• US Pacific: 12pm

World: The world will be specified right before we start

Host: @Hedgehog

Friends chat: TMHT Mere

Co-hosts: TBD

[pending]ora_1358625600[/pending]

Server and Location

•  

We will meet outside the entrance to the Kalphite King. We recommend clearing the blocked passage prior to the event, so that unnecessary health is not lost. Depending on attendance, we may need to split into multiple parties, so be sure to listen to the hosts. Their instructions are important and should not be ignored.

Inventory and Equipment

As with all bosses, bring only gear that you are willing to lose. This is especially important for bosses such as the Kalphite King that can kill players almost instantly.

jBJbM.png

Suggested equipment. Note: Berserker ring and amulet of fury are not pictured. They are recommended to reduce the amount of item switching. Pretend the gloves are void gloves, not subjugation gloves. If you do not have void, we recommend using at least level 70 gear and that you have two combat styles available. Just remember that the more switches you need, the longer it takes and the less supplies you can bring. We also recommend bringing either a shield and a one-handed weapon or a shield to switch to if you use provoke.

0YaAn.png

Suggested equipment. Unicorns, steel titans, or pack yaks may be used. Other familiars can be used as well, but not as effectively. The ratio of food to prayer will vary based on stats and equipment. We recommend starting with a high amount of food, then adjusting the next trip to reduce the chance of death.

The Battle

The King had three forms: melee, ranged, and magic. The melee form (yellow) is weak to fire spells, the ranged form (green) is weak to stab attacks (although a chaotic maul will work better than two rapiers), and the magic form (blue) is weak to arrows. The King will randomly shift between these forms during the battle. It is highly recommended that the appropriate style is used.

The King's instant kill attack will turn a player green, stunning him or her and preventing him or her from teleporting. This can only be avoided by having a teammate use the provoke ability. The teammate will need to use resonance, barricade, or immortality in order to survive. We will do our best to ensure that this attack does not kill anyone, but we cannot guarantee anything.

If the King is targeting you and begins to dig, immediately move away to avoid take several thousand damage.

There is a lot more. We recommend reading the guides on other fansites, watching videos on YouTube, and practicing for yourself. The fight is much easier if you are experienced.

Requirements

There are no requirements, but we highly recommend having good equipment and armor. Level 70 equipment is likely the minimum, but lower levels may have some success. As always, we expect everyone to pull their weight.

There is a high chance of death, so attend at your own risk.

Friends Chat Ranks

• The Main host will be the Chat owner, or will have a Gold Star in the chat.
  • Silver stars are CO HOSTS.
  • Bronze Stars are other TMHT members.
  • Please note all three of these ranks will have the ability to kick members from chats, should we need to.
  • Players who wish to join the hunt can post on this thread, PM the host ingame, or join the chat before the event :) everyone will be added for coinshare so don't worry!
  • If you need assistance, feel free to Private message a Host/Co-host, or ask in the chat. All leaders are happy to help you with gear choices and inventory setups, should you be unsure of what to bring.

Hope to see you there!

I'll be there!

Clarification though, on the countdown timer, it says US Pacific: 1pm. But in the write up above it, 12am is written instead (and acutally, some of hte other times are a bit off too). Should we assume the timer is the correct version?

ArchangelSignature.jpg

I do hope a few people decide to show up, I'm not much of a combat lover let alone a boss hunter but I am seriously considering tagging along, gotta start some day?.... apparently returning after death is not too difficult? although I don't have much in terms of gear/levels will see how many are in the FC before deciding.

I do hope a few people decide to show up, I'm not much of a combat lover let alone a boss hunter but I am seriously considering tagging along, gotta start some day?.... apparently returning after death is not too difficult? although I don't have much in terms of gear/levels will see how many are in the FC before deciding.

You can easily return to your gravestone within 2 minutes or less using if you have pharao's sceptre (Jaldraocht) or Bandit camp lodestone. There you can pick up your stuff and return to continue the fight.

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

Jagex suggest that you should have AT LEAST both 80 defence and 160 combat level to even stand a chance. I'm trying to scare you, but on first day my friend formed a 20-player team of maxed players and King wiped them all out. Such a joy to be hunting there...

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

You're trying to scare me? doesn't take much hahahaha.... I know my combat is over 160 as for my defence I really don't know without looking (goes to show how little I do combat) I'd love to boss just never really had anyone to boss with.

Need to find some groups for noobs to lower bosses that are not all (meh too noob gtfo) kind of people.

Ok, so my levels are current in my sig as of 5 minutes ago, I have subjugation armor and bandos, and potions/food that can be bought isnt a problem. Recommendations for standing even a 1% chance if I go? :P I also have ZGS, abby whip, grifolic wand, staff of light if thats needed info. If you need more lemme know. xD I really would like to go. xD

Edit: Whoops, hold on. didn't do sig right.

Edit: Ok I just did a media thing instead. When someone can review it and lemme know that'd be great. Danke schön! :P

Stats

Most you can have per team is 20 (Jagex rule), so it may have to be several teams dependant on turnout, though i suspect quite a few will show up :D

cwazy_casper.png

Ok, so my levels are current in my sig as of 5 minutes ago, I have subjugation armor and bandos, and potions/food that can be bought isnt a problem. Recommendations for standing even a 1% chance if I go? :P I also have ZGS, abby whip, grifolic wand, staff of light if thats needed info. If you need more lemme know. xD I really would like to go. xD

If you can get a shield (ward, crystal) and a wand (grifolic wand +) you should be ok. You will definatly need your defensive abilities here.

Keep your eyes on the king and team mates as much as possible, and keep your eyes on the wings for the changes (as shown in the original post) and pray accordingly, and most of all, try not to panic when you go. Be vocal to your teammates, eg, if you turn green, be sure to shout "holy kalphite, hes guna ko me" or something along te lines of. and one of us will get him off you and save your life :D

EDIT: Got our 4th drygore drop today, Offhand longsword, came to me via LS though, so great fun my lsp >.<. So far my usual team has had 1 MH mace, 1 OH mace, 1 OH rapier, 1 OH longsword (MH = Mainhand, OH = Off-Hand)

cwazy_casper.png

i dont have void mage helm >.<

would melee/maul and range/royal cbow work?

havent been yet lol

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

Generally, aim to have at least 2 styles. I wouldn't expect any of the phases to last long enough for DPS to matter greatly, and if they do, you can always run to the bank and pick up a staff or wand and some runes.

If people are interested I have a 25 man vent server we could use. One group of 20 or two groups of 10.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Was there, disconnedted like 20 times, died as many times and got 2 dwarf weed seeds. So gl me.

teemupets.png

im0arp.jpg