did say he has ancient magicks and that's what's matters most because the healing from blood fire blitz is a great buffer against the damage.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

An additional tip:

Bring a shield (and a one handed weapon) so you can Barricade when she spews fire.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

An additional tip:

Bring a shield (and a one handed weapon) so you can Barricade when she spews fire.

Never done that... It sounds interesting.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hmmmm, seems the Gano way is a litlle easier to handle.

Didnt get killed this time lol, just tele'd out at third stage only halfly killing the queen.

Got hammered again with 1500 hits, and i cant figure out where they come from :(

anyway, gonna try agian ofcourse :P

Yes, i am... thats the weird part.

If i wouldnt get slammed with those hits, i would be just fine..

Stop standing on the platforms.

sorry?

So what im doing wrong is standing on the platforms at the wrong times? i should stay in the first platform at all times (except for tagging the artifact?)

I might be completely late with this comment and it might have changed since the recent update, but using a crystal bow is a better option over Karil's should you go back to range. The penance aura is also great as you won't need prayer pots (or maybe one pot at most).

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Yes, and that was exactly my problem.

Now i just need to pay a litlle more attention to the minions (there are 4 in the last fase that killed me) but at least i make it to the fourth fase hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't updated my knowledge of ancients completely after EOC. Im assuming they took out/renamed/revamped certain spells. I'll look into this method though

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png